Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marilena78

Thank you AHA... and a question about aloe vera...

Thank you for suggesting me to buy a moisturizer with aha yesterday. :D

I was using Neutrogena healthy skin, but it was not working.

Yesterday, I went to the drugstore and I bought ALPHA HIDROX AHA SOUFLLE [12 % aha, it is strong, I know, but it is the only they carried], LAC-HYDRIN FIVE with lactic acid, and 100% PRE ALOE VERA GEL.

I put on the Alpha Hidrox yesterday night. It burned a little, but was more than tolerable, and, then, I put a lot of moisturizer on. My skin is soft and even this morning, no new pimples [i used the CSR before applying the AHA]. Obviously, the red marks are still there. I did not think I could get rid of them in one night, but I like this product. it is the first AHA at this high concentration [12%] that I can put on my sensitive skin without crying for the burning. I hope I will start to see some results in few days.

This morning I applied LAC-Hydrin. It burns a little bit too, but it is a lot more moisturizing.

I am going to use the CSR morning and night on my back, chest, and face.

At night, I will use also the Alpha Hidrox and EUCERIN moisturizer.

In the morning, Lac-Hydein, moisturizer, and SPF [A LOT OF IT].

I would like to know what you think.

I have a question about ALOE VERA. I read that someone uses it for the red marks. How do you use it? like a moisturizer? Can I use it after the aha? I did not us it yet because I do not know if I can use it with and after the aha.

Thank you

Maria :angel:

Hi Maria,

If you are new to the CSR, all this might be too much for you too soon.

But if you have been on the CSR a few months, then if your skin can tolerate all that, it should be okay. But beware that adding in something that strong, you may not get real dry and irritated until a week or so into it, so just go slow with it. You don't want to over-irritate your skin!

I don't see any reason to add in aloe for the red marks, since the AHA should take care of them. Just give it time to work. Keep using the CSR to keep clear from new breakouts too!

Also, give the AHA more than a few days to judge its effectiveness. As with most anything, the results are cumulative over time.

Yeah, like Brandy said, the AHA will do everything you want aloe vera to do. Plus, it goes on better than aloe vera gel. A number of people here have experimented with aloe vera, but I sure haven't seen anyone on the regimen using that as their long term moisturizer.