Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Is Exercise good for the skin, or bad?

I'm not sure either, but i hear more that exercise is better for the skin than not good for the skin. I think you would have the experiment for a week, try exercising for a week and see if your face gets worse.

http://www.zerozits.com/q_and_a/exercise.htm

They say it's bad

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/105/1...0000_8001_ep_02

They say it's good

I really need to know because most people say it's a good thing to do, I'm quite confused!

Well the site that says it's bad is selling something, keep that in mind.

If you exercise and remember to shower and wash your face when you're done, it certainly can't hurt your skin. My skin looks better when I exercise regularly. It's good for your whole body, why shouldn't it be good for your skin?

Exercise is excellent for skin. It can cause an initial breakout just like anything else, though.

How many hard athletes do you see with those "mother nodules" that the first site described? I've never seen one, but I've seen cross country runners get acne in the off season as a result of going from lots of exercise to none.

It's a two way street. Exercise is great at reducing stress. No stress = reduced acne.

Unfortunately exercise also makes you sweat. Sweat causes acne.

So I advise this: Exercise, but don't do it in 90 degree heat outside or something that's going to cause excess sweat. And make sure you hit up the shower when you're done in the gym. If I don't have time for a full shower, I carry Cetaphil in my duffel bag so I can at least cleanse my face after working out.

I'm not sure either, but i hear more that exercise is better for the skin than not good for the skin. I think you would have the experiment for a week, try exercising for a week and see if your face gets worse.

You know it's quite odd you've mentioned that. I've tried both.. exercising and none, I found that the reductin in stress has led me to stop touching my face, which in return has led me to spread less.

But I'm not sure about the sweat issue. That's my concern. I always wondered if sweat can clog your pores, or cleanse them? I usually hit the showers straight away, but never dab my face while sweating. Perhaps the sweat can plug pores, but then also help your body produce less oil in the long run?

http://www.zerozits.com/q_and_a/exercise.htm

They say it's bad

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/105/1...0000_8001_ep_02

They say it's good

I really need to know because most people say it's a good thing to do, I'm quite confused!

Well the site that says it's bad is selling something, keep that in mind.

If you exercise and remember to shower and wash your face when you're done, it certainly can't hurt your skin. My skin looks better when I exercise regularly. It's good for your whole body, why shouldn't it be good for your skin?

That is the idea that I am leaning to, I mean, it should be good for it, significantly?

It's a two way street. Exercise is great at reducing stress. No stress = reduced acne.

Unfortunately exercise also makes you sweat. Sweat causes acne.

So I advise this: Exercise, but don't do it in 90 degree heat outside or something that's going to cause excess sweat. And make sure you hit up the shower when you're done in the gym. If I don't have time for a full shower, I carry Cetaphil in my duffel bag so I can at least cleanse my face after working out.

So basically, it's not the sweating that is good for your skin, it's the reduce in stress? I always tried exercising to a sweat so it would work for my acne. I'm not too sure now.

Exercise is excellent for skin. It can cause an initial breakout just like anything else, though.

How many hard athletes do you see with those "mother nodules" that the first site described? I've never seen one, but I've seen cross country runners get acne in the off season as a result of going from lots of exercise to none.

I haven't paid too much attention to the long distance runners, but I do know that most athletes have tight skin that rarely break out.

Well if you look at both the articles, the one that says exercise is bad for your skin is about 6 or 7 years old. however, the other one that says exercise is good for the skin is only about a year old. I'd rather trust the recent information and also from a reliable source like web md.

Well if you look at both the articles, the one that says exercise is bad for your skin is about 6 or 7 years old. however, the other one that says exercise is good for the skin is only about a year old. I'd rather trust the recent information and also from a reliable source like web md.

That is very true, I also found another article today... and it pretty much answered all my guesses, that it is a great way for acne to lessen.

I found exercise cleared up my skin, and made it glow! The only thing is, when I was using BP, my face would go sooo red...:( But yes it did clear up my skin. That's probably also because I don't wear make-up hardly ever, and wearing it when you work out, big no no.

i exercise for atleast 2-3 hours everyday. and my skin was always shitty. the only thing that helped is... of course ACNE PRODUCTS. Although.... maybe my skin would have been worse if i didnt exercise? whoknows. But it is not the answer to fixing acne thats for sure.

This doesnt mean don't exercise' ... its still good in other ways obviously

excercise is DEFINETELY good, unless youre like doing some crazy swimming in a pool of fat or something

Exercise is good (for many reasons, not just this), however I do find that if I exercise excessively (so that I'm really sweating a lot in a workout) then a couple of days later it's typically worse for me. I do exercise and get a lot of fresh air now, just I don't really do intense exercise anymore because of it. Helps keep it from being too severe for me.

Excercise is GREAT why?

Sometimes toxins seep through the pores and stay there and can irritate the skin.

Working out makes sweat witch removes the toxins.

Exercise is one of the most important things you could do for your body, your skin and your complexion...I used to always go for a run on the treadmill, not only did my face look healthier I had tones more energy and always in a good mood. Recently I had a knee Op and I havent been exercising and let me tell you i notice the difference...You need exercise to make your quality of life as best as it can be. My advice if you worried about break outs (which you might get at first) Drink plenty of water, and have a shower after you exercise, wash your face...(as other forum members have mentioned) .You shouldnt have anything to worry about, and in the long run you will look tops :D (and not just your face!)

I think its diff. Good :D It helps cope with stress which is like a cause for acne. The only bad thing is your sweating and getting oily so its only bad if you forget to wash your face and your acne gets worse;p But it will diffenitly help in the long run and not only on your face!!!

ok, an hour after i woke up this morning, i looked pretty nasty. I then went for a 2-hour jog in 80 something heat and I sweat a lot. When I come back, I look in the mirror and my COMPLEXION is much healthier than it had been earlier. i also felt better :P.

if you are just worried about quantity of whiteheads, i don't know if exercise is good or bad.

if you are worried about complexion, i'm going to advocate aerobic exercise as great for your complexion... check out the skin of pro soccer players for example .

ok, an hour after i woke up this morning, i looked pretty nasty. I then went for a 2-hour jog in 80 something heat and I sweat a lot. When I come back, I look in the mirror and my COMPLEXION is much healthier than it had been earlier. i also felt better :P.

if you are just worried about quantity of whiteheads, i don't know if exercise is good or bad.

if you are worried about complexion, i'm going to advocate aerobic exercise as great for your complexion... check out the skin of pro soccer players for example .

a 2 hour jog huh... i wondor if i could pull that off :snooty:

a 2 hour jog huh... i wondor if i could pull that off :snooty:

took me a year to build up to it. but 20 minutes is all you need to do to build up a good, refreshing sweat. i love sweat.