Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TickingClock

TickingClock's Accutane(40mg)+Benzoyl Peroxide Log

Well, I've been on accutane for 17 days by today, and I feel like starting a log. I'll try to post daily from now on.

I have mild acne on my face, chest, and back.

I drink about 4L of water and 2L of milk daily. I know my acne isn't caused by dairy because I tested it myself.

Days 1-7:

Accutane took all the oil away from my face, and back. Basically no new pimples appeared on my face, how ever a few 1-3 did on my back and chest. Much better than the daily 1-3 I got on my body. Lips not dry at all.

Days 8-16:

My intial brakeout came. However it wasn't new pimples, just some pimples, and nodules that were burried and decided to come out. The left side of my face is clear of new pimples, and just has 1 nodule thats getting smaller.

The right side of my face, is a whole other story.

I had about 2 nodules beside each other, that decided to erupt at the same time. This made the right side of my face sore, inflamed and fugly. The pimples have been errupting to the point of bleeding as I sleep. So when I wake up, I wake up with spots with dried blood on the right side of my face. I hope this ends soon.

Day 17:

Face:

Good news. The right side of my face had only 2 spots with dried up blood today. Hopefully I won't wake up with blood tomorrow. This is the first time this kind of thing has happened on my face, and it does truly suck. Washing your pillows every day is annoying.

The left side of my face is pretty much smooth, and has 1 tiny pimple that started out as a nodule, but shrunk. On the far left there is a nodule with it's last 3 active pimples. It used to have 6-7 a few days ago, but it's dissappearing.

Back:

My back is pretty much oil free, and the last few active pimples are coming up.

Front:

Pretty much the same as my back. About 3 days ago, this nodule appeared and grew over the day to about 1cm. It's deep in my skin, so it's not reddening, and it's alreayd shrunk to about 1/2 it's size, and getting smaller by the day. I often have nodules that come and go like that for no appearant reason.

Overview:

I'm really glad that my left side of my face is clear, because I can see that I basically have no scars, except for a few ones, and maybe 1 or 2 shallow ones. This surprices me because my acne used to flare randomly and a lot. I heal unusually fast, and the red marks only stay on me for a maximum time of 3-4 weeks at a time. I'm buying Vitamin C tablets tomorrow or the day after and taking about 20000mg daily to increase the rate my skin cells grow. This will hopefully prevent any scaring.

Oh yeah, and my skin is flaking a lot.

Day 20:

Today I went to the store and bought Vitamin C tablets and Sea Salt. I had a 40 minute bath with really hot water, then I got out and had one 1000mg vitamin c tablet. I got out of the bath, and I noticed that the salt water really did exfoliate my body a bit, and that existing white heads disappeared. It's been just 10 minutes since I did all this, but my face is clearing day by day. I'm going to apply some Benzoyl Peroxide before i go to sleep. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, and I'll see what he has to say. I hope my acne disappears by a month or two, so my last year of school can be acne free, and hopefully so will my year book pictures. :)

My skin seems to basically be oil free throughout the day. I've gone two days without a shower, until earlier today, and my skin was oil free. I was so amazed.

Pictures:

Start (Day 01):

This is right when a huge number of pimples appeared under my skin, it was scary :doh:

IPB Image

IPB Image

2 Weeks In:

A few weeks in. The breakout got me. But it wasn't a real break out, just all the discusting little pimples I had. Including 3 major cysts all together. (I took the picture when I woke up, and that's dried up blood right there. Nasty nasty stuff.

IPB Image

IPB Image

30 minute Ago:

Out of the Sea Salt Bath, and after taking a Vitamin C tablet. The left side of my face is clearing fast, as is the right, but not as fast, as it still has a few pimples left. Hopefully the redness will go away fast.

2 days ago this big pimple appeared on my nose, and today some pus came out. The result, is me looking like Rudolph. My friend kept bugging me about it today :lol:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hey, things are starting to improve for you, it seems. This medication is quite strong, but you'll love the results once you reach the end of your course. How many milligrams are you taking? I'm currently approaching the 30th day of my 3rd month, and things are looking good. Well, keep up the good work. :cool::wavey:

Hey, things are starting to improve for you, it seems. This medication is quite strong, but you'll love the results once you reach the end of your course. How many milligrams are you taking? I'm currently approaching the 30th day of my 3rd month, and things are looking good. Well, keep up the good work. :cool::wavey:

I'm currently taking 40mg daily. Thanks for the encouragement :)

hey dude your acne looks like my acne haha, things are looking good! good luck with the rest of your treatment

I'm currently taking 40mg daily. Thanks for the encouragement :)

Oh, okay. Cool. I'm currently taking 40mg every day. I was taking 40mg for the first month. Then, my dermatologist decided to increase the dosage from 40mg every day to a 40mg/80mg alternation every other day. Well, I started experienced some side-effects -- bad headaches. I think 40mg is enough for me. Anyhow, I hope this stuff works for you. And before you know it, it will be over with in no-time. :cool:

Day 21:

Went to the doctor today. He gave me an other month of accutane, so currently I have enough accutane for 7 more weeks. Not bad. He said I'll be on accutane for around 4 months, so about 10 weeks left. My lips are getting dry, but my chapstick keeps my lips moist throughout the day and night. The doctor also was glad to see my face was getting dry, and it's pretty obvious, because that's whats supposed to be happening.

I took an other sea salt bath today, but I put the water a little too hot, so when i rinsed with cold water, I got very dizzy. It sucked. Anyways, the vitamin C seems to be working well, plus I'm drinking tons of water and Tropical juice which has a high amount of vitamin C and E, which will hopefully help me more. I'll put some Benzoyl Peroxide before I go to bed.

Oh and my face doesn't get greasy at all anymore. It's been what? 6-7 years sinse my face didn't get greasy so fast. And the remaining pimples I have on the right side of my face are getting smaller, and healing well. Thanks sea salt.

I find it so cute when little kids ask me what's up with my face, I usually tell them a bizzare story, but then I explain it what acne is. I used to be like that when I was young, asking my dad's friend why he didn't have one arm, so I don't get weirded out when little kids ask me.

Hello! And welcome. :) It seems as though accutane is already starting to do it's job for you.

I like taking hot baths and often end up a little dizzy. :shifty: I stay away form the sea salt and have resorted to dry skin relief body wash because of the dryness. It'll come to you soon enough I'm sure.

Hope all goes well!

Day 35:

The big pimple I've had on my nose, is getting smaller, but it still pusses out sometimes, which is yucky. Haven't had any big breakouts ever sinse the one I got from taking accutane. My cheeks are almost free from acne :). I have a few little pimples, but they will go away soon. I also have 1 cyst left! (I had 4-5 before) and it's just like the others, getting smaller day by day, instead of coming up all the way to the surface. I can still feel 2 ex-cysts but they are very tiny, and almost fully gone. My forehead also flarred when my cheeks did, but I didn't notice, sinse it was 1 big cyst. Now the cyst shrank, turned into 1 small pimple, with 3-4 others near it.

I'm still putting on Benzoyl Peroxide, and it works wonders. I can already tell that I'll just have a few (3-4) shallow scars, that will hopefully dissappear over time. Looking at my past pictures, I can tell that my skin did get VERY red, but it's facing slowly.

Also I got 3 new pimples near my bottom lip 2 days ago, but 2 of them went away, and the one on my pimple is almost gone, but it's bothering me.

Thanks for the responses so far. Ill post pictures soon.