Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JPosey30311

Benzamyacin + Differin?

Ive been using Benzamyacin paks for a couple months now, and have been using it without Differin for about a month. The combination is certainly far better than nothing, but Differin didnt seem to make my face as clear as Double the Benzamyacin has. My dermatologist told me that WITHOUT a retin-oid (like Differin, or Retin-A) My acne has a much more likely chance to come back. Is this true? Or should I just stick with what is working for me right now?

There's no way to know. Your Derm can only guess like anyone else. There is no way whatsoever anyone here will be able to tell you what will happen with any certainty. If the Benzamyacin is working then stick with it.

you have to understand how acne forms.

1. clogged pores.

2. trapped sebum

3. bacteria

4. body fight the bacteria. inflamation.

now. benzamycin are bp which create an environement unsuitable for p.acne bacteria. clindamycin further kills it as it is an antibiotic.

now, what about the cause for the condition in which that create the environment for p.acne to thrive?

"work deep inside your pores to control the cause of the buildup that leads to the formation of acne. Differin® Gel normalizes the improper accumulation of skin cells that plug the pores, and effectively keeps them clear."

from differin.com

retinoids takes longer for it to really work its magic but patiences are generally rewarded.

so... listen to your derm. and anyway, differin is stable, so you can use bp with it at the same time, ie, during the night thus maintaining your 2 application of benzamycin/day.

You mean using Differin UNDER Benzamyacin? Or, applying benzamyacin, and then about an hour later washing it off a little with water and applying Differin (Which is actually what my derm recommended, she said Benzamyacin is all absorbed into the skin after about an hour and after that it prevents acne all it can)

I don't have any experiences with benzamyacin so I don't know its application, but I would listen to your derm on how to apply the medication.

I am simply refering to the fact that differin is OK to use wtih BP even at the same time as other retinoid is unstable in that situation.

Okay, Ive thought about what she said, and I've decided to just keep doing exactly what I am doing but then add Differin ONE NIGHT per week just to make sure. (because I do hear that it is still working a little about 30 hours after you wash it off)

well, you and whoever you heard it from... obviously know more about it than derms and drug packaging instruction if you know that it last a little more than 30 hours after you wash it off and that it is effective in one application per week...

gluck.