Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest runnerB

can people tell the difference

Guest runnerB

right now i don't have any active acne, but i have a hell of a lot of red marks. when i look at my face i can tell that i don't have any acne simply because it looks smooth to me, but i'm thinking that a lot of people probably think that my face is still covered with acne. what do you guys think?

Red marks are all I have...except for a few active zits. The days that I have no active zits, people mention that my acne is bad and that I should do something about my pimples.

People are stupid and dont know the difference.

Red marks are all I have...except for a few active zits. The days that I have no active zits, people mention that my acne is bad and that I should do something about my pimples.

People are stupid and dont know the difference.

Your skin is still healing. It should clear up and at worst you will have indentations on your face. Then you can get laser or whatever you can afford to try to smooth it out.

:turtle:

well for one, you examine your own face a lot more than anyone else is ever going to, so you'll notice every last little flaw you have. i'd imagine most people see you and don't even think twice about it. but i'd also imagine that most people with clear skin really wouldnt know the difference between active acne and red marks.

No they can't..because they're stupid and ignorant!! Sorry, I'm just so frustrated. I was like you (I have a few zits here and there) but when I just had the red marks on my cheeks, I would have ppl comment on how bad it looks. This past week, I had 2 ppl recommend I use proactiv (mind u they DON'T have acne) and I got asked a few times if I'm eating a lot of chocolate :mad:

I wish it would go away as quickly as I get them :(

Well, at least with red marks they are flat while pimples bulge out. Since they are flat, you can cover them easily with concealer and then it looks like there's nothing there at all.

This past week, I had 2 ppl recommend I use proactiv (mind u they DON'T have acne) and I got asked a few times if I'm eating a lot of chocolate :mad:

ha! thats so dumb. i hate when people reccommend proactiv to me. its like they think i havent thought of that yet or something. they think they have all the answers. *sigh* oh, and the chocolate thing--JEEZ! was this person from the 50's cause we all know that chocolate doesnt equal acne in most people. i once had someone ask me if id tried a shower. lame. :wall:

when you still have pimples AND redmarks and i'm talkin a LOT, people easily mistake them for all pimples, especially if they don't have acne and don't know that acne doesn't just come and go... it leaves scars

Who cares what an overweight and self-conscious society believes is one thing rather than the other. Ignorance truly is bliss. Everyone has their own problems, and it makes them feel better about themselves to judge someone else. We all do it.

Who cares what an overweight and self-conscious society believes is one thing rather than the other. Ignorance truly is bliss. Everyone has their own problems, and it makes them feel better about themselves to judge someone else. We all do it.

True. Very true. That's why the world is becoming ugly.

In my opinion, I'd say some people think your redmarks are mosquito bites. Some stupid kid asked me if my red marks were bug bites or moles. WTF?

But concealer can cover red marks easily and make the spot look flawless.

right now i don't have any active acne, but i have a hell of a lot of red marks. when i look at my face i can tell that i don't have any acne simply because it looks smooth to me, but i'm thinking that a lot of people probably think that my face is still covered with acne. what do you guys think?

I think so because red marks aren't bumpy while acne is. I guess if there are a ton of red marks and scars then it looks more like acne, or at least obviously acne-related.

GOD! That really grinds my gears. A lot of people have mistaken my red marks for pimples. And they're not even that red and inflamed. People really don't know the difference. So we should all just give in and say our redmarks is acne. It's easier that away. YEAH I HAVE ACNE, WHAT?!

No they can't tell the difference. I don't think they care to know.

I was also told to use Proactive for my red marks. Of course I wasn't asking for advice either. Another time I had a stye in my eye and someone thought it was a pimple. All these things happened after my accutane course when I had zero breakouts. So no, they don't know the difference.

No they can't tell the difference if they haven't had acne themselves.

My fiance' had SEVERE acne, and sometimes even he mistakes my redmarks for zits, and I get so utterly pissed off when he does. Not sure why I do, I just do. I think it's because he only sees the red and not the flattness like I do. I use an up close mirror to put on my make up, so I can tell they are just red marks, I guess it's harder for others to tell.

I agree with Tap though, they are so much easier to conceal.

No they can't tell the difference if they haven't had acne themselves.

My fiance' had SEVERE acne, and sometimes even he mistakes my redmarks for zits, and I get so utterly pissed off when he does. Not sure why I do, I just do. I think it's because he only sees the red and not the flattness like I do. I use an up close mirror to put on my make up, so I can tell they are just red marks, I guess it's harder for others to tell.

I agree with Tap though, they are so much easier to conceal.

haha ok.

Well I can easily distinguish redmarks from acne. Even from a long distance. I've got eagle eyes then :P

acne and red marks are two differnt things but when ur skin doesnt look good it doesnt look good thats what people go on

acne and red marks are two differnt things but when ur skin doesnt look good it doesnt look good thats what people go on

yup. i've had only red marks for about 6 months now, and even my mom can't tell the difference. people are clueless.