Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

So I'm not going to the DERM anymore...

Well... I'm going to keep trying BP 10% for a couple of more weeks. It seems to be working, atleast that's what my mom is saying. My first is pretty much red though, barely any big pimples. My bottle of 10% MD formulations BP is running out so my dad just ordered 2 more bottles. I'll see, my mom told me if things don't get better I'm going to the derm. So yea, I was going to go next Friday, but things changed. School is starting in less than a month =/. If I had went I would have probably asked for an antibiotic, maybe Mino? If I had gotten the drug I would I have waited a few weeks to see anymore breakouts, if so I would have taken the drug. If I had gotten the drug I would have been way nervous, like a now or never thing. I would be so afraid of it making me breakout more and making it worse. Well I'm just typing this, because I want to let my thoughts out. How are you guys doing? Is school that bad when you have acne?

yes, all of us acne sufferers dropped out of school.

when it gets bad, don't go out of your way to schedule your medication around your school schedule.

yes, all of us acne sufferers dropped out of school.

when it gets bad, don't go out of your way to schedule your medication around your school schedule.

I don't see me dropping out of school for acne, plus my parents would kill me. Also it would put shame to my family to my relatives. If my acne was bad enough I would goto the derm and get accutange, it would take maybe a year but it would be worth it, but as of now it's not that bad. There can be cool kids with acne right?

I don't see me dropping out of school for acne, plus my parents would kill me. Also it would put shame to my family to my relatives. If my acne was bad enough I would goto the derm and get accutange, it would take maybe a year but it would be worth it, but as of now it's not that bad. There can be cool kids with acne right?

S/he was being terribly rude and sarcastic, as well as unsympathetic and unhelpful. People don't drop out of school because of acne, and the ones that do have emotional and psychological problems, not just skin problems. I went through high school with acne, and now college. It's not that big a deal to anyone older than 13 with an IQ above 100. And yes, there can be cool kids with acne. And if you can manage your acne with BP it's probably not bad enough to be noticeable to most people. You might try a lower concentration of BP--like 2.5 or 5%. They're generally less damaging to your skin, especially for longer-term use.

I would still go to the derm and ask for an antibiotic. you can use the antibiotic as well as the BP and you would be more likely to have clear skin by the time school starts. their usually is no initial breakout from antibiotics.

shmelis, if you read enough threads, you would see plenty of "omg, school starts in 1 months and I am so afraid of taking >insert drugname< because of the initial breakout... nevermind that if they had wanted, they could've planned ahead and got treated earlier thus avoiding this whole scheduling *dilemma*

rude? He asked what school is like for acne sufferers... well just like other non acne sufferer isn't it? What are we? freak of the earth that our experiences in school are vastly different than others? (except when the individuals allows their experiences to be changed)

If you are gonna get picked on, you will get picked on acne or no acne. If you are the stud and mister popular, you will not get picked on acne or no acne. What's to worry about?

Unsympathetic? hell, I been on accutane and is currently on doxy+benzaclin+tazorac, I know what it is like having acne and being in school. Sorry if I don't pour my heart out over someone who is able to get their acne under control with 10% BP and worry about how this will effect his experiences in school.

This EMO stuff is sickening, ppl need to toughen up and not worry about little things like this. People thinking it is ok to freak over 1 pimple etc and how it has or will affect their life contribute to the general shame that many acne sufferer feel as it legitimize their feeling of being victimized, thus altering their behavior and their life experiences.