Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reon

I keep getting oily!!!

Hi, i've been on this regime for about 3 months or so. But the summer has come, and its really bad here in London, its so humid all the time and its making me oily al the time. I have to keep sing tissues and dabbing my face a bit to get rid of it, but then about 10 mins later its oily again. I get it round my nose and cheeks and chin. So would it help if I not use moisturizer, even though I don't put barely any on. But just enough.

Will the oil affect my skin much?

Thanks in advance.

Too much oil will cause zits. Maybe you should cut down on the moisturizer since you're so oily and use more oil absorbing sheets.

Ok thanks, but you think I should stop using the moisturizer all together. Its a good one, especially for oil skin. But its annoying having to keep use tissues to slow it down.

So should I just stop using moisturizer or something cus using wipes or whatever is long and boring.

Well I think you should stop using it at night, since using a moisturizer at night is optional in the CSR. As for the day, you can try it to see if your skin doesn't dry or flake. If neither happens, then there would really be no need for it. You only need to moisturize if your face feels dry, tight, or flakes which is what happens to most people on the CSR.

If only some parts flake up you can spot moisturize.

What kind of moisturizer do you use? Maybe try an oil control one...such as Biore Shine Control.

I find that it's not the moisturizer that makes my skin oily, but the BP. I'll slap the BP on and wait 5-10 minutes and when I go back to the mirror to put on moisturizer, my nose is very oily/shiney.