Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MyShrimpDied

Gentle Cleanser for Sensitive skin

I have extremely sensitive skin and wanted to know what would be the most gentle cleanser I could buy. I would like one that doesn't do too much drying of the skin (because i already have very dry skin), more of removing the dead skin and oil from my face.

On a side note...I have this yellow crust of dead skin that appears over a period of time all over my face that i have to scrub off with a wet washcloth. I don't wash my face other than running it under hot water when i'm in the shower, is this what is causing the yellow dead skin?

In my opinion, the best gentle cleanser is Purpose liquid. Some people prefer Cetaphil. Get a matching moisturizer and use that too.

The dead skin you describe may be seborrheic dermatitis.

In my opinion, the best gentle cleanser is Purpose liquid. Some people prefer Cetaphil. Get a matching moisturizer and use that too.

The dead skin you describe may be seborrheic dermatitis.

Yeah, I'm a Cetaphil user, myself. The yellow skin certainly doesn't sound normal... have you had it looked at?

cetiphil broke me out and seemed to leave a greesy film behind, purpose dried my skin out for some reason, I also tried eucerin (not sur if it's around anymore)but that was drying for me as well. The only non medicated wash that I found to be gentle was alpha hydrox's foaming face wash

^^There's no one-size-fits-all cleanser. But Cetaphil or Purpose is a good starting point for a lot of people.

^^There's no one-size-fits-all cleanser. But Cetaphil or Purpose is a good starting point for a lot of people.

hmm...I didn't say there was, I was simply stating why those didn't work for me and that the other did. People can make up their own mind as to what they decide to use.