Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are they given out free to you by your doctor/derm? I live in Canada, and I have an appointment with my doctor in 2 days, and I was wondering about asking him this. Also do only dermatologists have the tools to do this? Or can family doctors do this as well?

You need a derm to do this. The one I went to charged $75 (but you can get cheaper, I was ripped).

I only ever had one and it was free. I think it depends on if your Derm wants to charge you or not. I had a REALLY good derm in montreal and she was so nice-always gave me free samples like crazy to get me started and didn't charge for the injection.

In Vancouver, I never had an injection but had a great derm that started me on accutane as soon as I saw her-gave me the 'script and sent me for my first blood test the same day I saw her!

most doctors will not do shots. they usually outsource that to a dermatologist as general practicioners are trained to just perscribe topicals or antibiotics and not any extraneous treatment.

where in canada are you? if you're in toronto, my derm does injections for $10.00 for up to 3 and $20 for however many more. its a $10 deductible per visit so that includes the injections however this is a clinic so i don't have to wait and can make same day appointments