Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STURZ10

the Afterlife of Accutane!!!

Please answer me, Why do people get acne back after Accutane? My derm said that even if my acne came back, it would respond 100x better than before, thus leaving me clear! Do people just not use anythuing or what is the deal?

please close this one and look at the otyher topic similar to this 1!!

:closed:

I'm sorry to break it to you, but the truth is that no one really understands why. The exact mechanism of action is unknown, and even more mysterious is how it can have a lasting effect long after the excess isotretinoin has left the body. They do know that it effects DNA transcription and that may have something to do with it. There are certain red flags that coorelate to a higher rate of recurrance, but nobody really knows (on a molecular level) exactly what's going on.

I guess everyone is different.I think maybe after time the sebum glands get enlarged again.maybe from the food we eat,or hormones i guess there could be a million reasons why.It is very frustrating.

It's not the sebum glands that are the issue, that's really a secondary factor. The real thing to focus on is that isotretinoin clears pores and some people never have clogged pores again. Even if your oil levels return to normal or nearly so, that's just fine provided the pores don't start clogging up and trapping that oil below the skin's surface. It's the effects on desquamation and keratinization that are the real key to isotretinoin's effectiveness.

Please answer me, Why do people get acne back after Accutane? My derm said that even if my acne came back, it would respond 100x better than before, thus leaving me clear! Do people just not use anythuing or what is the deal?

Becaaaaaause :rolleyes: your not treating the INTERNAL problem..only the symptom :shifty:

Becaaaaaause :rolleyes: your not treating the INTERNAL problem..only the symptom :shifty:

bullshit.

It's the effects on desquamation and keratinization that are the real key to isotretinoin's effectiveness.

In reducing the size of sebaceous glands, but sebum production is likely decreased via reduction of 5-AR activity.

##

-Roaccutane Science: http://max001.proboards42.com

-Retinoid signaling, etc.

-FDA Advisory Committee on Accutane (2000)

-Accutane package label (2005)

-Package label history

In reducing the size of sebaceous glands, but sebum production is likely decreased via reduction of 5-AR activity.

In reducing clogged pores. People can be very oily and still have clear skin - sebum is not the devil. Trapped sebum is.

In reducing clogged pores. People can be very oily and still have clear skin - sebum is not the devil. Trapped sebum is.

In simple words, nobody knows how exactly this medicine works, just estimations. And yes as for oily skin, my father only had acne as a teen and has very oily skin till today at 62. My friend also had bad acne as a teen, and now even at 22, very oily skin, he looks like a greaseball but I hardly ever see him with a zit. All oily skin does is aggravate acne if you already have it thus there is people that have dry skin and have acne, figure that!

Accutane has a number of dermatological activities. Decreasing sebum production is one of its primary mechanisms. Yes, people with dry skin get acne, but rarely severe cystic acne. Of course, this is just a casual observation on my part. Have you ever seen anyone with dry skin and severe cystic/nodular acne?

##

-Roaccutane Science: http://max001.proboards42.com

-Retinoid signaling, etc.

-FDA Advisory Committee on Accutane (2000)

-Accutane package label (2005)

-Package label history

Yep. My mom.

I'm not arguing that Accutane deson't decrease sebum - that is a known effect. I'm saying that it's normalization on desquamation and keratinization are much more important players in the clearing of acne.

bullshit.

I eh really dont remember actually talkin to YOOU when i said that comment, prob wud have been a *bit* nicer if ye had of said " i dont think so" and backd it up with a *valid* reason instead of an immature "bullshit" remark *yawn*

Have you ever seen anyone with dry skin and severe cystic/nodular acne?

me :( my skin is not nearly as oily as most peoples and I get the lovely cysts.

its wonderful. :doubt:

the only part of my skin that is a little oily (not a lot at all) its my forehead and ironically I never get pimples there.

Wait, I'm not sure I agree. I think Accutane is one of the few drugs that actually gets at the internal problem (keratinzation). Also, Accutane does nothing to treat symptoms (external bumps, whiteheads, and red marks).

Wait, I'm not sure I agree. I think Accutane is one of the few drugs that actually gets at the internal problem (keratinzation). Also, Accutane does nothing to treat symptoms (external bumps, whiteheads, and red marks).

:dance: yay thanks for been a BIT more helpful when replyin lol

Anyway, i get what your saying but its weird how some people have oily skin and no acne and some people have dry skin and acne. Accutane is going to treat the excess oil or whatever (im not really sure WHAT it does to be honest :unsure: ) but your digestive system and liver is still f*cked up like - i KNOW you have heard it thousands of times but ...

I started "flor essence" exactly 4 days ago and my skin is...well like clear - i have 2 spots, well there not even spots just kinda them red bumps or whatever and all the clogged pores under my skin (especally my cheeks :D are gone) Im going to go out today and buy more, sure its not exactly cheap but whatever it does its working - and all it really does is purify the blood and aid digestion and remove "sludge" or something from your body so it can get the proper nutrients.

As for washing my face, im using no HARSH scrubs just a gentle cream wash with like 10 micro beads in it :lol: (its new from "St.Ives" :D ) where as if i had done the gentle washes like up until last week my face would be a NIGHTMARE - it doesnt matter what products you put on your face none are really going to make a difference if your have clogged pores - i really think everyone should try the "Flor Essence" before going on accutane. If you search it online it gives a list of all ingredients and their roles. If you dont want to thats fine and i hope accutane works and all and goes well - but for those that are worried about accutane or finding there change in diet really isnt quite cutting it -

1) Throw out ALL your cleansers (or pack em in a drawer somewhere lol) and get GENTLE combination skin ones or something DONT get blemish fighting ones or ones that say "avoid eye area".

2) Get Flor Essence

(50:50ml water: flor essence, 1/2 hour before meal in morning and last thing on empty stomach going to bed)

3) Get some fruit and veg

4) Wait one 30mins - hour after eating before drinking

And make sure you post on how well your doing with it - the stuff can even help cure cancer :wacko:

:dance: yay thanks for been a BIT more helpful when replyin lol

Anyway, i get what your saying but its weird how some people have oily skin and no acne and some people have dry skin and acne. Accutane is going to treat the excess oil or whatever (im not really sure WHAT it does to be honest :unsure: ) but your digestive system and liver is still f*cked up like - i KNOW you have heard it thousands of times but ...

I started "flor essence" exactly 4 days ago and my skin is...well like clear - i have 2 spots, well there not even spots just kinda them red bumps or whatever and all the clogged pores under my skin (especally my cheeks :D are gone) Im going to go out today and buy more, sure its not exactly cheap but whatever it does its working - and all it really does is purify the blood and aid digestion and remove "sludge" or something from your body so it can get the proper nutrients.

As for washing my face, im using no HARSH scrubs just a gentle cream wash with like 10 micro beads in it :lol: (its new from "St.Ives" :D ) where as if i had done the gentle washes like up until last week my face would be a NIGHTMARE - it doesnt matter what products you put on your face none are really going to make a difference if your have clogged pores - i really think everyone should try the "Flor Essence" before going on accutane. If you search it online it gives a list of all ingredients and their roles. If you dont want to thats fine and i hope accutane works and all and goes well - but for those that are worried about accutane or finding there change in diet really isnt quite cutting it -

1) Throw out ALL your cleansers (or pack em in a drawer somewhere lol) and get GENTLE combination skin ones or something DONT get blemish fighting ones or ones that say "avoid eye area".

2) Get Flor Essence

(50:50ml water: flor essence, 1/2 hour before meal in morning and last thing on empty stomach going to bed)

3) Get some fruit and veg

4) Wait one 30mins - hour after eating before drinking

And make sure you post on how well your doing with it - the stuff can even help cure cancer :wacko:

Do you have nodulocystic acne yourself????

bullshit.

hmm rite... let me quote this: "The goal of acne treatment is to minimize scarring and improve appearance" thats basicly saying it treats the visual symptons. so any suggestions of "bullshit" is a little pathetic. Id say it was debatable but not "bullshit" as you so bluntly put it.

OH! AND CAN I JUST SAY THAT I USED ST.IVES MICROBEAD CLEANSER!!! and it blocked my pores :evil: ! it improved my face for a bit, made it a bit smother but then(after a few months of using it i guess) i found little pink balls of plastic coming out of my spots when they burst and stuff(eww! minging). the beads were lodging in any little holes they coud find in my face and then developing a spot. I DO NOT RECOMEND IT.