Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How come there are many people who's life is ruled by acne? Tons and tons of kids with acne have such low self esteem. Now I understand that if you have severe+ acne, that it should obviously affect you mentally, but for the rest with mild and moderete acne, come on. I started out with mild acne, and then it went to moderate. I haven't really had low self esteem, and it's probably because I didn't care what other people though of how I looked like, it's just acne. Sure it makes you less attractive, but for most people it's temporary, and as time passes there are more ways to control it, and even make it vanish completely.

There are many people who whine that they can't get a girlfriend, and most of them just have mild acne. I got a precious looking girl, who is not only very good looking, but has a great personality. My friends are awsome, of course sometimes they make fun of my acne, but it's all fun and jokes, plus once it's gone they won't have to make fun of anything else. And a great family to be with.

I personally see it this way, and you people should too. We have become acostumed to our apearance with acne, some of us for just 1 year, some for 5 (like myself) and the rest for longer. But once it's gone, we'll have a face like everyone else, and I can safely say that majority of the people, if not everyone on this forum are very attractive, and if you can get over having a low self asteem, once your acne clears, you'll be a great person, visually and mentally. Don't let acne run your life. :dance:

How come there are many people who's life is ruled by acne? Tons and tons of kids with acne have such low self esteem. Now I understand that if you have severe+ acne, that it should obviously affect you mentally, but for the rest with mild and moderete acne, come on. I started out with mild acne, and then it went to moderate. I haven't really had low self esteem, and it's probably because I didn't care what other people though of how I looked like, it's just acne. Sure it makes you less attractive, but for most people it's temporary, and as time passes there are more ways to control it, and even make it vanish completely.

There are many people who whine that they can't get a girlfriend, and most of them just have mild acne. I got a precious looking girl, who is not only very good looking, but has a great personality. My friends are awsome, of course sometimes they make fun of my acne, but it's all fun and jokes, plus once it's gone they won't have to make fun of anything else. And a great family to be with.

I personally see it this way, and you people should too. We have become acostumed to our apearance with acne, some of us for just 1 year, some for 5 (like myself) and the rest for longer. But once it's gone, we'll have a face like everyone else, and I can safely say that majority of the people, if not everyone on this forum are very attractive, and if you can get over having a low self asteem, once your acne clears, you'll be a great person, visually and mentally. Don't let acne run your life. :dance:

Easier said than done, mate. It doesn't matter what form of acne people have, it will still affect them pscyhologically. Everyone is different, we all deal with it in our own ways, some worse than others. You can't just tell people to get over it, because some people can't. It's good to hear that you are dealing with your situation in a positive way, but come on, give everyone else a break. Self esteem is something that needs to be worked with over a period of time, you can't just develop a good self esteem over night.

after having acne for a long time your face doesnt just go back to normal, It damakes your skin even if your not technically being scarred.

This kind of thread gets boring - its just the same naive people time and again. Even if you were right you have gone about it totaly the wrong way. if you have it sorted then there is no point in you being here in this part of the forum.

That's why it's better to start now then never. :D

Whatever dude. People need support, not lecturing.

Guest runnerB

i think people come here and think they're the first ones to post this type of thing.

it's just emotionally draining to........after having it for soo long

yeah one or two spots are one thing but when people make fun of you and stuff and say things behind your back

how can you not ignore it? feel like shit tbh

everyone has been so mean to this guy.

cut him some slack you mean people.

he is trying to help you guys an you flame him.

:hand:

LOL i'll tell you why your take and my take on acne are different. Because you were probably born into a good life and had everything going for you, and acne was probably your only thing to go wrong. Try going through my life, with my dull friends, my family, and other shit i went through, then lets see what your take on acne is. For me when I got acne, My 1st thought was c'mon haven't I had enough, ANOTHER tough break!! Thats why, I had plenty of tough luck and other things not goin for me, then acne comes on top of all that, I used to be under the impression that I was cursed. But hey, you sound to have a nice life, and im happy for you. Enjoy it all.

Well if you have acne for like 7-8 years like I have and you just try everything you can think of to get rid of acne and it is still there, trust me that DOES affect your self esteem. Especially when you just go out and hear people passing by you on the street addressing some harsh comments about your appearance... I mean that really makes you feel down.

And it's easy to say that WHEN your acne clears you'll be just fine and all. But so many people who have struggled with acne for so long, that time just seems so far away and therefore you can barely dare to think about how life will be like then.

I'm not saying that your attitude isn't good. If you can keep it up like that then good for you, but there are so few people who can do that. I do have days when I feel my face doesn't look that bad and I feel confident during the day and all, but most of the time I just remember how long it has been since I have acne and wondering if it will actually clear up. :wall:

Anyways, that's just how I perceive this thing... Maybe everything will be better once my skin gets better :|

But hey man, i see where your comin from. If my life was better, if i had the better family, the friend or two i could count on, and a better child hood, maybe acne wouldn't have gotten in my way. But i was already angry and developing serious attitude problems before acne even entered the picture (when i mean attitude problems i meant i had a negative attitude and honestly quit lookin up for anything good to happen, i never had an attitude with people though). But yeah acne was just what i hope rock bottom for me, i hope i dont get any worse, because i literally sunk to new all time lows when i got acne, i hope i can't get any lower than I did back then.

Well if you have acne for like 7-8 years like I have and you just try everything you can think of to get rid of acne and it is still there, trust me that DOES affect your self esteem. Especially when you just go out and hear people passing by you on the street addressing some harsh comments about your appearance... I mean that really makes you feel down.

And it's easy to say that WHEN your acne clears you'll be just fine and all. But so many people who have struggled with acne for so long, that time just seems so far away and therefore you can barely dare to think about how life will be like then.

I'm not saying that your attitude isn't good. If you can keep it up like that then good for you, but there are so few people who can do that. I do have days when I feel my face doesn't look that bad and I feel confident during the day and all, but most of the time I just remember how long it has been since I have acne and wondering if it will actually clear up. :wall:

Anyways, that's just how I perceive this thing... Maybe everything will be better once my skin gets better :|

That's exactly what I mean!

If you don't care what other people think of your acne, and your confident and whatever, then why the hell are you on acne help message boards trying to fix it? if it really doesn't bother you, why take the time to even come here?

If you don't care what other people think of your acne, and your confident and whatever, then why the hell are you on acne help message boards trying to fix it? if it really doesn't bother you, why take the time to even come here?

Easy Easy ally. He was trying to help us and give us some positive incentive. He didn't mean to upset anyone. I respect him for that, even though Ican't seem to think on the positive terms he does.