Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joker

Acne Cure Issues - Please Help!

Hey there,

I've been doing the Acne Cure regimen for 9 days now. I've tried to follow it to the letter. The first few days, my face started clearing nicely and my skin texture started to improve. I was thrilled. Then, around the one week mark, things went downhill. Every day, I've gotten one or more bad pimples. My face now looks worse than ever! Has anyone had the same problems?

I'm using Oxy deep pore facial cleanser (2% Salicylic)

Neostrata 8% glycolic

Oxy 5% bp

Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer w/spf 15

And my ice pack is a big bag of frozen peas.

Thanks for your help

Yeah, I can definitely relate to your situation. In fact, I've made a few posts regarding the exact same issue of the Acne Cure causing me more breakouts than it did reduce them.

Everyone was telling me that it was a natural part of the process, and that everything that was clogging your pores was being drawn out to the surface, which accounts for your breaking out.

Let me tell you my story before I go any further. Prior to going on the acne cure, my acne was extremely mild, yet I wanted to try something that claimed to put an end to my acne for good. Low and behold, today is my 12th day on the Cure, and ever since the first day I'm still waking up everyday with new pimples. In fact, my face is now worse than it was before I started the Acne Cure. Sucks, huh?

Well, since everyone was saying that breakouts were normal for up to 4-6 weeks after starting the regimen, I decided to just stick with it. However, I've tried fiddling with the regimen a little to see if it would reduce my breakouts. For instance, when I put the icepack on my face for ten minutes, I used to press it against the areas of my skin that were bad and hold it there. That seemed to actually aggravate the skin even more and cause it to breakout moreso. The only reason for this that I could think of was all the bp on my face being absorbed by the paper towel between the ice pack and my face whenever I held it there.

So for the past couple of nights I haven't been pressing the icepack, but have just been letting it sit on my face without me holding it there while I lay down, and the pimples seemed to have reduce a little.

Well, I don't really know what to tell you, except that you have to make a decision of whether breaking out now is worth potentially acne free skin in the future. A lot of people seemed to have success with the Acne Cure, which was my whole reason for starting it. On the other hand, certain people have told me that important steps in the Acne Cure, like the 10%GA for instance, just didn't agree with their skin at all, and so they stopped that step of the Acne Cure, and their skin is now better. Another example is when someone here said that their skin just did not agree with any kind of moisturizer and that once they cut that out of the routine, their skin actually improved.

I guess what it all boils down to is that everyone's skin reacts differently to different things. But the bottom line is that you can't really say what will work for you and what won't until after the entire 6 weeks of doing the Acne Cure regimen exactly as outlined, whether or not it causes you to breakout during that time.

~intro

Well, yeah I went through the whole process...I remember at first my face looked like crap (complexion and the whole nine yards), then around 7 days things looked great. However around 12 days I started to break out, here, there, everything was going downhill. I finally wrote an email to the doc and they replied about two days later, so I was already going into my second week. The letter said it wasn't uncommon for patients to breakout all the way up to the fourth week. Well I am done with the cure, and I am totally stoked I stuck it out. At three weeks things got better, then the fourht week came, EVEN better. I dont use the cure anymore, and I have to admit I'm glad I stuck it through, I really didn't like the whole GA and the icepack thing... I do still get oily which sucks but I'm working on that (Ketsugo).

For the question that will come:

Been off the cure for two weeks

Used Netrogena SA

GA 10% pads (got it at dermaskin.com or dermskin, can't remember)

Used generic 2.5% bp

Good Luck

I had the same experience as introvert as far as the harder I pressed the ice the more the BP got absorbed into my towel...SO, I add a tiny bit of BP to my moisturizer when I am done icing. Seemed to have helped.

I'm in week two and things are great so far. biggrin.gif/ Let's pray they stay that way!

Thanks everyone for your replies!

It's good to know I'm not the only one not experiencing a dramatic clearing in a few days as many people on the boards seem to be. I think I'm gonna stick it out until the end, just in case things do turn around. It's just so frustrating because I started clearing up, and then the whole situation switched around....

Anyhoo, let me know how you guys are doing and I'll try to keep everyone posted.

thanks!

I've been on the cure for 3 weeks and I am having a similar experience. The first couple of days I saw improvement but my face has been breaking out ever since...pretty severly. I have however seen some improvement the last few days. Every treatment I've used in the past that has actually worked, has broken me out before my skin got better (accutane, differin, erythromycin)... I'm 25 and had acne since I was 15 so hopefully this treatment works out. I'm gonna stick it out for a few more weeks.

i reckon its the Glycolic acid, cos thats wot its meant to do, how else you gonna unplug the pores? they cant go deeper down, they have to come out of yuor skin that why, you people dont understand that the pimples that you see comin out, woud hav com out in succession one after da other over the following weeks if you hadnt used the cure.

the fact that you are comin out in one go is hopefull in saying that the Glycolic acid is doing its work properly

i already knew this, that it would break u out, and im prepared for that, i see it as a positive result that the spots come out not a negative

i knew my face would break out at first and I understand what the glycolic is doing...but that being said, it doesn't make it that much easier to deal with the breakouts...

I just have a question about how you guys are doing the Acne Cure, because there's a step I'm not too clear on.

Are you guys wetting your face, then watering down your BP and GA in your palm? It says to apply the GA and the BP using the "identical application technique" as the SA; but I'm not sure if that's what he means.

Thanks.

you run a ice cube on ur face so that the face is wed and cold b4 u put the bp on

this will help it absorb INTO ur pores and not cause dryness

and the thing about breaking out.. its best to breakout badly like this 4 a few weeks then have clear skin (hopefull) rather than break out continuosly every day

just stick with it and hopefully it will work

guys this acne cure al sounds soooooo logicall

if u'v bought the book and study'd it, every single page, u will see its backed up by so much evidence and it all sounds SO RIGHT that its GOTTA work

it just has to, and if it doesnt then i dunno what will

worked great 4 me untill i burnt myself, so i had to stop but no doubt ill be back on it in a couple of weeks

I just have a question about how you guys are doing the Acne Cure, because there's a step I'm not too clear on.

Are you guys wetting your face, then watering down your BP and GA in your palm?  It says to apply the GA and the BP using the \"identical application technique\" as the SA; but I'm not sure if that's what he means.

Thanks.

Introvert - Thanks so much! That was my main question; about the watering down of the other products. I've been doing it the way you explain it, so hopefully it will all work out. Today, I'm happy to say that I didn't get any new spots (so far), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Good luck with your Acne Cure, and hopefully we will all get through the acne already.

Peace,

Joker