Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rockystar

has anyone broken out from bobbi brown foundations/conclealers?

has using bobbi brown makeup made anyone's acne worse?

i've been using l'oreal colorstay for years now and although it covers pretty well in lots of layers, i think it may have been causing spots because i have to wear it mostly on my cheeks to cover red marks, but thats also where i tend to get most spots..so im contemplating changing makeup...i tried bobbi brown in a department store a year ago and i think it covered ok, plus it was almost a perfect colour match and looked more natural (the makeup artist only used it on one side of my face, the other had the l'oreal colourstay on it, and compared to the bobbi brown, the l'oreal made my face look greyish/unnatural)...

i also tried MAC which covered well too, but i've read that it can cause breakouts after a few months although the coverage is amazing.

I've read the reviews on makeupalley.com but not all of these people have acne prone skin obviously... has anyone here had any breakouts from using bobbi brown/ mac?

thanks

You sshould probably ask someone at the makeup department where they sell it, if your going to a department store or Sephora/Ulta, if it has oil in it. My mom uses it, and it works really good for her.

Bobbi brown oil free doesnt break me out. Mac clogs my pores. There is something in bobbi browns makeup that irritates my skin though. It actually stings my face sometimes....and it stings and irritates my eyes EVERYTIME. Even their lip gloss will cause my lips to blister and peel. I'm looking for a new foundation now....maybe LM??

Yeah i always ask the makeup artists whether their stuff is oil-free/non comedogenic and almost always the answer is ''of course''...then i get all doubtful and ask ''its not gonna make my skin worse is it?'' and they always look at me like im stupid for enquiring and say ''we wouldnt be selling it if it did''...it really puts me off trying to find a good foundation/concealor in department stores.

Also l'oreal colorstay says its oil free, but still it seems to be blocking my pores? so im scared to trust even oil free products anymore.

Thanks for the help though guys, i think im edging more and more towards bobbi brown now lol.

I've used Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich foundation for the last 3 years or so now purely because it's the best match for my skin tone I have found (I'm Chinese so need that extra yellow tint in foundations). I've never broken out from it but I don't wear it everyday - only once in a while on special occasions.

I absolutely love bobbi brown makeup. Mac is one of my favorites too, but there cover up breaks me out like crazy. I wouldn’t suggest using any of their cover-up’s or powders