Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

First, I am sorry if my English is not totally correct, but I am still learning. I moved in NY 1 year ago.

I have been on the regiment for 2 weeks, and my back and chest are really clear [thank you BP!!!].

I still have problems with my face, some big, red bump here and there. As soon as one ills, another one appears. Will I see the end of this? Who does not have acne cannot understand. "So you have a pimple... It is just a pimple... What's the problem?" This is what they answer each time I complain.

Anyway, I wrote this post for another reason [than complaining, but if you are reading this web site, you can understand].

I am going out in a few hours to buy some kind of product to help the red marks on my face to fade. I am using Neutrogena for sensitive skin, but it is not helping. I know, the effect cannot be immediate, but I really want to get rid of this red spots. They last on my face for 4-6 weeks. I would not complain about one pimple here and there, if I did not have red marks left from the old ones.

I am so confused about all those acids out there: lactic, salicylic, glycolic, azelic... and I am sure there are 10 more...

Could someone explain me the difference?

I have sensitive, light skin. At the beginning my face burned after applying BP, but now I have no problems, perfectly adapted.

I hope someone can help me, I am sick to wear tons of concealer, and wake up every morning hoping that there is not another pimple on my face that will leave an horrible, big, red spot!!!

Thank you,

Maria :think:

im sure your moisturiser contains AHA's in which are Alpha Hydroxy acids

these are supposed to help your redmarks fade faster

other than that there isnt really much i can suggest other than purchasing a stronger AHA lotion and leaving it on the spots overnight to help them fade.

hope that helps

im sure your moisturiser contains AHA's in which are Alpha Hydroxy acids

these are supposed to help your redmarks fade faster

other than that there isnt really much i can suggest other than purchasing a stronger AHA lotion and leaving it on the spots overnight to help them fade.

hope that helps

Coud you suggest a good aha lotion?

I have no idea. What should I buy?

Maria

Check out www.paulaschoice.com. I used her products and dan's products. Both are great (dan's are cheaper). She has both alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy acid at the correct ph's to be effective. Also her site has a ton of good information. The sad truth of it is red marks take awhile to fad, longer than most would like, but the good news is eventually they will fade. Just keep doing whats working to prevent new marks.

Oh and welcome to the best city in the world , hope you enjoy it here.

Look for Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. It comes in spf version, night version, and sensitive skin version. It has glycolic acid in it and should help even out the skin tone and red marks. The sensitive skin version has less glycolic acid than the other versions, btw.