Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Begin

Spectrol Jel

So I've been on the regimen for almost a month now, and its hard to say if I improved or not. It's weird because, the right side of my face improved immensely (only 1 active spot and 1 fading spot but a bit of redness) but my left side is a complete warzone -which again is odd because it didn't use to be that bad. My chin and forhead are pretty much clear though so that's at least some good news.

OK so now that that's outta the way, I was wondering if I could get even better results by switching cleansers as I'm not sure Spectrol Jel Oilly Skin is the best cleanser out there, but since it's sold exclusively (I think) in Canada, I'm not sure how many people will be able to vouch for it.

Let me know :)

Thanks guys.

tried it, it was okay....definitely nothing to write home about. i found that spectrojel doesnt rinse off very well, causing me to have to rub my face, even though gently, more than i wanted to. i switched to neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser and i like it way more.

Spectro Jel was the worse cleanser I've ever used... I don't even want to call it a cleanser as I didn't feel it cleaned my skin properly at all. I gave it a chance for a couple of weeks, but then I had to switch back because my forehead was a mess... full of clogged raised-up pores and tiny whiteheads. Before I started using it my forehead looked pretty good. Now I'm back to my usual Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne wash, and it has cleared up a bit, but is not looking as good as before.

I think Spectro gel for oily skin was what caused me to breakout considerably. I noticed my breakouts about 6 weeks after i switched from the Cetaphil gentle cleanser... I was clear when i switched mosturizers due to hotter weather and increased oil levels.