Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So Im looking for a cleanser, nothing fancy something you can buy in a store like wal-mart, but something that is gentle and that I can possibly mix with baking soda to exfoliate once in a while, as well as use daily to cleanse. I had finally decided upon Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, as it looked like just what I needed, but then I saw that it contained Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, which, according to this thread --

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=102347

is a harsh surfectant and should not be used.

So, what should I do? Try it anyway since alot of people say its a great cleanser ( http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=44105 ) , or go with something else?

help please need to decide :o

buy the one for normal/oily skin which is imo a lot better.

and while it is essential that we are educated on the ingredients in the products we use, I think a lot of people are just over-reacting.

a wind blowing in your face probably contain more irritant and abrasive materials that stay on your skin for a lot longer than a cleanser that stay on your skin for 15 seconds.

but I think CSR Cleansers is much better than the cetaphil.

buy the one for normal/oily skin which is imo a lot better.

and while it is essential that we are educated on the ingredients in the products we use, I think a lot of people are just over-reacting.

a wind blowing in your face probably contain more irritant and abrasive materials that stay on your skin for a lot longer than a cleanser that stay on your skin for 15 seconds.

but I think CSR Cleansers is much better than the cetaphil.

CSR Cleansers? Sorry not familiar. Also, never saw one for Normal/oily skin, just the gentle cleansing one.

Dustino,

Ummm i dont know about Cetaphil... i've tried it, it was JUST okay... i seriously didn't like the consistency at all... it felt weird but anyways, as for me i am currently NIVEA VISAGE GENTLE CLEANSING CREAM. it's fabulous & it already has mini exfoliating thingies so you dont have to mix it with baking soda. it's lightly scented and didn't dry out my annoying skin (switches from dry/flaky to oily) so goodluck with the hunt.

^____________^

Dustino,

Ummm i dont know about Cetaphil... i've tried it, it was JUST okay... i seriously didn't like the consistency at all... it felt weird but anyways, as for me i am currently NIVEA VISAGE GENTLE CLEANSING CREAM. it's fabulous & it already has mini exfoliating thingies so you dont have to mix it with baking soda. it's lightly scented and didn't dry out my annoying skin (switches from dry/flaky to oily) so goodluck with the hunt.

^____________^

Dont like the sound of that for 2 reasons. The mini exfoliating things would cause too much irritation if I were to use it daily, probably. As well, I thought scented meant there was some harsh ingriedients in there as well?

Anyone else have something good to use? or have anything good to say about the Cetaphil? thanks :D

Bump --

Any other cleansers out there that can be bought in a store like wal-mart and do not contain harsh ingredients?

okay you dont want to use bars right?you dont like the cream cleansers.youre on accutane, so you need something gentle.what about Dove,i know they make a liquid soap. you really dont want to use a cleanser that is going to dry you out.have you asked your derm?

maybe you could try the aveeno stuff thats not for the face but the body wash. It has that ingredient in it, but it's super gentle. and it's not in bar form

maybe you could try the aveeno stuff thats not for the face but the body wash. It has that ingredient in it, but it's super gentle. and it's not in bar form

I'm about to just try the Cetaphil and see how it goes, I used another cleanser with a harsh chemical in it for a LONG time not realizing it was bad, and it didnt seem to effect my acne that much, if at all. I dont mind using the cream cleansers my problem is just that I cant find one without some harsh chemicals in it, and its pissing me off :P

I'm about to just try the Cetaphil and see how it goes, I used another cleanser with a harsh chemical in it for a LONG time not realizing it was bad, and it didnt seem to effect my acne that much, if at all. I dont mind using the cream cleansers my problem is just that I cant find one without some harsh chemicals in it, and its pissing me off :P

I'm using the Aveeno Calming facial cleanser (it comes in a pinkish container). I like it. My skin is much less congested than it was when I was using the Clearasil for sensitive skin. The Aveeno cleanser is kinda expensive (like $7 or something). I'm going to try the "friendly" cleanser that is sold on the Garden of Wisdom site. It's cheaper and has fewer ingredients. We'll see how it goes.

hey. i use now simple softening facial cleansing mousse. I use to use Simple Pure soap bar, but heard that sodium tallowate was bad and i only use it for a wk.