Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spottystarlet

please i need help! Im breaking out bad with B5

been on Clear 5 for 2 weeks now and my skin is breaking out so bad. i know they say this is meant to happen but its freaking me out. if you have used B5, did this happen to you and what do you think I should do.

thanx

Yes it happened to me, yes I did feel like giving up.

But I stuck with it and it cleared me up.

Hang in there, the results will be worth it. :D

Thanx for the advice I guessed that the breakout is meant to happen but it just seems to be taking so long..

Im gonna stick with it anyway ( I have got a full bottle of pills to finish off)

Another question...

how long were you on B5 you began to see long lasting improvements?

please reply.

Hey Starlet,

what sort of dosage are you on? The first time i took B5 i jumped right in with the full 10g a day, and this caused me to break out quite badly at the beginning. It gradually got better though, and within a couple of months i was relatively spot-free.

The second time i took them i was a bit wiser and started with 1g a day, increasing it slowly until i was on about 5g. This seemed to work much better, but i guess it's a bit late for you to change it now. I'd just stick it out and, like Vikster said, the results will be worth it :)

Good luck.

i have started to see results at 3 and half weeks. i have only one pimple on my face and scars and scabs healing. n b5 i get one pimple every few days, but that's it. if you don't pick at this breakout, you will be very happy in a 3 weeks. best of luck and stay on the b5. you might also want to get on 7gms or so of vitamin C. It will help your skin heal much faster from the breakout. also use lots of Benzoyl peroxide in the morning.

Ive been on BP for nearly four months now, and i started with 2.5% because i know what my skin is like (very sensitive) and i knew it would dry up pretty bad. I did break out, it went on for ages..Ive recently moved on to 5% BP and my skin is clearing up, alot more flaky and dry but it seems to be clearing up. Im expecting a break out soon, but i guess thats what happens with the BP. Hang in there, one step at a time, and dont go rushing into it with 10% BP start of slowly...thats my advice anyway! :D

Christy-lee

Hey Starlet,

what sort of dosage are you on? The first time i took B5 i jumped right in with the full 10g a day, and this caused me to break out quite badly at the beginning. It gradually got better though, and within a couple of months i was relatively spot-free.

The second time i took them i was a bit wiser and started with 1g a day, increasing it slowly until i was on about 5g. This seemed to work much better, but i guess it's a bit late for you to change it now. I'd just stick it out and, like Vikster said, the results will be worth it :)

Good luck.

I am taking clear 5 and with their tabs, you only need to take 3g a day until you clear..They claim that their tablets are time-releasing so you dont need to take so much. It makes alot of sense and I tried the 20 tabs a day but I couldnt handle it. I will hang on and hopefully, next time I post - things will be looking up.

cheers for the advice guys.

Thanx for the advice I guessed that the breakout is meant to happen but it just seems to be taking so long..

Im gonna stick with it anyway ( I have got a full bottle of pills to finish off)

Another question...

how long were you on B5 you began to see long lasting improvements?

please reply.

First time around I saw long lasting improvements after 3 months. I never got another breakout ever again.

Stupis thing was, I came off the B5 cos I thought i was "cured".

Acne came back with a vengeance! :wall:

Went back on the b5. Took around 6 months for it to kick in again. Am now gradually reducing to a maintenance dosage as I am clearing up again.

It takes patience, but it is worth it in the end! :D