Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question-

Does AHA contribute to dryness?

After upping my bp, I am facing extreme dryness and now as I am still dry days after, the horrendous breakout has come. I have reduced my bp amount to almost nothing, just some spot treating, however my entire face is still dry.

Maybe it takes a few days to go away? I am moisturizing extra since then =/

Any suggestions would be great :pray:

This breakout is continuing to get worse, so I figure the longer I'm this dry, the longer it will persist. :evil:

Ok I had this problem too. Get a AHA Moisturizer, preferably Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion with SPF 15.

In the meantime, moisturize before you apply BP. Yes BEFORE. Apply 2/3 of the amount you usually would, wait 10 mins, apply BP, wait 10 mins, re-moisturize by spot treating the still flaky areas or coat the 1/3 of it on your whole face.

Hope this helps.

I know what you mean. Right when you up the dosage, your face freaks out and tries to peel off. I HIGHLY recommend Curel Ultra Healing for anyone on the Regimen. Neutrogena and Oil of Olay moisturizers seemed to only make the dryness worse in the long run.

Oh, and AHA is acid. BP is harsh enough (especially if you're new to the Regimen) so I would recommend something a little more gentle in your moisturizer.

If i moisturize before and after, should I use one without aha first?

Currently, I have the oil-free neutrogena spf 15 moisturizer that I use in the morning as well as the healthy skin one for the evening.

Is it ok to mix them, as in use one before applying bp then use the second after?

If i moisturize before and after, should I use one without aha first?

Currently, I have the oil-free neutrogena spf 15 moisturizer that I use in the morning as well as the healthy skin one for the evening.

Is it ok to mix them, as in use one before applying bp then use the second after?

If you have a AHA moisturizer it should be strong enough just to use it after the BP, my suggestion was if you didnt have the AHA moisturize yet. But if your still dry do what I said.