Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chance1843

Weening off BP for a bit...

I've just stopped using BP all together, due to excessive dryness, clogged pores in areas I never had before BP, redness, etc. I was applying BP to my entire face day and night like the regimen said, but this lead to clogged pores and spots in places I never had before using BP. I was wondering if I let off BP for awhile, and just simply washed like I did before the regimen (just purpose bar), will my skin heal and return to just the occasional spots? After I clear up in the areas I never had acne before, I am then only to use BP to spot treat certain areas. Could this solve my problem of clogged pores and spots if I stop BP for awhile until Im back to where I was, and then simply spot treat with BP ? Any one try this? Cause the BP was helping ALOT, but I can't deal with the clogged pores anymore.. any advice would be helpful. By the way, Ive been on regimen for 6 months at least, using dansBP, purpose bar, neutrogena healthy skin. Thanks...

You might try lowering the dosage. Do the regimen at night and just moisturize during the day. Also, Neutrogena Healthy Skin and the Purpose bar aren't exactly gentle. Have you tried any other moisturizers and cleansers?

You might try lowering the dosage. Do the regimen at night and just moisturize during the day. Also, Neutrogena Healthy Skin and the Purpose bar aren't exactly gentle. Have you tried any other moisturizers and cleansers?

Yes, I've tried most cleansers on the recommended list, the purpose bar seems to control my oil the best. I've also tried most moisturizers, and since I don't usually get that dry of skin, I hardly use them (only to spot treat certain dry areas. Any recommendations? I don't want these clogged pores anymore, but I also dont want to be putting 5 different things on my face (i'm a guy, dont like shiny skin)

Neutrogena healthy skin lotion has 8% glycolic acid which exfoliates and unclogs pores. I don't think clogged pores was your problem.

Why don't poeple try dan's cleaner? i think it's great personally... i also just started the alpha hydroxy lotion with aha in it, you should try both those products, dans cleaners shouldn't cause dryness or very much flakyness...

Neutrogena healthy skin lotion has 8% glycolic acid which exfoliates and unclogs pores. I don't think clogged pores was your problem.

If you read my earlier post, I said I hardly use the moisturizer because 1. My face isnt that dry, and 2. more importantly I dont like a shiny face. But I see what youre saying, maybe Ill start using it only at night time.

Yeah i am in the same boat as you are chance, i don't like the shiny face either, that's why i use it at night, i have some acne scars which can get depressing at times so the moisterizer i have has some aha in it which is supposedly helps the scars... anyways, it looks like its improving a little bit, so yeah i'de just use it at night, i wish i didn't have any scars at all, i'de be in heaven.

only problem with spot treating is that the spot has already formed.

so your sorta not really gaining anything.

the regimen is meant to help prevent acne from even forming.