Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MXracer

Thinking of quitting Retin-A

I started Retin-A along with Benzaclin and Minocycline around the beginning of July. By now the Minocycline has run out but i've kept up on everything else religiously. I only missed one day this month, that's it. I went from having pretty mild acne to now having moderate to severe acne, some of the worst i've ever seen. Red bumps all over my face and 5+ new whiteheads a day. Retin-A has literally destroyed my face, it can;t be the benzaclin because i've been on that for almost a year. I'm supposed to be getting better, not worse. I would peg my facr at roughly 5-10x worse than it's ever been before right now, so i'm about ready to say **** Retin-A :rolleyes:

I started Retin-A along with Benzaclin and Minocycline around the beginning of July. By now the Minocycline has run out but i've kept up on everything else religiously. I only missed one day this month, that's it. I went from having pretty mild acne to now having moderate to severe acne, some of the worst i've ever seen. Red bumps all over my face and 5+ new whiteheads a day. Retin-A has literally destroyed my face, it can;t be the benzaclin because i've been on that for almost a year. I'm supposed to be getting better, not worse. I would peg my facr at roughly 5-10x worse than it's ever been before right now, so i'm about ready to say **** Retin-A :rolleyes:

This is called an "initial breakout." It's expected on a topical retinoid like Retin-A. Stick with it for a few more weeks. It can take up to 7 or 8 weeks before you see improvement.

Don't quit, you are experiencing the Initial Breakout just like I did, my face got a lot worse too and thought about quitting .. but thankfully I didn't, now I'm over two months using this and my face is clearing up, it also helps a lot with redmarks

Don't quit, you are experiencing the Initial Breakout just like I did, my face got a lot worse too and thought about quitting .. but thankfully I didn't, now I'm over two months using this and my face is clearing up, it also helps a lot with redmarks

I thought I hit the initial breakotu a few weeks ago though because my face broke out pretty bad, and hten it slowly cleared. Now it broke out even worse and is very slowly clearing. How many more of these intense breakout cycles should I expect? And I thought the IB was within the first two weeks, not nearly a month :mad:

How are you using it? Are you using the Retin-A at night and Benzaclin during the day or are you using them at the same time?

I thought I hit the initial breakotu a few weeks ago though because my face broke out pretty bad, and hten it slowly cleared. Now it broke out even worse and is very slowly clearing. How many more of these intense breakout cycles should I expect? And I thought the IB was within the first two weeks, not nearly a month :mad:

the initial breakout can last for almost 2 months or more, or you could be breaking out because you quit using Mino. Sometimes antibiotics can lessen or eliminate the IB, I really didn't experievce an IB from Retin A, I think it's because of the antibiotics.

I use the Retin-A at night, and Benzaclin during the morning-day. I'm supposed to be doing one month on one month off with the minocycline to prevent my body from becoming immune to it, does that sound like a goodplan. It was my doctor's idea, but he's not a dermatologist.

My initial breakout was on week 4th-5th