Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dustino

Foundation and Accutane

Been on accutane for about 2 months now, I havent been using any makeup the whole time, and my acne is gone , asside from the MANY red marks. So, I want to start wearing some foundation again in order to cover them up, but im worried that it will possibly break me out. The makeup I'm using never did break me out before, from what I could tell, but while im on accutane and doing it im scared that my skin will break out, because it is weaker. Also, because my skin is so dry, im afraid that the foundation will dry up also after being on my skin for a while, and look real bad.

Anyone have any thoughts about this, or that are on Tane and using foundation also? Thanks :D

Been on accutane for about 2 months now, I havent been using any makeup the whole time, and my acne is gone , asside from the MANY red marks. So, I want to start wearing some foundation again in order to cover them up, but im worried that it will possibly break me out. The makeup I'm using never did break me out before, from what I could tell, but while im on accutane and doing it im scared that my skin will break out, because it is weaker. Also, because my skin is so dry, im afraid that the foundation will dry up also after being on my skin for a while, and look real bad.

Anyone have any thoughts about this, or that are on Tane and using foundation also? Thanks :D

I used foundation throughout my whole course. If you apply moisturizer before the foundation, it will make your face much more natural looking and it wont cake up or dry out on you. I used almay skin stays clean foundation, now im using bobbi brown oil free foundation. If you are still worried about it, and want to ease into foundation....you might want to consider wearing a tinted moisturizer instead....I've heard raves about Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer. Go to the department store and ask for a sample.