Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stephen*

General Question: Dans Moisturiser

will it?

eucerin is known for its moisturisation because of the Urea content, will dans moisturiser be able to rival eucerin, if so what will the big ingredient be to provide the best type of moisturisation?

That is still up in the air right now. Dan is still trialing samples. I do know that the moisturizer will have some lactic acid in it, as for the other ingredients, I think that just depends on what the accepted sample has in it.

all i kno is its going to have AHA's in by the sounds of it

and there looks like there wil be two

one with SPF

and one without.

anything else is stil being worked on

Well, if the latest sample I tried is any indication, it's going to be awesome. The last one I tried is the best by far at taking care of flakes that I have ever tried. It puts Eucerin to shame believe it or not. It also has 2.5% to 5% (haven't decided yet which I'll go with) lactic acid which makes your skin look awesome I must say. Since sampling lactic acid moisturizers with the regimen my skin has looked amazing.

So, when will it be out? Still months away and I don't want to even guess. They need to work on a couple of things still and then we have to go through FDA required testing. But someday when it does come out it should be amazing. Finally, after 30 samples we're getting some great stuff.

Well, if the latest sample I tried is any indication, it's going to be awesome. The last one I tried is the best by far at taking care of flakes that I have ever tried. It puts Eucerin to shame believe it or not. It also has 2.5% to 5% (haven't decided yet which I'll go with) lactic acid which makes your skin look awesome I must say. Since sampling lactic acid moisturizers with the regimen my skin has looked amazing.

So, when will it be out? Still months away and I don't want to even guess. They need to work on a couple of things still and then we have to go through FDA required testing. But someday when it does come out it should be amazing. Finally, after 30 samples we're getting some great stuff.

That's great news Dan!! Can't wait for it to release.

whats so great about UREA in a moisturizer .. i heard all it is is a preservative.

What are Urea's advantages?

Urea penetrates and re-hydrates the stratum comeum. Also, the addition of Urea to dermatological preparations increases the penetration of other substances e.g. corticosteroids , which are attributed to Urea's ability to increase skin hydration after application.

It also has anti-pruritic activity (stops itching) based on local anaesthetic effects.

The proteolytic characteristics of urea are also well recognised, where depending on the concentration, urea modifies the structure of amino-chains as well as of polypeptides. This is significant for skin moisturising since a correlation exists between water content and amino acid content in skin - the drier the skin the lower the share of dissolved amino acids. Urea also helps in higher concentrations (10%) to reduce scales and calluses.

http://www.eucerin.co.uk/faq.html