Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive been on B5 for a week or so now. Its challenging because of the amount you have to take. I currently take 6g daily and will continue at that amount, even though its recommended you take 10g. My question is, when does the initial breakout usually occur, because I think im getting one (its been roughly 8 days), and how long does it usually last for? Also, to be honest I havent noticed much of a difference in my oilyness yet. Does this tend to change drastically in a few months or gradually over time? I havent really seen these same questions asked in a post before about B5. If I did i wouldnt bother posting :) but anyway, didnt see any so there's the questions. Thanks for any info :D

edit: and when i say these same questions, I mainly mean the part with the drastic oil change or gradual, and the general IB duration

Ive been on B5 for a week or so now. Its challenging because of the amount you have to take. I currently take 6g daily and will continue at that amount, even though its recommended you take 10g. My question is, when does the initial breakout usually occur, because I think im getting one (its been roughly 8 days), and how long does it usually last for? Also, to be honest I havent noticed much of a difference in my oilyness yet. Does this tend to change drastically in a few months or gradually over time? I havent really seen these same questions asked in a post before about B5. If I did i wouldnt bother posting :) but anyway, didnt see any so there's the questions. Thanks for any info :D

edit: and when i say these same questions, I mainly mean the part with the drastic oil change or gradual, and the general IB duration

There is no definite answer to either question to be honest. Everyone reacts differently and I guess it depends on how nad your acne is in the first place.

The initial breakout can happen at any time during the first 4 months. After that 4 month period you should start seeing nothing but improvement. As for the oiliness, it is a gradual thing. You don't just wake up one morning with dried out skin! :D It will happen in the first 4 months also.

Have patience, and if you can, take the dosage of 10g like it says, as it is this dosage for a reason.

Thanks vik. Ok and heres another quick question. Is B5 best taken with or without food, or doesnt it matter? I only ask this because Im trying that "wait an hour after you eat to drink" method. If its better taken with food well then I'll just start taking it with food.

Thanks vik. Ok and heres another quick question. Is B5 best taken with or without food, or doesnt it matter? I only ask this because Im trying that "wait an hour after you eat to drink" method. If its better taken with food well then I'll just start taking it with food.

You MUST take it with food. I take mine right before a meal.