Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shanky76

HELP! Cut back on BP, now red mark...

Good morning,

Yesterday, I cut back on the amount of CSR BP gel I was using due to excessive flaking (from one finger- fat line to one finger-not so fat line...if that makes any sense). Today, a few hours after going through my normal morning routine, there is a meduim sized red place above my lip. It is not a bump yet, but looks like it might be headed in that direction. :cry:

Question 1 - is it okay for me to put some BP on that place to prevent it from getting worse (even though I have already moisturized)?

Question 2 - would cutting back yesterday have caused a problem this soon? Should I go back up to the full amount and just use more moisturizer?

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

i feel u on this on

i have been using bp over 6 years now before even coming into this site and hearing about dan's CSR.

however, my face is filled with red patches and it is so ugly and visible. the acne is all dried out and it just

looks bad. so with that being said......after 6 years of using BP...i finally quit using for good the last 2 days. now i can see my pimple surfacing and my face is healing gooooood. my pimple surfacing making it

easier for me to pop the pimple and the redness are going away slowly....bbye bye BP

so my suggestion is think twice about using bp...it creates a lot of redness..trust me im talking from

experience.....

good luck

I sometimes put additional BP on the active areas, and yes, that does help infact.

Try that? I get red spots that turn into bumps there in that area too.

I know what you mean by the not so fat line.

I tend to use that amount too. It's still a line, but not as full as one.

It's been working fine for me, and I have no active pimples right now.

i feel u on this on

i have been using bp over 6 years now before even coming into this site and hearing about dan's CSR.

however, my face is filled with red patches and it is so ugly and visible. the acne is all dried out and it just

looks bad. so with that being said......after 6 years of using BP...i finally quit using for good the last 2 days. now i can see my pimple surfacing and my face is healing gooooood. my pimple surfacing making it

easier for me to pop the pimple and the redness are going away slowly....bbye bye BP

so my suggestion is think twice about using bp...it creates a lot of redness..trust me im talking from

experience.....

good luck

YES! This is exactly the post i have been waiting to see. This is bold cuz i want to draw attention here.

This is the type of post that makes me want to quit the CSR again, no wmy second time around[just like it did the first time].

Somebody please do something to encourage me in someway. Posts like this make people question themselves... will BP be bad for me? What if 6 months in... im clear... but im red and my skin sucks. Then you quit the BP, and your acne comes back, and the rednes doesnt go away etc etc.

Well, maybe I should ask a few questions first to see. ihatemylife... what type of regimen did you follow when using BP over the past 6 years. What % of BP were using/brand. What moisturizer did you use if you used one? How often did you apply etc?

For redness, and such.. AHA and like Clara said, practically anything Anti-Aging helps with the effects BP takes on your skin.

BP alone, would probably dryout the skin, and make it wrinkly and unpleasant to look at.

That's why we moisturize, to prevent the dryness, and wrinkles.

AHA Enhanced Moisturizers help even MORE, to help fade fine lines, red marks, scars, etc.

That is why Neutrogena has their Healthy Skin Face Lotion that a lot of us use under Anti-Aging on their website.

If you think that you're going to have red skin after 6 months, take a look at this picture of myself.

IPB Image

I was infested with forehead acne ever since I was around 12. I got help right after my 14th birthday. Now, I'm pretty much clear, no redspots, and clear, smooth skin for the most part. I do get a few spots, but those are my fault for skipping applications sometimes. They go away withen 3-5 days however. Once the Regimen rolls along, and you can start to use AHA, it is definately worth it.

The BP does make my skin so SO sensitive. I was using the Regimen a long time ago...maybe two years ago and it was working. I stopped because my skin got so red and overly sensitive. However, my acne came back and with a vengence. I completely forgot about the regimen and went through trying everything else I possibly could. Then I came across my old shipping form from almost 2 years ago and remembered THAT worked for me. Why did I stop? So I started a month ago and yeah my skin is sensitive, yeah it can be red, but I am clearing up once again. I am using salicylic acid as well this time so that it exfoliates the dry skin that drove me nuts last time. (I have been using salicylic acid for 8 months now so it may not be good for somebody who is just starting out on the regimen. Get used to one product before you add another.) Just keep in mind that your skin does get used to BP. It won't always be this sensitive, red and prone to dryness.

Baxter of California Enriched Night Cream AHA (Anti-aging Moisturizer for Men)

GREAT product (if you're a man).

If you put on less bp, especially at 2.5%, pimples have a chance to grow. So you have two choices. Use a lot of bp, finger length, which is the most effective and have a slightly red face, or use less and get some pimples.

Of course finding that balance is good.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thank you for all of the advice. I am happy to say the red place above my lip is gone- I used some BP and AHA lotion, and I believe the old one-two punch prevented it from blossoming into a huge pimple or cyst.

My concern was not a red mark, I have red marks left over from old bumps (they are beginning to fade) and I have had a red face most of my life (though it is beginning to fade too). I was concerned that cutting back on the BP led to the start of another pimple...which I was able to prevent Yay!!!.

It is so great to have a support system here to bounce things off of, ask for help when needed, and share experiences- including success stories. I am happy to report today that with the exception of the left over marks from old acne, I am 100% clear!!!! :dance:

Thanks again for the advice and support