Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rockystar

blocked pores

hi,

i have quite a few blocked pores (closed comedones??) on my cheeks and chin...how do i get rid of them??

will applying BP help get rid of these and clear them up before they turn into proper spots? im too scared to squeeze them incase i make them worse/visible unneccessarily...help!

I've found steaming helps. A gentle steam (towel over your head over a sink of hot water, 60 seconds) before you wash every other day or so can really unblock pores.

Some people have found exfoliation helps, others find it makes it worse. That's kind of a personal skin thing, whichever works for you.

i've been exfoliating with a gentle facial brush 2x daily for almost a week now to help fade red marks..hopefully its not making the blocked pores worse...

i'll try the steaming thing tho, thanks :)

I have a bunch of these too, and while I haven't found a really good way of getting rid of them (I wash and exfoliate, put a topical treatment on them and try to leave them alone, and they usually go away eventually), I just wanted to say DON'T SQUEEZE THEM!!! Right now my skin's recovering from a couple of very ill-advised squeezing incidents (it was in the middle of the night and I was mostly asleep; scary!), and those tiny things that would have just disappeared on their own turned into large, evil and irritated pimples which are now large, unhappy red marks. I think I hate clogged pores even more than actual pimples, since they become huge and awful if I mess with them, and it's all my fault :(

Anyway, I'm sure you knew not to squeeze... but I'm particularly annoyed with clogged pores right now so I couldn't resist sharing... I hope you find something that works!

Lol thanks for the advice. i try really really hard not to squeeze or aggravate them, but i've noticed that even when i just leave them alone, most of them eventually turn into spots (arghh!). im using bp and might start using duac soon so hopefully it'll all be good :D