Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mdr8

What should I use to keep my pores clear post tane?

Just finished Accutane and it seemed that my big cause for acne was tons of clogged pores allllllll over my face. My skin is clear now and I want to keep my pores clear. I don't use ANY comedogenic products anymore, not even shaving cream. I know topical retinoids keep pores clear but that seems like it will just irritate my skin if i was to put that all over my clear face. Any ideas on what I should do to keep my pores unclogged??

I would start a retinoid. just start using the lowest possible concentration and apply it every other night to minimize irritation. your skin will get used to it after a few weeks and the irritation should go away. BTW how can you not use shaving cream? doesn't dry shaving really irritate your skin?

I would start a retinoid. just start using the lowest possible concentration and apply it every other night to minimize irritation. your skin will get used to it after a few weeks and the irritation should go away. BTW how can you not use shaving cream? doesn't dry shaving really irritate your skin?

maybe he uses electric shavor. I dont use cream either.

I meant that I don't use a comedogenic shaving cream. I use neutrogena non-comedogenic shaving cream. Yes it would hurt me to shave without cream haha.

I'm using the lowest strength Green Cream (and over the counter topical retinol) for this purpose. If you build up your usage slowly it is quite mild. I'm very pleased with it so far.

When i started i used it every third or fourth day and now i'm up to every other day. If you get any redness or irritation you should wait a day or two or however long it takes until that goes away before using it again - slowly get your skin used to it.

I don't use ANYTHING cept warm water on my face no after shave cream or anything either but I do use an electric to........yah It doesn't shave as close but all those shaving creams broke me no matter if it said non comegenic

and I just tried a face wash with glycolic acid the other week and now my skin is trying to repair it self or something so it's shedding ironically around where I put it

So im not using anything anymore unless it's necessary