Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
proactivhelp

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion

I'm gonna get it for the regimen but is it ok if I only get the day version or should I get the night version as well? If both, its gonna be costly. :cry:

I think i'm gonna go with the non-spf(night) version. Maybe the sensitive skin, since i'm only two weeks into the regimen.

The only thing is, if you use it in the day without the spf, your putting on an AHA and bp without sun protection. Each by themselves recommends some form of sun protection so both together would be like a double dose. If it's sunny where you are, be careful.

Vaseline Intensive Care .. for Complexion is probobly better then the Neutrogena i have yet to use that one but .. it only costs like $3.59 for a big bottle and does the same thing as the neutrogena andits alot less expensive. I use Vaseline Intensive Care as a moisturizer so far best moisturizer i have ever used not greasy at all and soo cheap. www.cvs.com sells it.

The only thing is, if you use it in the day without the spf, your putting on an AHA and bp without sun protection. Each by themselves recommends some form of sun protection so both together would be like a double dose. If it's sunny where you are, be careful.

good point!

thanks for the reminde Tap.

BP and AHA's both make your skin more sun sensitive, so do take proper precautions.

good choice! ^

Let us know how it works for you.

Remember to start out using it only once a day for the first week. It can be very strong and some sensitive skin might not like it twice a day in the beginning.

I'm gonna get it for the regimen but is it ok if I only get the day version or should I get the night version as well? If both, its gonna be costly. :cry:

I bought the day version with sunblock. That's the only one the drugstore carried, so I had no clue that there was a night version. Do the packages look the same?* Is it weird to put on lotion with SPF 15 at night?

* Okay, I looked it up online. The night formula is a cream instead of a lotion, and comes in a jar instead of a bottle. Also, you only get 1.7 oz. instead 4 oz. Would you really use 1/2 as much cream as you would lotion, or it this night treatment twice as expensive... :think:

* Okay, I looked it up online. The night formula is a cream instead of a lotion, and comes in a jar instead of a bottle. Also, you only get 1.7 oz. instead 4 oz. Would you really use 1/2 as much cream as you would lotion, or it this night treatment twice as expensive... :think:

You may have the wrong item. They have an anti-wrinkle cream which is not the same.

Below is the link for the spf version:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...GFI-0-RVP-10784

Below is the link for the night version:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

The night version is slightly cheaper due to no spf but both are the same size bottle. I have tried both and both work the same. I first started with the spf version and used it during the day, but I noticed my face was a little redder than usual. BP and aha together may cause more redness than usual for some people.

I've switched to using it just at night so that during the day my face doesn't look as red. Either way, both are good. I've been using it for about 3 weeks straight, once a day, and my marks are fading nicely while my skin tone is more even. :D

You may have the wrong item...

:redface: Oops. I got confused. :confused: I'm investigating too many new products at once. I recently picked up both the Neutrogena Healthy Skin w/ SPF 15 and also Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer w/ SPF 15. I was thinking of the Aveeno product with comes in a lotion and also a jar of cream.

It would be easier if I could just walk into the store & pick up the top-rated Eucerin (which is so hard to find now.)