Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UNATTRACTIVE

Acne looks like a rash

Im 35 years old, and I noticed that I had a rash on my forehead that looks like acne. Okay so I originally thought it was a rash and bought Hydrocortisone.. which cleared it up.. then it resurfaced... but this time ALL OVER MY FACE.. down my neck and I dont know what to do... They are very small... and red and all over. My husband seems to think its a rash, but I got to tell you,, I dont know. I have an appointment with the Dermatologist and it doesnt seem to come quick enough. Im embarrassed. I can see it and I see people looking at me. I had the occassional breakout throughout my life.. BUT NEVER like this.. I dont want to see Family or friends.. I was wondering.. due to the heatwave we are having.. the dry wall dust all over the house.... (redoing kitchen) what can it be.. anybody else in this boat.. I dont know what to do.. I just want to stay home and not go anywhere.

I think it may actually be a rash called miliaria, or prickly heat. It's caused by sweat being trapped under the skin. It's itchy and sometimes it burns.........although it usually doesn't appear on the face in adults, but it can. It usually looks like tiny bumps surrounded by a zone of red skin....when the bumps rupture they may leak a clear liquid (sweat). It comes from the blockage of the opening of a sweat gland when the upper layers of the epidermis become damaged by excessive perspitation...... unlike acne which is caused by the blockage of sebaceous glands. It usually goes away completely in 3-6 weeks.

It may be a little acne breakout, but it's sudden onset, redness, and relation to heat humidity makes me think of heat rash......in which case the hydrocortisone may work well.....

Guest chesterfalls

I think it may actually be a rash called miliaria, or prickly heat. It's caused by sweat being trapped under the skin. It's itchy and sometimes it burns.........although it usually doesn't appear on the face in adults, but it can. It usually looks like tiny bumps surrounded by a zone of red skin....when the bumps rupture they may leak a clear liquid (sweat).

Thats exactly the s**t i keep getting. So annoying. Little red bumps that itch like a mutha f**ker! You're just casually going about your normal business when you suddenly think; ''Hmm, thats a bit itchy'', so obviously without thinking, you scratch the itch and thats it. Done. Bump-a-hoy!

I have found two things that help get rid of them or at least make them less itchy and flatten them out... both are pretty strange i must say...

One is IRRIDERM GEL. This is from Greece and its for bites and stings from insects and other stuff. Mosquitoes, Bees, Wasps, Jelly Fish, Nettles etc... It's great for all those, but its AWESOME for these itchy red blighters!

The other is BLISTEX INTENSIVE MOISTURISER. I think this stuff is for sore lips, cold sores and stuff. I don't actually know really, i just found it in the bathroom and thought ''it can't hurt to give it a go''... It worked like a charm.

I put either of the above on the area during the day and before bed that night (if it hasn't gone down at all by then) and said bump is usually gone the following morning.

Hope that helps. If anyone finds out EXACTLY what this condition is and how to prevent it i'd love to know!

Good luck!