Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kools22

Strech marks... everywhere..

Basiclly I have been loosing alot of wieght recently and building myself up but the problem is that I still have my acne, all over my body :(. Well with loosing wieght and working out comes strech marks. To tell you the truth I don't realy care about the non visable strech marks like under my arms and on my arms or around my stomach but recently I have gotten one strech mark on my face 0-0 to add to with my acne. My acne has been getting better, I can say I'm much satisfied with the way my face looks when looking back at old pictures, which are still hard to look at but still my pores are quite large. I think this is a problem because I have heard that strech mark removing products are ussualy very greasy and can block pores, this is bad becuase I have alot of big pores to fill up.

What I want to know if there is any safe soulution or if strech marks disapear by themselfs as I grow, I think that the question I would like answerd most becuase then I wouldnt worry as much about this.

I think im a bit ignorant here..but i thought stretch marks were caused when you gain weight rapidly not lose it. I have some slight stretch marks around my breast from when they first developed ( i swear i woke up one morning and *poof* there they were!) I also know it to be a comment complaint across the stomach when pregnant.

Im I wrong in thinking this? I just wonder why you are developing stretch marks when losing weight. I guess it can happen with working out, but muscle is best build up over time thus the skin doesnt really stretch. Are you bulking up? Cuz i suppose that would stretch the skin quickly.

Sorry, just feel ignorant, and I think it would be a good idea to tackle what is making you develop stretch marks so much than just a cure (prevention is better than the cure as they say). And why a stretch mark on your face?? What could cause that?

Anyway..as for treatments, I know some things friends have used when pregnant that they say prevented them having stretch marks. One is Cocobutter, but that is veryyy thick and greasy. It does keep the skin supple tho so may be best in areas that are not on show. The other thing is Bio Oil. Dont be worried by the word 'oil' here, because the skin absorbs it easily. Some people find it actually helps prevent acne also. Its should not clog your pores but will keep the skin hydrated and supple. Its expensive to use all over so i think using cocobutter on large body areas you are having problems with and the bio oil on face, neck etc. I suggest also putting it on before you work out, you'l get greasy and sweaty working out anyway so doesnt matter if you put it on liberally.

Maybe someone else has a better suggestion, but thats the best i know of. Hope it helps.

I think im a bit ignorant here..but i thought stretch marks were caused when you gain weight rapidly not lose it. I have some slight stretch marks around my breast from when they first developed ( i swear i woke up one morning and *poof* there they were!) I also know it to be a comment complaint across the stomach when pregnant.

Im I wrong in thinking this? I just wonder why you are developing stretch marks when losing weight. I guess it can happen with working out, but muscle is best build up over time thus the skin doesnt really stretch. Are you bulking up? Cuz i suppose that would stretch the skin quickly.

Sorry, just feel ignorant, and I think it would be a good idea to tackle what is making you develop stretch marks so much than just a cure (prevention is better than the cure as they say). And why a stretch mark on your face?? What could cause that?

Anyway..as for treatments, I know some things friends have used when pregnant that they say prevented them having stretch marks. One is Cocobutter, but that is veryyy thick and greasy. It does keep the skin supple tho so may be best in areas that are not on show. The other thing is Bio Oil. Dont be worried by the word 'oil' here, because the skin absorbs it easily. Some people find it actually helps prevent acne also. Its should not clog your pores but will keep the skin hydrated and supple. Its expensive to use all over so i think using cocobutter on large body areas you are having problems with and the bio oil on face, neck etc. I suggest also putting it on before you work out, you'l get greasy and sweaty working out anyway so doesnt matter if you put it on liberally.

Maybe someone else has a better suggestion, but thats the best i know of. Hope it helps.

Thanks it did help. I think you may be able to develop strech marks when you loose wieght too because all that fat is disappearing and you still have extra skin. I'm not realy sure but the fact is that I am getting strech marks and I am loosing wieght :/ . I'm always a little paranoid about using products because they have never worked for me and I am having better luck (with my acne) not using any products at all except water. Maybe its the same with strech marks?

What I realy wanted to know is, do strech marks disapear naturally and if so how long will it take for them to do this?

I think the marks may have already been there but you didnt notice them because the skin was streached a little more when you were bigger and now that is not it's more noticeable. As for getting rid of them, I have them on my chest and hips from haveing a kid, and I have tried microderm, tca and nothing seems to help. I am going to try vit. E but I doubt that will help. I wonder why I see all these selebs that have had kids and not one seems to have a strech mark...It's so unfair. I went from 95pounds to 150 when I was pregnant, So I was sure to get them. And now Im back to my original size and it sucks. If you find somthing that works let me know, cause I want to try it.

I've started doing Fraxel on selected patients with stretch marks. So far, the results have been really nice. But it is an expensive treatment.

As someone who has had a LOT of stretchmarks (two children and one instance of toxemia with extreme swelling plus I have crappy non-stretchy skin) I can say that time will absolutely make them fade. They will look worse as you are losing weight and then will look better. If your weight loss is extreme your skin will never be smooth unless you opt for surgery. Mederma does help, but I would never use it on your face. Can I ask where the stretch mark near your face is exactly? I have the world's worst stretch marks but they are all abdominal and they have improved (my younger child is 4).

If the stretch marks are red then tehy cvan fade that out but nothing can really take away a stretch mark. think about it that mark goes all the way down so even if you tried getting something to sand it off the mark is still there. Its like gaining weight and having a piece of extra skin put in to add for stretching.. That little piece of skin or stretch mark looks the same no matter how far down u go. Thats why chix with stretch marks always have them.

Quality assurance u dont heal that well or u would not have stretch marks or acne scars to begin with.

I'm a former fatty I went from a size 15 to a size 4, so congrats on ur weight loss. Make sure your not losing weight too fast though as I've been told this will attribute to stretch marks. If your considering cosmetic surgery for this I was told that your stretch marks can only be treated if they are still red ( I've checked into this with treatment with several doctors.) so as for the one on your face I'd go to a dermatologist or plastic surgeon right away. As far as the ones on your body I'd definately try cocoa butter but not the lotion- I never seen much improvement w/ this but Palmer's makes a form a of cocoa butter with a vaseline type of consistency that really helps to smooth stretch marks. I use this 2x's a day and I apply it generously although it will get on your clothes it washes out. Don't waste your money on expensive stuff that doesn't work.

All these things you guys are recommending help to prevent stretch marks, but they're not going to make them go away. Do you put cocoa butter on scars? No, and that's what stretch marks are, they're scars.

I don't know what the deal is with mine, I have some on my thighs, like horizontally when I went through a growth spurt in maybe 6th grade... but I'm only 5'5! And I've been 95-98 pounds since 7th grade, so I don't understand how it happened. It sucks because I wasn't exactly conscious about moisturizing when I was in sixth grade, so how was I supposed to prevent them? At least since I know I'm prone to them I can be better prepared if I ever have children *sigh* But I've had these stretch marks for about... eight years or so and they haven't gone away.

Found a good little article that's not a crazy product scam! http://www.kidshealth.org/teen/your_body/s...etch_marks.html

Nobody ever said the cocoa butter or any other products would help her get rid of her stretch marks permanantly but there are things she can do to make them smoother and less noticeable. Since ur an expert what's your advice?

I have a lot of stretch marks as well....all around my upper thights, tiny ones on my upper arms and a few in other places. I've read that once they become a silvery/white that there really isn't anything you can do about it--thus, no hope for me.

i do recal when i went along to a isolagen seminar before i had a treatment, one of the ladies who worked there had guinea pig tests done on some stretch marks she had on her chest area. I didnt see, I guess i could have asked if it was something that overly concerned me, but it wasnt. She did say it was working for her tho.

I think isolagen is an expensive process for something like that, and truly dont know if it actually works. I guess if you have oodles of cash and feel strongly enough about it, it may work to heal them..

------

p.s. my prior suggestions were humble suggestions of what may prevent further stretch marks, not as a cure for stretch marks. To my knowlege, just as Optimistic stated, palmers cocoa butter (the really thick stuff) have aided friends during pregnancy in preventing stretch marks.

Basiclly I have been loosing alot of wieght recently and building myself up but the problem is that I still have my acne, all over my body :(. Well with loosing wieght and working out comes strech marks. To tell you the truth I don't realy care about the non visable strech marks like under my arms and on my arms or around my stomach but recently I have gotten one strech mark on my face 0-0 to add to with my acne. My acne has been getting better, I can say I'm much satisfied with the way my face looks when looking back at old pictures, which are still hard to look at but still my pores are quite large. I think this is a problem because I have heard that strech mark removing products are ussualy very greasy and can block pores, this is bad becuase I have alot of big pores to fill up.

What I want to know if there is any safe soulution or if strech marks disapear by themselfs as I grow, I think that the question I would like answerd most becuase then I wouldnt worry as much about this.

Bio Oil helps fade them and used regularly will PREVENT new ones from forming :)

Cngrats on the weight loss too :dance:

I wonder why I see all these selebs that have had kids and not one seems to have a strech mark...It's so unfair.

It's called body makeup and air brushing. I've read 90% of women have stretch marks, so it's safe to assume that 90% of female celebrities have them, too.

I think there is some misinformation in this thread. It isn't possible to remove stretch marks, even when they're still red or silvery, only to speed healing possibly make them a little thinner (their are only a couple of small studies that show this, and other studies say it doesn't happen).

You can't prevent stretch marks from forming using moisturizers. Stretch marks are the result of processes taking place in the lower levels of your skin, where moisturizers can't penetrate. People who think cocoa butter prevented them from getting the marks are really just lucky. I got marks when I went through puberty, but not when I went through pregnancy.

Rarely, a zinc deficiency may be the cause of stretch marks, so make sure you are getting enough zinc in your diet. Other than that, there is nothing you can do to prevent them besides not gaining weight rapidly (impossible in adolescence and pregnancy).

Stri-Vectin really helps!!!!!!

I wonder why I see all these selebs that have had kids and not one seems to have a strech mark...It's so unfair.

It's called body makeup and air brushing. I've read 90% of women have stretch marks, so it's safe to assume that 90% of female celebrities have them, too.

I think there is some misinformation in this thread. It isn't possible to remove stretch marks, even when they're still red or silvery, only to speed healing possibly make them a little thinner (their are only a couple of small studies that show this, and other studies say it doesn't happen).

You can't prevent stretch marks from forming using moisturizers. Stretch marks are the result of processes taking place in the lower levels of your skin, where moisturizers can't penetrate. People who think cocoa butter prevented them from getting the marks are really just lucky. I got marks when I went through puberty, but not when I went through pregnancy.

Rarely, a zinc deficiency may be the cause of stretch marks, so make sure you are getting enough zinc in your diet. Other than that, there is nothing you can do to prevent them besides not gaining weight rapidly (impossible in adolescence and pregnancy).

We should pin your post! Very well educated answer!

:clap: