Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CanadianChron

skin around bp area getting dry too

ive noticed that my skin gets dry in areas even around the areas i apply bp, for example i dont put bp any closer than an inch around my eyebrows yet they flake like crazy if i dont moisturize them. also, i apply bp to my upper lip/chin area and i get dryness and flakes extending 2inches out on all sides past the points where i apply the bp. what the hell? do i just have naturally dry skin that is getting instensly dried out by the benzoyl peroxide or what? also, anytime i go swimming, even if my skin is feeling nice and soft and moisturized, after i go swimming and get home it's always really dry. is that normal? this is just lake swimming, not pool.

Well you can try putting on less bp. That might help out with the dryness.

Certain parts of your face are more senstive to BP. Anything above the cheek bone for me leaves me red and makes me look sun burned. I recommend spot treating sensitive areas (corners of mouth for some, around the eyes, corners of the nose) with salicilic acid or something more gentle if you're prone to acne there.