Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

has any of you dealt with this (I'm sure you have)

I've been on Banzamycin for almost a month now and yes, it has helped my acne but my cheeks have all these peeling marks and somparts of my skin is peeling while some are fine...I have to use my nails to peel it off...before i thought it would peel casuse of water but it doesnt so now...i just leave it alone and it has calmed down a bit but there are still peeling spots...its wierd and annoying

help?

I have the problem too, sometimes. I'm sure it's best not to scrub (although I'll admit, I scrub sometimes too just so the skin will come off). The best thing I can come up with is a good moisturizer. Whenever I have dry spots I make sure I apply a good moisturizer on during the day. At night, I let it peel since no one's looking. biggrin.gif

Try decreasing application to every other day, or every third day. Moisturize like you're crazy once your skin is back to normal, and then gradually increase the dosage, continuing to moisturize. Be careful of scrubs, they may irritate your skin more.

so instead of applying benzamycin every night, i should do it every other day now till my skin get back to normal...cool thanks but its still ok to put on like facial cleansers right?

thanks alot, much appreciated

ooof yeah. Today is my second day of benzamycin. Woke up and i was peeling like an orange...I thought my face was super dry - but it didn't hurt. Now it's pretty red...Kinda looks like a sunburn which might be good heheeheheh. Well anyway i'm putting on loads of moisturizer. I'm not using too much of benzamycin but enough, that's for sure. It's really cleared me up so much in 2 days i'm amazed! I love this stuff!