Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STURZ10

They say Milk is Bad for Acne --But It has Vitamin A

It doesn't seem to bother my skin anyways. I drink milk on almost a daily basis and consume lots of dairies. Even if I don't drink milk for a while, my skin doesn't look any better so I guess only some people get negative effects on their skin from milk IMO.

Yeah well it also has lactose, BGH, Vitamin D, fat, and other stuff. I don't necessarily believe it's bad for ALL people's skin or that it causes acne in ALL individuals, but certain people are sensetive to it. Plus the concentration of Vitamin A in milk is probably very low.

Yeah well it also has lactose, BGH, Vitamin D, fat, and other stuff. I don't necessarily believe it's bad for ALL people's skin or that it causes acne in ALL individuals, but certain people are sensetive to it. Plus the concentration of Vitamin A in milk is probably very low.

The concentration in Milk is not low. It says in the passage! These are high in vitamin A or beta-carotene.

The hormones in milk will still aggravate some people's skin. As will the lactose if you are senstive, the casein, the IGF-1 (this is the hormone that causes acne when it's in excess; Accutane lowers it), etc.

The concentration in Milk is not low. It says in the passage! These are high in vitamin A or beta-carotene.

The amount of Vitamin A you consume in a glass of Vitamin-A fortified milk will not be enough to mimic the (questionably beneficial) effects of high doses of Vitamin A.

Eat a carrot if you want vitamin A.

Milk has one thing that *may* help a little but it also contains a whole handful of things that may be problematic.

Ice cream has calcium. That doesn't mean you should be shovelling Breyer's into your face to get your calcium content.

Milk has one thing that *may* help a little but it also contains a whole handful of things that may be problematic.

Ice cream has calcium. That doesn't mean you should be shovelling Breyer's into your face to get your calcium content.

Yes I understand there are other ways to get Vitamin A. But I am trying to prove milk doesn't affect acne.

ESPECIALLY IF IT HAS VITAMIN A!!!!

Yes I understand there are other ways to get Vitamin A. But I am trying to prove milk doesn't affect acne.

You aren't going to prove a damn thing with your crappy hypothesis. This is like saying BEER HAS B-VITAMINS, NEVERMIND THE FACT THAT IT HAS ALCOHOL, DRINK 12 A DAY EVERYDAY AND YOU'LL BE HEALTHY!!!

Vitamin A in normal doses DOES NOT CLEAR ACNE. In extremely high doses bordering on toxic, it can clear you up like Accutane. Key word: (almost) toxic. When you take Accutane, you're basically ODing on a water soluble vitamin A derivative in high, almost toxic amounts. Why do you think it gives off some of the worst side effects? If you wanted to get that high amount of vitamin A from drinking milk, a gallon a day wouldn't even come close.

Vitamin A in normal doses DOES NOT CLEAR ACNE. In extremely high doses bordering on toxic, it can clear you up like Accutane. Key word: (almost) toxic. When you take Accutane, you're basically ODing on a water soluble vitamin A derivative in high, almost toxic amounts. Why do you think it gives off some of the worst side effects? If you wanted to get that high amount of vitamin A from drinking milk, a gallon a day wouldn't even come close.

FYI: Accutane is a fat-soluble derivative of Vitamin A, not water soluble.

Cow milk has hormones and antibodies in it that are not very healthy for humans. Goat milk or soy milk are better alternatives. Personally, I rarely consume dairy.. maybe 2 or 3 times a year. It is possible that the reason cow milk causes breakouts is because of the hormones present in it, in addition to the specific proteins and fats it contains.

##

-Roaccutane Science: http://max001.proboards42.com

-Retinoid signaling, etc.

-FDA Advisory Committee on Accutane (2000)

-Accutane package label (2005)

-Package label history

The hormones in milk will still aggravate some people's skin. As will the lactose if you are senstive, the casein, the IGF-1 (this is the hormone that causes acne when it's in excess; Accutane lowers it), etc.

I haven't come across any studies that indicate isotretinoin treatment decreases levels of IGF-1.

##

-Roaccutane Science: http://max001.proboards42.com

-Retinoid signaling, etc.

-FDA Advisory Committee on Accutane (2000)

-Accutane package label (2005)

-Package label history

You aren't going to prove a damn thing with your crappy hypothesis. This is like saying BEER HAS B-VITAMINS, NEVERMIND THE FACT THAT IT HAS ALCOHOL, DRINK 12 A DAY EVERYDAY AND YOU'LL BE HEALTHY!!!

Geez Rubber don't have to get soo into it. Maybe this is a crappy hypothesis, but it is true. You guys are right about not enough Vitamin A to clear Acne but check this out---http://www.raysahelian.com/acne.html

Reduce intake of milk products, including ice cream and cheese. There is a high amount of hormones produced in the milk of cows, particularly in the milk of pregnant cows, which makes up the bulk of marketed milk and dairy products. Milk from pregnant cows contains progesterone, 5-alpha reduced steroids, and other steroid hormones. These hormones, when consumed, can break down into dihydrotestestosterone (DHT), the final molecule that turns on oil-making cells. Studies show there is an association between milk consumption and acne, and it didn't matter whether the milk was whole, low fat, or skim. For those who eliminate or significantly reduce milk products from their diet, calcium supplements could be helpful. Consider soy milk as a partial alternative. Buy unsweetened soy milk and sweeten it with stevia. Milk also contains high levels of iodine which may be an additional reason to avoid excessive dairy consumption.

I wasn't really irritated at the first post it just got old after you made several posts after that saying, oh what he said doesn't matter, hey look there's vitamin A!

Avoid milk from cow, goat or any animal unless you get RAW grass fed milk other milk is not good for acne and certainly not good for health as all pasturized dairy products can lead to serious health problems including acne.