Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrRandom

The importance of Probiotics?

Let me preface this by saying I am an idiot... ok well maybe not an idiot but I blindly took antibiotics prescribed by my derm for almost 4 years. They kept my acne at bay, slightly, but throughout this time I didnt look into what I was possibly doing to myself in the longrun. I mean my derm told me there would be no long term effects, but I should have known better to be honest.

Now, I ask this. After changing my diet and getting off antibiotics, I am wondering the importance of probiotics. I only ask this because my healthfood store sells them for like $60. If there were as cheap as normal supplements I'd add them in right away. But lets say I dont get probiotics. Will the "good bacteria" in my system come back eventually on its own? I have been off antibiotics for a good three weeks now, and dont plan on ever going back on. Also, is there anything other than probiotics supplements, such as natural foods, that have the same effect?

Finally, if not, then where might be a cheaper place to get these? $60 is alot of money especially since i need to start saving more for when I head back to school. (and im takin b5, which is also costly).

Thank you very much for any info.

Oh, and is it possible that getting this good bacteria back in my system might help clear me up more too? Thanks again.

Acidophilus is pretty cheap and you can get it at any drugstore, though it's not one of the "stronger" probiotics. Probiotics in smaller quantities are naturally found in yogurt, too. Your system will probably eventually return to normal naturally through your diet changes, but probiotics may certainly speed up the process.

what do probiotics do exactly? should i be taking them while i'm still on antibiotics or will they just cancel the antibiotics out? Also is it dangerous to take antibiotics for a long period of time? i've been on various antibiotics for about 6 months.

what do probotics do exactly? should i be taking them while i'm still on antibiotics or will they just cancel the antibiotics out? Also is it dangerous to take antibiotics for a long period of time? i've been on various antibiotics for about 6 months.

Probiotics are simply cultures of beneficial bacteria that make their way to your digestive tract and help you digest food properly. Probiotics do not interfere with the effectiveness of antibiotics, though antibiotics will probably limit the effectiveness of probiotics. In fact, it's a good idea to take them while on antibiotics to counter the effects of the antibiotics on the beneficial bacteria already in your digestive tract.

Antibiotics themselves are only dangerous if you develop an allergy or the bacteria they are targeting develop a resistance, which can happen with long-term use. Long-term use of antibiotcs can present other problems. In my opinion, antibiotics are life-saving and absolutely necessary under the right circumstances, but long-term use can contribute to the development of antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria, which means they're less likely to be effective when you really need them.

You can get Kefir for about five pound a sachet, i made about 20-25 litres of kefir with one sachet, each cup contains billions of probiotics, much more than in a capsule, they're also alive which is alot better and there are typically more strains, and better strains than you find in the capsules.

You can get Kefir for about five pound a sachet, i made about 20-25 litres of kefir with one sachet, each cup contains billions of probiotics, much more than in a capsule, they're also alive which is alot better and there are typically more strains, and better strains than you find in the capsules.

Where do you get this?

Where do you get this?

GB: http://www.synergy-health.co.uk/supplement...ulture_kit.html

Where do you get this?

Thanks for that mate just ordered 1 sachet to try.

Whats it taste like?

Hey, I really hope that the antibiotics don't cause you long-term problems but if I had to guess, I think your system is probably all out of wack. You can try all those supplements and maybe something will work. But about 3 years ago, I was sitting in your seat saying screw antibiotics, i'm never touching them again, and have fought an uphill battle with acne ever since. But I will save you some time, and hopefully you take my advice seriously.

I would say there is a 98% chance that you have gut problems "leaky gut", and will experience digestion problems in the coming months. This could be candida overgrowth or just not having the right bacteria balance in your stomach. To return it back to normal it is going to take time and natural healing. So here is what I did and let me tell you it saved my career, my girlfriend, and life cause I really am one of those people that if I have a face full of zits, I just shut down and say "screw everything."

First off I have bought into all those holistic health preachers and now do liver flushes every 3-4 weeks, and have found that helps detoxing because the antibiotics I took for such a long time really messed my liver up. I also do whatever and I mean whatever it takes to to have a BM 1-2 times a day, and found that to be extremely helpful in avioding cysts.

Next, I take no supplements whatsoever. I believe that whatever nutrients my body needs can be found in food, and in the case of vit. D sunlight. I have come to terms with myself that healing from antibiotics takes time and more effort than I can deal with sometimes, but I always stay strong and tell myself continually that it will build character.

Next, and this is the killer, but the number 1 most effective thing that I have ever done in my life to rid myself of acne 100%. It is so difficult to follow, and takes a long time to perfect. I follow the wai-diet 100%. You can read all about it at www.waisays.com but I am telling you if you follow the sample diet to the dime, you will be free of acne in in 3 weeks. Don't mark my words completely because sometime in rare situations peoples bodies act differently, but it helped my more than I can explain in words. I don't eat the brazil nuts but I eat everything else and follow all the rules.

I'm not saying that your situation is going to be like mine, but honestly, I found that nothing worked because the antibiotics just destroyed my gut to badly for me to eat whatever I wanted. I hope that you find something that can just fix you right back up, and you can have a clear complexion, but I doubt it will happen because those pills that you took for that long are serious shit. Wish you the best of luck, because i've been there and it is a long confusing journey. Send me a message if you have any questions.

Hey, I really hope that the antibiotics don't cause you long-term problems but if I had to guess, I think your system is probably all out of wack. You can try all those supplements and maybe something will work. But about 3 years ago, I was sitting in your seat saying screw antibiotics, i'm never touching them again, and have fought an uphill battle with acne ever since. But I will save you some time, and hopefully you take my advice seriously.

I would say there is a 98% chance that you have gut problems "leaky gut", and will experience digestion problems in the coming months. This could be candida overgrowth or just not having the right bacteria balance in your stomach. To return it back to normal it is going to take time and natural healing. So here is what I did and let me tell you it saved my career, my girlfriend, and life cause I really am one of those people that if I have a face full of zits, I just shut down and say "screw everything."

First off I have bought into all those holistic health preachers and now do liver flushes every 3-4 weeks, and have found that helps detoxing because the antibiotics I took for such a long time really messed my liver up. I also do whatever and I mean whatever it takes to to have a BM 1-2 times a day, and found that to be extremely helpful in avioding cysts.

Next, I take no supplements whatsoever. I believe that whatever nutrients my body needs can be found in food, and in the case of vit. D sunlight. I have come to terms with myself that healing from antibiotics takes time and more effort than I can deal with sometimes, but I always stay strong and tell myself continually that it will build character.

Next, and this is the killer, but the number 1 most effective thing that I have ever done in my life to rid myself of acne 100%. It is so difficult to follow, and takes a long time to perfect. I follow the wai-diet 100%. You can read all about it at www.waisays.com but I am telling you if you follow the sample diet to the dime, you will be free of acne in in 3 weeks. Don't mark my words completely because sometime in rare situations peoples bodies act differently, but it helped my more than I can explain in words. I don't eat the brazil nuts but I eat everything else and follow all the rules.

I'm not saying that your situation is going to be like mine, but honestly, I found that nothing worked because the antibiotics just destroyed my gut to badly for me to eat whatever I wanted. I hope that you find something that can just fix you right back up, and you can have a clear complexion, but I doubt it will happen because those pills that you took for that long are serious shit. Wish you the best of luck, because i've been there and it is a long confusing journey. Send me a message if you have any questions.

Wow, thank you very much for that. What you said just there I completely agree with. Your right, I do have digestive problems. I have changed my diet significantly and am very strict about what I eat now, and that has helped me immensly, but i have never heard of this wai diet, and so I will look into it. Im sure its very hard like you said, but I think I can do it, as I have been very strict about such things in the past.

Again, thank you very much for the info and good words. I might message you sometime if i remember to let you knw how im doing with it.

Where do you get this?

Thanks for that mate just ordered 1 sachet to try.

Whats it taste like?

Sorry for the long reply i missed your post. Erm it tastes like tarty milk (im sure ive heard of her) not the nicest thing in the world but i dont mind it, the best way to drink it, is in a smoothie, just add anything particularily a banana then it tastes real nice, sometimes its fizzy which is odd in yoghurt but its okay.

Two things you should know, when your done making the first one, remember to make the second one straight away otherwise you may end up using up all your culture by mistake. 2) the instructions say you should only transfer the culture 7 times but i carried on 20-25 times (1 litre each time) and it made no difference, i think they say seven so you'll buy some more, more often.

oh, and its best to use some organic full fat milk.

Ok probiotics are small little 'goodies' that live in the gut fighting the 'badies' all day...infact these are your 1st line of defence for the body!!!

Antibiotics kill both the good and bad regardless. So well done getting of them, a shame that ill educated people are given a role in society tho.

So now ur left with a wide open gut with no good bacteria fighting for you...u need to get some in over else! If u cant get a high quality supplement the ensures they get into the gut then ur wasting money! there is one I use but im not gona plug it. So how else can u get them in there without the stomach acids killing them and then the bad bacteria killing them in the war?

A few cheap ways are ORGANIC FOOD!!!!! yes because organic food is left to grow in nutrient filled soil it picks up good bacteria while growing. These are very potent strains of good bacteria which u need.

Dont buy the crap which says 'Good bacteria add' etc, culture milk with Kefir grains and u have ur own good bacteria making factory which costs next to nothing to keep running and gives a bunch of good stans of bacteria to help. Also the fact u know all of them are ALIVE u are killing 2 birds with one stone.

How about this ?'

Vitamin Shoppe

Ultimate '10' Probiotic 13$ 100 capsule

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/brow....jsp?id=VS-2164

Not that good tbh...remember when buying its not always how many it has like, 900 billion wont make it the best. It having a thing called FOS added is usful...but it mainly needs acidophilus, n lots of bifido bacteria like bifidum, a larger range of them might be better then only a few....but if its cheap and u try it and it dosnt seem to work then move on. I use primal defence if u looking at what u sud be wanting...this by far the best ive used, it does not need to be kept cool like many need to be - they are alive which is handy lol and can work in any bowel pH which is great if ur starting out with a very acid gut. (the pH of the gut needs to be slightly acidic for the right balance of good and bad bacteria)