Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi everyone. i have a derm appointment next wednesday and i know derms look for any reason not to perscribe accutane. what things should i say that could better my chance?

my sister and dad tried everything and had acne that was persistent like mine and accutane was the only thing that worked for them and cleared them up. should i mention this?

any suggestions at all would be great.

thanks

Yes, mention that, brinbg pics of them before and after and don't be *too* pushy...good luck!

tell your derm that it's really effecting your mood and changing your lifestyle and so on (I guess that's true in a way?). because sometimes they think you're taking it easy but in fact it's a serious problem for you and you only don't want to be crying like a little girl in front of your derm :rolleyes:

it should be obvious for ANYONE that acne is and will always be a problem for any normal person (that hasn't gone through some sort of self discovery which leaves him or her in perfect state or whatever).

I think tane should be prescribed without discussion as long as the person is properly informed about the side effects and so on. I'm just so SICK of all those derms and parents and people in generell who need to be persuaded, isn't it OBVIOUS that accutane is NEEDED?! *grrrrrrr* (sorry about that :shifty: )

well just be honest and say that it's a big problem for you, that you're ready to take the possible side effects, that you've got family members who have gone through it and therefore good advice and support and that you have seen great results so far.

you can always go off it in case it's too harsh you know (people sometimes act like you're injecting yourself a DEADLY virus or something, oh c'mon! :wall: )

hope you get the holy damn livesaving drug!! ;):boohoo:

(it's still shit but even shit can be of some use)

tell your derm that it's really effecting your mood and changing your lifestyle and so on (I guess that's true in a way?). because sometimes they think you're taking it easy but in fact it's a serious problem for you and you only don't want to be crying like a little girl in front of your derm :rolleyes:

it should be obvious for ANYONE that acne is and will always be a problem for any normal person (that hasn't gone through some sort of self discovery which leaves him or her in perfect state or whatever).

I think tane should be prescribed without discussion as long as the person is properly informed about the side effects and so on. I'm just so SICK of all those derms and parents and people in generell who need to be persuaded, isn't it OBVIOUS that accutane is NEEDED?! *grrrrrrr* (sorry about that :shifty: )

well just be honest and say that it's a big problem for you, that you're ready to take the possible side effects, that you've got family members who have gone through it and therefore good advice and support and that you have seen great results so far.

you can always go off it in case it's too harsh you know (people sometimes act like you're injecting yourself a DEADLY virus or something, oh c'mon! :wall: )

hope you get the holy damn livesaving drug!! ;) :boohoo:

(it's still shit but even shit can be of some use)

are you sure i should say its effecting my mood and changing my lifestyle? i dont want him to think that i have a problem with depression. what about saying that it is just very frustrating because i have had it for nearly 8 years now? and try to avoid bringing up depression topic.

thanks a bunch i hope get the tane to