Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

I'm Going to the DERM! Finally!!!

Ok so im going to the derm for the first time, anyone got any advice or what I should expect? I want an antibiotic, but I would be a little weird to ask since they're the doctor not me. I heard about mino drug, I was wondering if I would get that the first visit? Would they prescribe that to an 15 year old? I'm a little nervous, because I broken out this past week. I called Monday, but I didn't make the appointment, just to find out the next open spot is Friday the 4th! (some weeks before school starts!!! =(. Will that's about it. I'm currently using 10% BP and washing my face with a chinese herbal, it's called Honeysuckle Flower.

im going this monday and am pretty nervous. im going in and putting my foot down and saying i want accutane and if he wont give it to me ill go somewhere else. i am doing this because in the years past they just gave me shit that didnt work and cost my mom a lot of money. i am paying this time so im not spending my money on stuff i dont want. if i cant get any from derms in my city im going to my sisters derm in the bay area who perscribed her with accutane. i dont know about antibiotics but iv heard people getting accutane at 15 so i think you will be able to get it.

im going this monday and am pretty nervous. im going in and putting my foot down and saying i want accutane and if he wont give it to me ill go somewhere else. i am doing this because in the years past they just gave me shit that didnt work and cost my mom a lot of money. i am paying this time so im not spending my money on stuff i dont want. if i cant get any from derms in my city im going to my sisters derm in the bay area who perscribed her with accutane. i dont know about antibiotics but iv heard people getting accutane at 15 so i think you will be able to get it.

Oh, i don't know but have you tried calling them to ask before you scedule an appointment? At my city there's only 1 derm company and there like 5 places. Does it cost a lot of money each visit? The derm takes insurance in my place... but i dont know about accutance... hopes everything goes out well for you

im not sure how much it costs but my mom is paying that. im paying for the accutane.

Oh, i don't know but have you tried calling them to ask before you scedule an appointment?

call them and ask what?

Ok so im going to the derm for the first time, anyone got any advice or what I should expect? I want an antibiotic, but I would be a little weird to ask since they're the doctor not me. I heard about mino drug, I was wondering if I would get that the first visit? Would they prescribe that to an 15 year old? I'm a little nervous, because I broken out this past week. I called Monday, but I didn't make the appointment, just to find out the next open spot is Friday the 4th! (some weeks before school starts!!! =(. Will that's about it. I'm currently using 10% BP and washing my face with a chinese herbal, it's called Honeysuckle Flower.

I think he'll prescribe you an antibiotic and probably some topicals to go with it :) He did to me when I was young and at my first visit.. I think I was even younger.. 14 I believe.. but listen to what he says first and then ask him about it if he doesn't talk about an antibiotic.. don't feel weird.. ask.. because otherwise you'll probably regret it later if you don't...

I tell my derm about things and ask about stuff... because I have researched SO MANY acne products.. and my derm is an ass hole to me.. ugh.. my derm is such a snob.. everytime I talk to him about problems with my skin or something he takes it lightly.. and treats me like I'm an idiot.. literally.. the way he talks to me.. it's insulting.. and I think I'm going to leave his services because I can get the same prescriptions now by my own normal docter for less... and my normal docter is actually a nice, compassionate person..

but yeah.. I have a feeling your derm will prescribe you antibiotics with out much of any problem :) Hope you get a good derm!