Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dove clears my skin. It's the oddest thing.

Anyone else have this experience? My friend is also noticing the same. My acne used to be a lot of little red bumps with oilyness.

Yeah I had the same thing about a year ago it cleared me up,but now I have moderate to severe acne.='(

Yeah I had the same thing about a year ago it cleared me up,but now I have moderate to severe acne.='(

I hardly think you can blame severe acne on the soap.

Another friend's been using it for 3 years straight and her skin is beautiful.She had moderate acne before. My skin continues to be clear, so I'll take my chances, thanks.

I hardly think you can blame severe acne on the soap.

Another friend's been using it for 3 years straight and her skin is beautiful.She had moderate acne before. My skin continues to be clear, so I'll take my chances, thanks.

What does dove have in it? Ingredients?

I used to use the stuff for sensitive skin. If you look at the ingredients they seem perfect - no perfume, no sodium laurel sulphate - and it's cheap too (89 pence for 2 bars). I'm trying out oil control face washes now but I may go back to Dove.

when you say "dove" what do u mean" dove soap?

No, she gets an actual dove.

And wipes it on her face.

:lol: This response is just dripping with sarcasm. Why do I get the feeling Matthew is saying "Well, duh?"

Very clever play on words.

Yeah, Dove soap tazorac. The soap smells good, too. But, keep in mind you have to be consistent.

Guest molly_jean_comments
Dove clears my skin. It's the oddest thing.

Anyone else have this experience? My friend is also noticing the same. My acne used to be a lot of little red bumps with oilyness.

I just started using it on Friday; my dermatologists PA gave me a bunch of samples of it and I love it! My face isnt red anymore! Aveeno and Neutrogena just aggrevated my acne. Its the damndest thing :lol: I do get a couple of small pimples still but not the big ugly cysitc ones. I am on Yasmin so hopefully the small pimples will also go away and not form new ones.

I've been using the regular bar soap for a few years now....

Of course, I'm still on this board, so obviously Dove alone didn't cure me.

But it DID make my acne a lot better. It's the only soap I'll use, because everything else breaks me out.

I use the exfoliating Dove soap bar, (though it doesnt actually exfoliate whatsoever) and I'm clearing up REAL fast :) Wonderful stuff.

how long did it take for you guys to clear up somewhat? also, are you guys using other things to clean your face and ow many times a day do you use the dove soap and when? let me know, thanks.

lol...

I use the original dove bar. It's white.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

Dont bar soaps grow bacteria though. Plus liquid form lasts longer. I will attach a pic of the one I am using; its a bodywash but you can also use it on your face.

hahaha

wow.. this Dove soap does sound good. I looked at the link that Mermaiden showed us. the comments do sound good, and people have stated that their acne is under control or they dont get acne because of this soap.

Any idea where you can get this in the UK. The only things i can find is 'Dove Cream Bar' - is that the same thing? In US it's called Dove Beauty Bar, White???

Oh wow, my old thread.

Well I have to say I still love this soap and have recently been using the sensitive skin version. The sensitive bar feels like it washes off cleaner, but I noticed it is less effective at clearing me than the original for some reason.

Eventually I started getting breakouts even with this soap. But they are always much smaller and less red than before, so I keep using it. When I go off it it gets much worse...in special pus-filled ways.

I'm trying Paleo now to try and get rid of my acne from the inside out. But this does help me so I still recommend trying it. Also, on MUA (makeupalley.com) a lot of people in the reviews said it cleared their acne, so it seems to be a weird phenomenon.

Thanks for the suggestion about the bodywash. I've heard it clears bacne well so I should pick up a bottle. I've been using Olay as a bodywash, but I think it's breaking me out.

Dove soap contains coconut oil which is antibacterial and antifungal, so of COURSE it would help acne. My burt's bees face-wash has coconut oil in it too and my face is looking so much better.