Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am a 20 year old male going into my senior year of undergrad. I have had acne for the past three years. Up until now it hasnt been that bad. A couple of cysts on my cheeks every now and then from what i remember. These past couple of months have been the worst. Big breakouts that lead to lots of brown hyperpigmentation. It seems they come faster than they leave. Sooo... I have decided to start CSR. I was on proactiv before, which helped, but i feel it was too rough with my skin (Repairing lotion is sweet though). I have also tried a handful of otc topicals and I was put on cipro. The cipro helped but they only came back, typical of most antibiotics i guess. Anyways I am posting to keep track for myself and for everyone that is interested in CSR. I will try to put up as many pics as i can so people can get a good idea of whats going on. From now on I will try to post a couple times a week and keep them short and sweet for you guys. Thanks alot.. lets hope this works.

Day 0 (July 27, 2006):

As you can guess my skin sucks. which is why im here. I just started the Fish Oil supplements with Omega 3,6 and 9. I have been on Murad supplements for the past month or so. I dont really know if they are helping or not, but Im scared to stop taking them. I do masks every now and then, which i will mention in the posts. I also ordered some Proactiv Spot lightening stuff (hydroquinone) for my brown spots. If anyone has any comments about the hydroquinone and CSR together please let me know. Pics will be coming soon.

Big guys: 4

Little guys: 4

Brown guys: Too many

...Dreading the initial breakout....

7-27-06 Here are the pictures I promised. I took the liberty of highlighting the problem areas. The lighting doesnt show everything clearly though. I will work on that. So far I like the way my skin is taking to the CSR regimen. I will also try to post the pics in my albums. (Thanks Brandy)

Funny story though. I was shaving this morning, and Im so used to putting products all over my face. I starting smearing shaving cream all over my face and didn't really notice until i was done. Bathroom sink blunders.

Front Day 0:

IPB Image

Right Day 0:

IPB Image

Left Day 0:

IPB Image

There is actually more hyperpigmentation goin on there than it looks.

Hang in there!

By the way, besides those few pimples, you have beautiful skin already. I mean, the texture seems nice!(lucky you) I predict your skin will look awesome in a few months!

Day 1 (7-28-06)

My face was feeling kind of oily and nasty today, so I decided to do a quick cleans/bp/moisturize in the late afternoon. The biggest dude on my right side somehow scabbedup and came right off! It seems as though there is the smallest sign of a zit underneath it though which im not worried about. Hooray. Also, I usually try not to pick but i couldnt resist peeling a peice of dead flaky skin (sorry if thats gross) off the lower right side zit. This thinned out the top layer and allowed me to perform a succesful drainage. Its still swolen but hopefully that will go down by tommorow. The giant on my left side seems like it will be ready to drain soon as well, but im gona wait for that one. Overall the brown marks look like they are lightening up very slowly. Id hate to see a breakout after this much improvement after only 2 days on CSR...blahhh. Pics will come tommorw or the next.

Big guys: 2

Little guys: 3

Brown guys: 3247928375

peace

Ok so I was bored. Here are some pics of today. The right side has improved alot as described above. I promise i didnt photo shop it or anything. The two spots on the right side might look white becuase i have small dabs of Proactiv repairing lotion on them.I also worked out the camera stuff for clearer pics. Lets hope it keeps improving.

Day 1 (7-28-06)

Right:

IPB Image

Left:

IPB Image

Stay tuned...

Day 2 (7-29-06)

No pimples are good pimples. I woke up with an oily face today. I used 3 and a half oil absorber sheets last night.. bleehh. So i cut back on the moisturizer today. Any suggestions for a moisturizer for oily skin. I am on cetaphil right now. Anyways i feel the infamous IB is coming soon. I have about 4-5 red spots on my right side that had that itchy feeling like something was gona pop up. I hope its just the BP killing the bacteria underneath the skin. I added a little extra BP this morning for them. well see if they surface The two spots on my right side from yesterday have darkened up a little. but oh well. Other than that.. same old stuff.

Day 3 (7-30-06)

Well, I guess this is it. The IB. I have gotten 5 red spots on my right cheek and a surfaced pimple on my lower left chin. Maybe 1 tiny one on my left cheek. The spots on my right are not really surfaced yet. Well one has, he shows leadership qualities much like myself. Anyways I feel like they would have been huge cysts if it werent for the CSR. I am going to continue to be generous with the BP on my right side untill they calm down. Other than those spots there is no irritation at all. I switched to Aveeno Ultra calming lotion because i found that the cetaphil was too oily for my face. It was 15 bucks.. geeez. The prices we pay physically, emotionally and monetarily for acne...I am considering switching to Neutrogena healthy skin with AHA lotion in a couple of weeks. I also made the mistake of picking at the boulder on my left side cause i thought i could drain it.. Shouldnt have because it was going down, and now i flared it back up.. im such an idiot.. gosh.. pics soon

Big guys: 2

Little guys: 7ish?

Brown guys: still alot

I definitely recomend Neutrogena Healthy Skin for the dark/red marks. I have seen improvement on old spots in just a week and a half, and it is especially helpful for new ones. I had the biggest spot at the start of my second week, however I can't even see the red mark anymore.

Day 4 (7-31-06)

I think I like the Aveeno Ultra calming lotion better than the cetaphil, it leaves my face less mucky and congested. I have also started spot treated with the Neutrogena HSFL with AHA at night too see how my face takes to it. The big guy on my left side went down, but its still red from me picking at it. The new guy on my lower left chin turned to a fully blown white head in one night. and its drained. The dudes on my right side are starting to surface a bit. making me nervous. Pics later on tonight maybe?

I just noticed your question about Hydroquinone in your first post.

Do not use it with bp. It will react with the bp and make the dark spots worse.

I agree about using an AHA moisturizer though, that should help alot at evening skin tone and helping those hyperpigmented areas fade faster.

I just noticed your question about Hydroquinone in your first post.

Do not use it with bp. It will react with the bp and make the dark spots worse.

I agree about using an AHA moisturizer though, that should help alot at evening skin tone and helping those hyperpigmented areas fade faster.

Thanks brandy, yeah i did some more research on it and came to the same conclusion. I guess i will store it away for a later date or send it back.. i dont know.

Day 6 (8-02-06)

I feel like things have taken a turn for the worst. I keep getting all these small zits all over my right side. Some are starting to surface on my left side and chin as well , but not as bad. I know these will go away and im thankful that there not huge cysts. but it still sucks anyways. Im going to chill out on the AHA lotion for now becuase i think that might be irritating my skin slightly. I hope they stop soon. this is a pain in the ass. Here are some pics. I have so many brown spots now. i just want them to fade. I have also been draining white heads here and there. I hope week two goes a little bit better, maybe by week 4 i will show my whole face!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Day 7 (8-3-06)

WEEK1 - over

Well, I woke up less oily today which is a good thing. No new spots. Just some really tiny bumps that i will be cautious about , but not worried. I picked a scab off the big guy on the left (i know i know) and put neosporin on it. I hope the IB is over with, although i will probly get more... thats just how my face works...... Other than that, no big changes reallly. I turned down drinking with a gorgeous girl last night because of my face... i hate this....a little over 2 weeks until my 21st, lets hope i can make some kind of improvent before then.

ps. i tried to put concealer and stuff on my face....just to see what it would look like.. and wow . hats off to the ladies that can do this well. cause it is hard as balls. is there like some kind of trick or secret password to make it look good, besides using one that matches your natural skin tone?

Day 9, (8-5-06)

My face has been a little less oily lately. No big newbies but couple of small ones beggining to form. I think the bp will take them out though. The bumps on my right side have stopped surfacing, i think they are nearing death, but they are leaving brown marks. The big one on my left side has scabbed over and its gona leave a big brown mark. other than that no news reallly.. pics soon

Day 10 (8-6-06)

Keep getting small pimples here and there on both cheeks. Nothing to cry about . The big lad on my left side, the one i thought was gone, is coming back up underneath the scar already there. Hopefullly it wont get too big, but its on its way. The right side has calmed down a bit. I stopped taking Murad pure skin supplements cause i ran out and dont feel like getting more. I dont think they really did anything anyways. I am staying on the fish oil supplements though. The AHA lotion is somewhat helping with the hyperpigmentation.

Active: 1 or 2 under the skin

Small: get a couple small ones every morning that are usually gone in a day

Brown spots: more and more each day

IPB Image

IPB Image

Day 12 (8-8-06)

New Big fella on my left side... drained though. i put neosporin on it so hopefully it will go down

Right side still has a bunch of brown marks.. but no big pimples which is good.

Other than that.... still truckin

PS. I will be gone for the next 5 days.. lets hope i have some good/improved pics to post up.

Day 17 (8-13-06)

Well, just as I was regaining my confidence and my brown marks were fading. my face had no bumps.... a breakout... I now have 5 very large pimples. 2 on my right, 1 on my left, 1 on right chin, and one by my left eyebrow....wtf... Im very upset cause i was hoping to be clear for my bday and now i have 2 of the hugest pimples ive ever had . I suspect it was either the sun (i was at the beach), or it was because i forgot to bring my omega 3,6,9 supplements. this is ridiculous, i am going to stay faithful to the regimen though casue it is still early. i hope these clear up by the end of the month.......damn the man. I will post pics later im too depressed

Hi,

I wanted to check and make sure you are at the full amount of bp, or close to it. It is the generous amount of bp that is going to get you clear. Once you are at the full amount, you should begin to notice some good gradual clearing. But yea, the first few months can be up and down.

Make sure you aren't using any 'extra' products. You mentioned masks, I think, in one of your posts. Don't use anything except the basic CSR, especially for the first 3 months or so. If the NHSFL was too strong for you, hang on to it because you may want to use it at a later time once your skin has gotten accustomed to the CSR.

hang in there and be gentle!

Good luck!

Thanks for the post Brandy, yes i am on a full fat finger of bp without any irritation. it seems to be working. I noticed that all my new zits were old ones that never surfaced. so something sparked them up. I used an exfoliating mask maybe twice so far. I dont think it hurt anything, cause i didnt breakout anywhere else and its not irritating. I have also been using the AHA lotion which is helping.

Day 20:

All my new zits were violently drained. After some kleenex and windex. i loaded on the BP and the swelling went down. The two big ones on the right side are still a bit swelled, but im hoping they go down. They will leave some nasty brown marks. my other brown marks seem to be fading though. Thanks AHA. I will look into a glycolic acid peel after i am clear for a while. As of now.. maybe like 1-3 under the skin zits that i will try to kill with bp.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Day 23: 8-20-06

Yesterday was my twenty first birthday! woo hoo. It was fun, although i didnt drink that much because i didnt want to forget the regimen. Hopefully i wont have a breakout from it. It was hard because i was with a gorgeous girl and i still had alot of brown marks on my face. o well.

here are some updated pics. I am happy with the regimen so far. i keep to it pretty damn close too. I reccomend the Omega supplements as well to anyone. Even if they dont really help your skin they are still very good for other parts of your body. The aha is also helping .. and it is noticable to me. im not used to noticing fast results with acne solutions. I realize the there will def be more ups and downs with this regimen. but i can honestly say there have been more ups so far. Also i find that if i do get a zit it will drain easier/cleaner and heal faster/better. stay tuned folks

IPB Image

IPB Image

I'm glad you're getting such great results, and so quickly too!

Cam >B)

Day 23: 8-20-06

Yesterday was my twenty first birthday! woo hoo. It was fun, although i didnt drink that much because i didnt want to forget the regimen. Hopefully i wont have a breakout from it. It was hard because i was with a gorgeous girl and i still had alot of brown marks on my face. o well.

here are some updated pics. I am happy with the regimen so far. i keep to it pretty damn close too. I reccomend the Omega supplements as well to anyone. Even if they dont really help your skin they are still very good for other parts of your body. The aha is also helping .. and it is noticable to me. im not used to noticing fast results with acne solutions. I realize the there will def be more ups and downs with this regimen. but i can honestly say there have been more ups so far. Also i find that if i do get a zit it will drain easier/cleaner and heal faster/better. stay tuned folks

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks alot for the support cam.!

Day 24: 8-21-06

Just a quick post... No new guys. Drained the couple on my right side. waiting for them to scab up and fall off. I have also started applying the BP in two steps about a week ago and forgot to mention it. After cleansing I use a half finger for most of my face. Then i let that absorb a bit and apply the other half finger just to my cheeks (biggest problem spot) and maybe inbetween my eyes. hopefully by really targeting my cheeks they will clear up more and more. ill be back

Oh yeah .. here is a belated picture of me...I thought it was about time to show the whole me instead of just my crummy face.

IPB Image