Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SO i just posted a few ugly pics of myself and I started the regimen officially today. But my cheeks are like UBER red, a very shiny red, like a roseacia ( however you spell it) type of thing and it looks HORRIBLE. I had it before and the doctor said it was psoriasis (again, i can't spell for beans), so he gave me a BETADERM cream 0.5%. It contains steroids so i was only allowed to use it for a week before i had to discontinue it, I used it, it worked.... For that week. The redness came back and I tried it again, this time it made it look worse. I have also used Zincofax, for severe diaper rash, that was no good. To describe the feeling of my cheecks it's like dry and icthy, kinda irritated, and very scaly (especially when i used the Zincofax). Any ideas?

oh man, if you have psoriasis on your face, I don't think benzoyl peroxide is such a good idea. I really think you need to talk to your derm/doctor before you start the CSR.

SO i just posted a few ugly pics of myself and I started the regimen officially today. But my cheeks are like UBER red, a very shiny red, like a roseacia ( however you spell it) type of thing and it looks HORRIBLE. I had it before and the doctor said it was psoriasis (again, i can't spell for beans), so he gave me a BETADERM cream 0.5%. It contains steroids so i was only allowed to use it for a week before i had to discontinue it, I used it, it worked.... For that week. The redness came back and I tried it again, this time it made it look worse. I have also used Zincofax, for severe diaper rash, that was no good. To describe the feeling of my cheecks it's like dry and icthy, kinda irritated, and very scaly (especially when i used the Zincofax). Any ideas?

I had what I thought was psoriasis on my nose, rash like, very itchy and flakey. This condition persisted for quite some time and I was ready to go to the dermatologist, but instead, I found out on the internet that washing it with certain anti-dandruff shampoo may cure it, so I went out and bought some Selsun Blue, and some Neutrogena with coal tar, plus my usual Head & Shoulders, I washed the affected area once a day in the shower using a different product each day (I get a feeling the coal tar formulation along with the Selsun Blue were the two most effective). The problem gradually improved and cleared up in about a week. It may be worth a try if that is what it is?

Cool thanks, ill try that. And i don't apply the BP to the spots that are red just in case. I think thats what started the redness in the first place.