Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mysteryagain

Will it last? TCA and miracle?

I am so afraid that this will be just a temporary thing, something that won't last... anyway... I've been having this amazing skin for the past 2+ days. I had had a series of TCA at 15% in scarred pores and my skin did not look too good... red, scabbed, and I felt discouraged. All of a sudden, I wake up with this skin that has no noticeable pores at all. Smooth. Not perfect but smooth and almost perfect. 3 days like this. I wake up every day and look at the mirror a bit scared, scared to see again the pores and everything. In these 3 days, no big pores in my cheeks, no signs of scars. To the point that someone who knows me made a comment on "wow, you have porcelain skin!" and I was like "what? me? it is just not possible! how can it be?". I don't know what is going on. Was it the accumulation of low-strenght TCA Cross treatments? I don't want to get my hopes up... but I would be soooooo happy if my skin texture remained like this forever! I don't understand. Is it a miracle? I doubt it... I am just as happy with the skin I see as scared to death to be disappointed again any time soon, that I will wake up and my pores will be noticeable again, that my skin won't be all smooth, that this "porcelain" will go back to that NOT porcelain skin!

Have you ever felt just as hopeful and happy as scared? that's how I feel?

Can I just exhale, in relief, because my quest for good skin is over?

Or will I see this wonderful skin go away and will cry again?

Aghhhhhhhhhh

The bad about a good thing is that when it does not last, you later feel miserable. I hope I won't see this skin go away... please God do not let my skin go back to how it used to be!

If not... I will chant and praise low-strenght TCA Cross!

I am so afraid that this will be just a temporary thing, something that won't last... anyway... I've been having this amazing skin for the past 2+ days. I had had a series of TCA at 15% in scarred pores and my skin did not look too good... red, scabbed, and I felt discouraged. All of a sudden, I wake up with this skin that has no noticeable pores at all. Smooth. Not perfect but smooth and almost perfect. 3 days like this. I wake up every day and look at the mirror a bit scared, scared to see again the pores and everything. In these 3 days, no big pores in my cheeks, no signs of scars. To the point that someone who knows me made a comment on "wow, you have porcelain skin!" and I was like "what? me? it is just not possible! how can it be?". I don't know what is going on. Was it the accumulation of low-strenght TCA Cross treatments? I don't want to get my hopes up... but I would be soooooo happy if my skin texture remained like this forever! I don't understand. Is it a miracle? I doubt it... I am just as happy with the skin I see as scared to death to be disappointed again any time soon, that I will wake up and my pores will be noticeable again, that my skin won't be all smooth, that this "porcelain" will go back to that NOT porcelain skin!

Have you ever felt just as hopeful and happy as scared? that's how I feel?

Can I just exhale, in relief, because my quest for good skin is over?

Or will I see this wonderful skin go away and will cry again?

Aghhhhhhhhhh

The bad about a good thing is that when it does not last, you later feel miserable. I hope I won't see this skin go away... please God do not let my skin go back to how it used to be!

If not... I will chant and praise low-strenght TCA Cross!

How many treatmens did you do? How far apart, did you do these treatments yourself? Last of all how far apart did you do them.?

Thanks........

Jodie... you don't really need to quote the person above you when your the first one to reply...

Mysteryagain... where did you buy your products? did you have a dermatology perform the operation on you or did you do it yourself? I have some scared acne on my cheeks that almost look like scared pores... maybe what you did could help my scars.

>How many treatmens did you do? How far apart, did you do these treatments yourself? Last of all how far apart did you do them.?

Thanks........

I don't know exactly (didn't keep a journal) but I did about 10, it really depends, because some areas of scarred pores were worse than others, and I treated those areas more times. I would not do the same spot until the area was completely healed and "calm" for a good time after the treatment, but the treatments were not all that spaced because I would just do a few spots at a time, and not too close together, then once those were healed, I would do others, then wait for those to heal, until I started all over with the first ones I had treated, then with the next ones, etc. etc.

I used a low strenght TCA that didn't require major precaution measures. It was because the percentage was not high that I could do it myself. I would not have done it myself or done it at all with anyone with higher percentages of TCA. I never got seriously burned, just used gloves, the wooden stick and use it on the small spot, it would get white, next day it would get slowly darker and darker, a mini scab would form, and it would fall off on itself.

Once again, I can't tell if this will last. But almost an entire day has gone by and I still have my skin looking great. I don't dare to keep my hopes up but pray that things won't change!

Jodie, I live in South America, so I don't think you can buy the stuff from where I bought it, but I can tell you the type of store: one of those major drugstores/laboratories that in turn sell solutions of different substances to pharmacies and drugstores. I looked for one of those laboratories that are the most known or "serious" (I looked for where the docs in the hospital where I work buy products), I bought it there, asked them to prepare for me a solution of 20%, then I diluted it myself with distilled water to 15% (my sister helped me with diluting it because she is a chemist, but you can anyway just ask for the % you want).

I performed it on myself, although very carefully (using gloves, making sure to not have the stick dripping acid in surrounding tissue, etc.) and above all, I treated one spot or almost in an area at a time. Not many together, as to lessen the chance of messing up and burning myself. The area would get white but no one would notice anything the next day, at most, a small spot with skin that got darker (brownish) until it peeled off and then left a rosy new skin. But once again, it's because what I treated small pores, those that were pores that after some time would remain "open" or look as scars.

Good luck... I hope my results last, because if they last, then it can work for you or anyone here as well.

Mystery, why wouldn't it last? I actually read on another board a post by a girl who did a continuous low TCA on a scar (I think it was 18 or 20%) and it filled in. If I remember correctly, she did is once a week. I assume it also makes a difference what you put on the scar in between the crosses.

If you did it ten times and you're only now seeing the improvement, it should be permanent. Improvement attributable to swelling alone would be seen after only one treatment. If it took this long to build up, it should last.

Mystery,

Even if some new pores become enlarged, or a few of the ones you treated "split" again, just treat them again.

You are one lucky gal, I sure hope I get some results, I will keep at it! And hope I look good too!

Retin A wont work for that.

Personaly it just rejuvinates the good skin.

I may worry it may peel for you making scars deeper. (Just a thought).

Use TCA to "cross". Just use a light solution to begin with, like 15% to start.

For practice, I have shallow scars and shallow icepick, and some enlarged pores.

I can hide it all, but don't have the hour, anymor to take for perfect makeup application.

(am a beautiful gal, but some icepick and large pores, and small rolling, bother me.

With my artisic hand I can makemyself almost flawless, but who wishes to spen over an hour on it.

So I am trying cross, after one app, things already seem to be "re-modeling".

It must frost, and that means it is working.

This may not (Ido not know) get you results, as I am using a stonger acid.

99%,

But it does not hurt to practice with a lower concentration, as I messed up the first go, but is healing fine.

My scabs like fell off afeter a week and now are scabbing again!!!

Do not wish them away too soon. Leave the scabs on for as long as possible, as they do much healing under there! Then if the re-scab-great, it will build more "good" tissue.

Good double the healing, and leave then on from my experience, for as long as they will stay!

Leave the scabs, but eash with a mild cleanser. DO NOT RUB THE SCABS!

Just let them heal, and reheal, if they form again..

I am seeing some improvment, after tx. 1, and it takes 6-10, and I hear leave them a month apart to not destroy the new colllegen formation.

This is just a suggestion afer all I have read, not a recommendation.

I am no dermatoligist, but am seeing some remodeling after one week!

Who know's?

Can't hurt to try.........as nothing else has worked and I see something happening!

Wish you well,

Wish me back on my little adventure..........

I will post my reports.

It is a drag their a month apart, and then wait, for healing.

Most wish a quick "wipe away" my scars method, but there is none.

I will post results if you wish but they will be a few weeks apart, as I need to heal to respond properly.

Those who miss my post and are interested, I will leave the post on my "name - JodieM". Or you are free to contact mt directly.

I have tried everything out there, now it is up to me!

I have like wasted 10K..........

Every treatment made it a bit better, but not to my standards of $ spent.

Kept trying wasted alot of money!

I do look great after alot of this, but there are still some scars that really bother me.

They are just like in the wrong place!

any one wishes to add thrie experience I would love it!

Good luck honey, with ever you decide to do!

Keep me posted. K?