Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been taking Doxy 100mg a day for two months now. It has had no effect whatsoever. If anything, my acne has probably gotten worse. I just started Yasmin last week, but I've heard the doxy will absorb the hormones.

My question is:

By taking both the doxy and birth control, will it absorb it all and have it be as if I'm not on it at all?

I know doxy affects your protection, but I'm not taking Yasmin to prevent pregnancy...actually to regulate my period and prevent passing out.

Antibiotics limit some of the pregnancy-preventing power of birth control, but it shouldn't interfere enough to make the Yasmin for acne and period-regulation worthless. I did both for a couple years... I don't do the antibiotics anymore because I started getting recurring yeast infections, but it just means renders the birth control aspects of the Yasmin ineffective, not the hormone-balancing effects.

Antibiotics limit some of the pregnancy-preventing power of birth control, but it shouldn't interfere enough to make the Yasmin for acne and period-regulation worthless. I did both for a couple years... I don't do the antibiotics anymore because I started getting recurring yeast infections, but it just means renders the birth control aspects of the Yasmin ineffective, not the hormone-balancing effects.

Thanks so much!