Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rupert

Evolence - longer lasting collagen injections

Evolence is a collagen short term filler. You will find that most old timers with acne scars will say that the one thing which filled the valleys was the ol' cow collagen injections. But number of disadvantages with the cow collagen injections e.g. zyplast.

1) Allergy. You also need an allergy test beforehand.

2) very short term, a matter of weeks before you need a top up.

3) very expensive if you keep needing top ups. Just not practical, even if you are filthy rich.

Now how about Evolence? It is also a collagen filler but from pigs. But its been made in a different way. Not getting scientific but its constructed so that it does not get absorbed as quick and also binds with human collagen much beter. In fact they are claiming, it lasts 12 months.

Advantages of Evolence

1) Its collagen, not this hyaluronic acid rubbish

2) This modifeid collagen bonds with your own collagen way better than the cow collagen, meaning you don't need an allegy test.

3) It lasts a lot longer

4) Its not cheap, i think Chris Inglefield charges £450. BUT - if this is only needed to be done evey year, you could get instant results and it be affordable.

HOWEVER, this is your part of the thread. As people will know, I am cautious about trying anything. And so far, I am basing what I have said purely on what EVOLENCE and magazines say. This is not good enough. In fact a search on Evolence here at org draws zero results. :(

So questions

1) why do I not hear of this being used by us sufferers as a scar treatment (even though it is earmarked for scarring) ?

2) has anybody tried it?

3) does anybody know of any problems with it?

4) Is it effective at filling?

At this moment, I'm wondering about, subcision with Chewy, week later evolence with Chris Inglefield.

views anyone?

I will be emailing some of the people who use it to get their take. Will post back when I get some info.

BUMP.

I'm interested in Evolence. I got restylane through Transform here in the UK and I know that the results will only last around 3 or 4 months. As it was my first time getting a filler, the practitioner told me that it would be better to get a longer lasting filler the next time and suggested Evolence. I am definitely interested in Evolence but there seems to be very little feedback from people have had it done. Apparently, results last for around 12 months too and that is very encouraging.

Just wondering if anyone else has had Evolence?

I have spoken to a few people who have had it for lips/frown lines and are very pleased with it. As ever, we are the guinea pigs. From what I've read you can't go too far wrong. But I seriously doubt it will last 12 months. Six months possibly. But again, haven't heard from anyone how long it lasts as they have it done recently. :D

I have spoken to a few people who have had it for lips/frown lines and are very pleased with it. As ever, we are the guinea pigs. From what I've read you can't go too far wrong. But I seriously doubt it will last 12 months. Six months possibly. But again, haven't heard from anyone how long it lasts as they have it done recently. :D

I think I'll go for Evolence around xmas time when 4 months will have elapsed since my restylane injections.

If it lasts a fair bit longer than Restylane then I'm definitely gonna go for it.

That's great and all that their claiming it's a long lasting filler but in general I think they tell people that fillers tend to last alot longer than they actually do. Restylne lasted about 4mo. for me. and my derm told it would last anywhere from about 6mo- 1yr. B.S.! That was o.k. w/ me though b/c I hated Restylne oh not to forget my scar was over injected so you'd think it would've taken longer for it to b absorbed by my body.

That's great and all that their claiming it's a long lasting filler but in general I think they tell people that fillers tend to last alot longer than they actually do. Restylne lasted about 4mo. for me. and my derm told it would last anywhere from about 6mo- 1yr. B.S.! That was o.k. w/ me though b/c I hated Restylne oh not to forget my scar was over injected so you'd think it would've taken longer for it to b absorbed by my body.

why did you hate restylane? :think:

Not many clinics/practitioners in the UK offer Evolence. Transform do. They charge around £500 per syringe tho but maintain results should last a year or so.

They charge £370 for a syringe of Restylane which lasts much less... :think:

hmm.

I've heard of pig collagen being used before around 1997. I think it was used more in the past here in the U.S., but it was called "fibrel" or fibril." I don't see animal-based fillers making a comeback anytime soon. I'm stickin' with Perlane/Restylane.

Also, if you have rolling scars, subcision is a MUST. Regardless of what else you do, you HAVE TO do subcision first (with filler) or at least do subcision alone, even if it is only once.

I've heard of pig collagen being used before around 1997. I think it was used more in the past here in the U.S., but it was called "fibrel" or fibril." I don't see animal-based fillers making a comeback anytime soon. I'm stickin' with Perlane/Restylane.

Also, if you have rolling scars, subcision is a MUST. Regardless of what else you do, you HAVE TO do subcision first (with filler) or at least do subcision alone, even if it is only once.

well i looked at fibrel on the yestheyrefake.net site. Don't think it is used anymore. The site says that the injections were very painful and you have to have weird stuff like your own blood drawn and your serum mixed with the fibrel. Sounds pretty awful. :think:

I don't think evolence is like that at all.

so you do perlane and restylane. You getting good results with that?

I'm with you on the subcision beforehand. Definitely. :D