Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mx123

Quitting the regimen

Firstly I'd like to say thanks to everyone here who has helped to answer my questions about the regimen and products. However, I feel I can't carry on with the regimen anymore after 8 weeks (to the day), my skin has not improved as much as I thought it would, it is extremely dry and I feel like I'm wasting my time spending 2 hours a day on something which doesn't seem to be helping that much. Regimen isn't for me I guess.

but it will get better- it took me much longer than 8 weeks, but since it has worked like it's supposed to, it's pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me.

Do consider sticking with it another month or two. Alot of people don't begin to see substantial results until after the 3 month mark. Then they come here and say they are so glad they gave it more time.

Also, it should not be taking two hours out of your day to do the Reg.

How exactly are you doing it?

Do consider sticking with it another month or two. Alot of people don't begin to see substantial results until after the 3 month mark. Then they come here and say they are so glad they gave it more time.

Also, it should not be taking two hours out of your day to do the Reg.

How exactly are you doing it?

lol, yeah, and if you're really unlucky like me, it takes about 4-4 1/2 months- (same thing for yahyah)

you should almost be there, though, mx123- 2 months is the point when most people start staying clear- and if you're clear you won't want to stop :D

2 hours was a bad estimate, thinking about it, it probably takes me an hour and a half, rather than 2. I guess I could do stuff while waiting, but I usually feel down about my skin and not motivated to do anything in this time.

I might stick with the regimen for a bit longer, I don't know. I guess I expected too much and thought the improvements would come quicker than this. Plus it is annoying me that my clothes keep getting ruined because of sweating in the heat, and when it rains, as well as my hair getting bleached. :(

Maybe part of the problem is that you are using Duac?? The reason the CSR works is due to the fact that Dan recommends using LOTS of 2.5% bp. I would think you could not use two fingers worth of Duac??

How much are you currently using?

Have you considered getting the CSR gel and trying it before you give up on the regimen altogether?

Maybe part of the problem is that you are using Duac?? The reason the CSR works is due to the fact that Dan recommends using LOTS of 2.5% bp. I would think you could not use two fingers worth of Duac??

How much are you currently using?

Have you considered getting the CSR gel and trying it before you give up on the regimen altogether?

I don't know exactly how much because I don't put it on my fingers before applying, as that makes it harder for me to try and avoid getting any on my hair. I would say it isn't much less than 2 fingers though.

It is the generous amount of bp that makes this regimen work so well. If you by chance aren't using enough, then try using more and see if that gets you more clear.

You can consider putting the Duac on your fingers to try and estimate out a large portion, or you can consider looking around in your local pharmacies/stores for a 2.5% bp brand and giving the CSR a go using the right amount, or consider ordering Dan's CSR gel (it is more economical than the store sizes anyway).

2 hours was a bad estimate, thinking about it, it probably takes me an hour and a half, rather than 2. I guess I could do stuff while waiting, but I usually feel down about my skin and not motivated to do anything in this time.

I might stick with the regimen for a bit longer, I don't know. I guess I expected too much and thought the improvements would come quicker than this. Plus it is annoying me that my clothes keep getting ruined because of sweating in the heat, and when it rains, as well as my hair getting bleached. :(

Don't give up yet. I'd also agree with the advice of finding and using a 2.5 concentration, either a local brand (or Dan's, which is probably a bit cheaper--except for the shipping). The 2.5 BP's are supposed to be as effective, but less harsh on your skin.

I also get bummed out with BP ruining my preferred dark clothes so I only use the BP at night, and wear a white t-shirt to bed rather than the usual black ones. When my hair is long enough that my bangs would brush my face at night (and pick up BP and start to lighten) I can protect it by wrapping it with a bandanna, and tucking in my bangs, away from my forehead. In the a.m., I can style my hair the way it's supposed to be.

Since I lay off the BP during the day, I don't have to worry about the bleaching then, and can wear whatever I want.

Another thing about sweating, bleaching, BP, etc. Along with the BP under my chin or on my neck ruining shirt collars when I turn my head around, another reason for me to not use BP during the day is that there will be times that I accidentally brush or scratch my face with my hand. Then if I touch touch my clothes at all (even briefly putting my hand on my lap or getting something out of my pocket) there's the chance of a random bleach spot. I want to avoid that.

It is definately worth putting in another month or two. Otherwise... about a year down the road... again fed up with your acne after trying multiple other 'solutions' you will decide to take another shot at the CSR... and have to put in those initial 8 weeks, plus another 8 weeks. Your 8 weeks in... you should really consider sticking it out for a little while longer.

best thing to do, go see your doctor he or she will give u something else like differin, retin a, tazorac ect

my doctor is changing my treatment due to my acne getting worse, but i have to wait until after my holiday as starting it now may mess my skin up while im on holiday.

he said hes gonna give me more topicals, new tablets and some new scar topical treatment :) but thats after my holdiay and he'll tell me all then

Are those products your using non-comedogenic?? They look a bit harsh for the regimen. Seriously- your better off importing more suitable products. I was having no success til i switched to dans gel, purpose cleanser and eucerin skin renewal. and then I had success!

Are those products your using non-comedogenic?? They look a bit harsh for the regimen. Seriously- your better off importing more suitable products. I was having no success til i switched to dans gel, purpose cleanser and eucerin skin renewal. and then I had success!

Yes, all the products are non-comedogenic, and they aren't "harsh" products either.

Most of this doesn't really look like the CSR. That's probably why it's not working.

What do you mean? Take a look at the regimen, what I do is exactly the same, just with slightly difference products.. :|

best thing to do, go see your doctor he or she will give u something else like differin, retin a, tazorac ect

I have to go to my doctor every few months so they can "check up" on my progress and then give me a repeat perscription for my anti-biotics and BP gel, and they have never offered me anything else.

Anyway, I saw my doctor today, as I needed the repeat perscription, and she is referring me to a dermatologist, but she says there will be about a 2 month wait for me. I've decided to stick with the regimen for this time well I am waiting for my apointment with the dermatologist and then I'll see what they say.

you're picking a bad time to stop, itt just starts getting better after 8 weeks. you'll regret it later!

I've decided to stick with it at least until I see a dermatologist in like 2/3 months. So by then I will know for sure if the regimen is working or not.