Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My skin looks like shit. I've got a handful of cysts and nodules and some cute little pustules. I have a couple thousand whitheads, and my face is red, blotchy and swollen. Plus it's covered in oil.

And I have no makeup on!!!!!

For those of you who don't know I'm a cosmetic chemist, and I make makeup for a living. The marketing girls are here from NYC to evaluate some crap I made.

I've been warned by my boss before about acne not being "professional," and that I should put more effort into my appearence. But today I went to wash my face and it hurt so much I got sick to my stomach, so I went without the makeup.

So my boss gave me the look of death before, because a marketing girl looked at me funny. She hasn't said anything yet, but she will. It's not like I don't look "professional." My hair is clean, and I do take showes and brush my teeth. I have a cute outfit under my labcoat, so it's not like I look like a slob....I just have acne....severe acne.........and no makeup on.....

The main reason I didn't wear it was because it hurt's to put on, and if I have to remove it to try something on (maketing sometimes uses us as lab rats for evaluating shades, finish, coverage etc) it will hurt to take off and put on, and I may actually puke (not feeling well to begin with because of antiboitics I'm taking).....if I have to touch my face.....

So I will not be putting makeup on.......Fuck her.......

Ooo... suck. Yeah, I know how that is. Well, I don't work with makeup but when you have to give a presentation or meet people who are important, and you skip the cover-up, it really does affect your "professionalism." Whether they want to or not, people make judgements based on appearance.

My mom used to work in the cosmetic industry formulating shampoo (for Redken), she would always go to the makeup formulators to get her face done :) Maybe you can get a coworker to help you do it really gently?

Ooo... suck. Yeah, I know how that is. Well, I don't work with makeup but when you have to give a presentation or meet people who are important, and you skip the cover-up, it really does affect your "professionalism." Whether they want to or not, people make judgements based on appearance.

My mom used to work in the cosmetic industry formulating shampoo (for Redken), she would always go to the makeup formulators to get her face done :) Maybe you can get a coworker to help you do it really gently?

I used to work for L'Oreal who owns Redken (they were in my building)...... small world (unless it was before L'Oreal bought them).

I'm a makeup formulator myself.....I know how to apply it....but it hurts so I won't. It's not like I'm giving a presentation or anything. I just have to show them my shit and let them evaluate it.....they may make me put it on (which means taking whatever I have on...off)....which will hurt......so I may have to decline being a lab rat today........

I don't need to be professional if I don't feel like it (they are wearing jeans and sneakers). They may be grossed out by my skin, and it may or may not affect how they feel about the stuff I have to show them, but I could really give two shits......

My boss is the one who gets pissed when I don't wear makeup (being that there's so much of it around).....I don't thnk it really matters that much to marketing.....

i feel bad for ya, i wish people wouldnt look at people with acne as non professional. i hope they just judge you on the make up you make and not your skin. your job sounds so cool also! ill pray for your skin to get better so you dont have to worry about this anymore :pray:

i didn't realize have clear skin was a prerequisite to being a professional :confused: i guess im out then

btw sorry you have to go through this labgirl accutane can't come fast enough I imagine

I'm a makeup formulator myself.....I know how to apply it....but it hurts so I won't. It's not like I'm giving a presentation or anything. I just have to show them my shit and let them evaluate it.....they may make me put it on (which means taking whatever I have on...off)....which will hurt......so I may have to decline being a lab rat today........

I don't need to be professional if I don't feel like it (they are wearing jeans and sneakers). They may be grossed out by my skin, and it may or may not affect how they feel about the stuff I have to show them, but I could really give two shits......

My boss is the one who gets pissed when I don't wear makeup (being that there's so much of it around).....I don't thnk it really matters that much to marketing.....

Well tell your boss to look at it this way... If you're not wearing the makeup you formulate, and you have bad skin, then the makeup obviously isn't causing it... bonus for marketing! He's a jerk if he wants you to suffer needlessly just for the sake of company solidarity.

wow your boss is a total bitch, and has obviously never had a pimple inher life. i cant believe she is blaming you for having acne!! like your doing it on purpose just to piss her off or something! unreal..

you can look completely professional despite acne - besides, professionalism is often more about the intangible things like attitude/posture/manner etc than straight appearance anyway. have you told your boss that your acne makes wearing makeup difficult? maybe she just has no idea? in fact from what you say it seems clear that she doesnt

and i hope you're not feeling down about your skin at the moment, you look great in your gallery and im sure your just as much of a cutie with some acne.

:comfort:

Since you are dealing with cosmetics shouldnt your boss know that many women use them to camouflage acne and without them she maybe wouldnt have a job. If she says anything you tell her straight that you are dealing with an issue that isnt resolved over night and she should know you been dealing with this ordeal a long time..even with make-up one can tell you got bad acne under it so she has seen it. I think as long as your clean and neat but have a messed up face ,not under your control, she should deal with it. You do your job well right? Then she has no grounds to do anything to you.

I've been warned by my boss before about acne not being "professional," and that I should put more effort into my appearence. But today I went to wash my face and it hurt so much I got sick to my stomach, so I went without the makeup.

That's ridiculous. Men with acne don't (usually) wear makeup....are they being unprofessional as well?

Or balding men? Do they need to slap on a rug in order to go to the office? Did your job requirement change so that you have to star in the modeling campaign for the cosmetics you develop?

Pah....give your boss an extra 'fuck you' from me....

That's ridiculous. Men with acne don't (usually) wear makeup....are they being unprofessional as well?

Or balding men? Do they need to slap on a rug in order to go to the office? Did your job requirement change so that you have to star in the modeling campaign for the cosmetics you develop?

Pah....give your boss an extra 'fuck you' from me....

I'd rather be bald than be face-fucked anyday.

The irony is, I'm growing bald :(. Talking about double-whammy heh?

She's pissed at me I think. I was suppoes to try on this bronzer I made, and I said no bcause it'll hurt. The marketing girls were like "oh don't worry about it." Then my boss was like "oh yeah you've got that skin thing." And that was then end.....

Then she says later this afternoon......"please do not draw attention to your skin problem, especially when marketing is evaluating a product you formulated.....it's not professional" :rolleyes:

I really don't care. I'm going on Accutane so I could really give two shits........

Later this afternoon a sales person called me to ask how I was doing, and to find out if we were still on for a fishing trip in early Septermber (an excuse to go out on a boat and drink). I said that I was but I might not be able to drink and get too much sun becasue of a medication I'll be on......he says "Accutane?" I was wondering if you were gonna go in it.....I want it too, but I'm not bad enough.....

The funny thing is that I met him at a seminar where I totally out the presenter (a derm and a PhD) on the spot (and got offered a possible fellowship for asking a really good question). He was sitting next to me and I could tell he was kinda checking me out....I was pretty clear since it was in the winter, but he wasn't. I felt like I might have offended him by asking my question (had to to with comedogenisis).....we've become friends since then, as he's new in the industry and needs some connections.....

He has acne too, but it's mild....he's young like me (mid twenties) and I think he has a little crush on me.....

It was really weird talking to him about it.....he said that my fiance is lucky, and that even with a few pimples I'm still cute......he knew that the reason I know what I know about skin is because I have acne....he said he's the same way.......it makes him want to learn about skin, and makes him a better sales person......he's right....

So I figure that my boss may think it's unprofessional to have acne, but it's really the opposite (in my industry anyway)....people like me actually give a shit about what goes into products that get applied to skin, be it dry, oily, acne prone....whatever.........I know way more about skin than I need to to do my job.......

So fuck her.....I really don't care what she thinks......Marketing loved my products.....and didn't even care about my skin........

omg wow i'm so sorry hun honestly, he tells you its unprofessional because he can't possibly understand the fact that you can't control how much oil and acne your face produces. he can't possibly understand that to make your face look as good as it does it can take hours. its been said so many times but honestly people dont' understand how much time we spend workin on our faces in a day just trying to look good when others give their faces a quick 2 second wash. I know how you feel with saying it hurts, I remember it would hurt to even lay my face on the pillow at night and when i would shift i would pop some of my zits and my pillowcases would be covered in blood. >(. I hope everything worked out today for you at work and you sold a shitload of makeup and maybe you can invent some that can cover any kinda acne.

My skin looks like shit. I've got a handful of cysts and nodules and some cute little pustules. I have a couple thousand whitheads, and my face is red, blotchy and swollen. Plus it's covered in oil.

And I have no makeup on!!!!!

For those of you who don't know I'm a cosmetic chemist, and I make makeup for a living. The marketing girls are here from NYC to evaluate some crap I made.

So my boss gave me the look of death before, because a marketing girl looked at me funny. She hasn't said anything yet, but she will. It's not like I don't look "professional." My hair is clean, and I do take showes and brush my teeth. I have a cute outfit under my labcoat, so it's not like I look like a slob....I just have acne....severe acne.........and no makeup on.....

The main reason I didn't wear it was because it hurt's to put on, and if I have to remove it to try something on (maketing sometimes uses us as lab rats for evaluating shades, finish, coverage etc) it will hurt to take off and put on, and I may actually puke (not feeling well to begin with because of antiboitics I'm taking).....if I have to touch my face.....

So I will not be putting makeup on.......Fuck her.......

Yes Fuck her,

Your life is your life.

so

Do not put any crap on your face.

Your boss is an idiot, a moron and not a human being.