Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STURZ10

Vitamin A---Spinach and Carrots

i am currently on Accutane and yes I ahve read other posts on this topic(eating foods with vitamin A while on Accutane) But really, can some one sum it all up for me?? I am going to have spinach tonight and I read on the Nutrition facts --160% Vitamin A, and I had carrots last night! Am i in danger, or what is this going to do to me?

PLease --Thnx

~Chris :)

There is a difference between "pre-formed" Vitamin A such as is found in many supplements and foods like organ meats, and Vitamin A precursor (beta carotene) found in veggies. Precursors won't increase your symptoms because your body only converts them to Vitamin A as needed, but you should avoid pre-formed Vitamin A in any significant quantity. Spinach and carrots are fine.

There is a difference between "pre-formed" Vitamin A such as is found in many supplements and foods like organ meats, and Vitamin A precursor (beta carotene) found in veggies. Precursors won't increase your symptoms because your body only converts them to Vitamin A as needed, but you should avoid pre-formed Vitamin A in any significant quantity.

So what your trying to say beenthere, is dont eat too much spinach and carrots!!

And they wont help speed the process of my skin? :wacko:

No, i'm saying that spinach and carrots are fine.

ok. But they won't speed up my skin "betterness"!!!?

Lol! How cute! I'd bet he/she is 13, 14... :)

Or maybe not :P

He's just trying to find out some things and I think he basically didn't understand beentheredonethat's first post. I know I had to read it again to understand that thing with the preformed and precursor vit A. :shhh: