Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Metric24

CSR...please work!

I found this site a couple days a go and I just had to try this. :pray: What is there to lose anyways? I've tried everything...retinol, oxy, clerasil, accutane(even that didn't work)... I've had mild acne since the age of 12...Now 24 and it's worse than even, especially since my pregnancy.

I don't want to go on and on about my sad life with acne...but I'm sick of it controlling my life. When dating, I used to wake up early before my boyfriend's , just so that I could put make up on before they saw me. I never go swimming...would take the make up off. No way! Since the age of 12, I have never looked at myself in a mirror with the lights on. :confused: And the worse part of it all...I refused to get my picture taken with my son when I gave birth. Actually, my bf took a few and I hid them....I felt too ashamed. I fear this problem will stop me from achieving stuff...It's holding me back...It has for soooooo long now.

So here I am, Day 3 on the regimen.

My skin is extremely dry around the mouth...it even looks like it's cracking a little. I put on Aveeno Calming lotion on twice a day, and still wear make up, being careful to chose oil free products. The hardest part so far.... not picking at my pimples! :wall: Grrrrrrrrr...Although my skin is very dry and I still have pimples, I do see some improvement already. Actually, I was able to look at my face in the mirror this morning...with the lights on! :cool: I seem to have less redness...and the areas where I don't have any acne look great! :dance:

I fear a breakout anytime soon...but I have to hang in there. This will be toughest part. But I keep telling myself: Even without the CSR, you'd get breakouts...so what the heck?

I hope the CSR will help me....I have so much hope.... :pray::pray::pray:

if you are super dry, maybe you need to decrease the amount of bp you are using. We usually recommend people start out with a very tiny amount of bp and slowly work up to the full amount over 4 weeks time.

Use plenty of moisturizer too!

Holler if you need any help!

if you are super dry, maybe you need to decrease the amount of bp you are using. We usually recommend people start out with a very tiny amount of bp and slowly work up to the full amount over 4 weeks time.

Use plenty of moisturizer too!

Holler if you need any help!

Thanks...I'll do that!

Still on week 1...

used less BP last night and skin is a little less dry.(thanks Brandy!)

But I woke up with painful under the skin pimples on both of my cheeks and my chin is getting worse...

It's kind'a discouraging.I'm gonna hang in there, but when you tried pretty much everything there is out there, you wonder: why would this be any different? :think: Hope this proves me wrong! :pray:

post-44203-1154099022_thumb.jpg

post-44203-1154099022_thumb.jpg

Hey there!

Kepp on hanging in there with the CSR. Actually I don't think your skin looks bad. Mine is much worse. So don't get discouraged. If I can be hopeful you can too :D

Keep us posted on your progress.

Hey there, Just wanted to wish you luck on your regimen. Hopefully all of us that started around the same time will see results in the next month or so. I will be checking your log as well as others that started around us and maybe learn/help with whats goin on. As for now, your doing a good job trying to keep your skin hyrdated and moisturized. I found that when mine was dry it reacted and produced more oil which helped clog my poors. I can relate to your feeling held back by acne, im sure many others can as well. I have med-school interviews coming up soon and thers nothing more in the world that i would want than to gain some confidence back for them. well good luck and keep at it.

Your skin dosnt look that bad.

The initial breakout is on it's way so dont pic at them. It shouldnt last too long and even then they seem to go away quickly. For abit of encouragment print out the "what to expect" page which shows results for different weeks. Also print out one of your favorite succsess stories. Put these on your bathroom mirror for some motivation even through the worse times.

Try to stay consistant with your regimen; You'll see members with sig. that say "my log for sucsess, clear in one month" dont listen and stay with the CSR. I hope to see more of your log in the future.

:evil::evil:Day 7

I'm in a crappy mood!Grrrrrr...SKin seems to be getting worse. :cry: Which is something I expected but sucks anyways. I'm hoping this is the initial breakout.

What pisses me off :doh: :

-2 new under the skin pimples on my forehead.

-2 new cysts near hairline(which is probably caused by the extremem humidity of yesterday)

-tons of tiny bumps on my cheeks(used to have smooth cheeks)

On the brighter side :) :

-The cysts on my chin seem to be healing faster than usual

-Pimples on chin getting smaller and are slowly drying.(they better go away soon! :evil: )

I'm sort of discouraged. My bf gets his summer vacations on the 12th. I don't want to isolate myself because of my skin. This sucks! He wanted to have a little party last night but I felt too ashamed.(my face is yucky!)My son is turning 1 in october...i want to have clear skin by then sooooooo bad!

I'm so afraid this is not working for me...Is it normal for my skin to get breakouts where I didn't have them before starting the CSR???? :think::think::think:

Day 8...

Only one thing to say: It Sucks! :doubt:

I have a million tiny little pimples all over (never had those) my cheeks(wasn't a problem area)...and this awful cyst near the corner of my mouth...pretty sexy! Looks like I have herpes... :sick:

This has to work,this has to work, this has to work! :pray::pray::pray:

One good thing though: Glad I got rid of PanOxyl (Thanks Tinman!) Neutrogena on the spot is much better! Might Try Dan's BP soon.

Day 9

Ok...tiny pimples slowly fading away...but...3 big ones on my jaw line :( On a more positive note, the 2 big guys that appeared on my forehead yesterday are practically gone and 2 on my cheek are pretty much gone.

And they're expecting today to be the hottest, most humid day this summer. That is just great! :doh: I'll probably have 10 more pimples tonight...grrrrrr

Trying to be positive! :whistle: Reading the success stories...

Day 10

Ok, so the 2 big dudes on my forehead, who led me to believe they we're gonna disappear, decided to invite a few friends. So now I have a party of 4 on my forehead. (it is sooooo humid here right now, and with the hair and sweat...argh! :wacko: )

New tiny pimple on my cheek...but all the old(2-3 days) ones are drying off. Just stuck with the big one near the corner of my mouth. It's a mess...really dark. Don't know why, I didn't pick at it!!! :liar::doh:

Good news: My 2 under the skin(and painful) ones don't seem to want to come up and are getting flatter and flatter.

I can't really say I'm seeing improvement, but I'm seeing change and to me, that's good. Gives me hope! I ordered Dan's gelyesterday. Can't wait to try it! :D I'm liking the neutrogena healthy skin(with AHA), but my face is peeling like crazy. It doesn't feel dry, but I can roll down some skin like old wallpaper. :redface: Hope that's normal!

Ok...I finally got the courage to take pics without make up... :rolleyes: This wasn't easy. My face has never been THIS bad (due to the initial breakout, I suppose :doubt: ) This wasn't easy for me...but I'm hoping to look back on this in a few months and see the progress I made...

So here it is, my ugly self, with my ugly skin....I hate it so much!

post-44203-1154528094_thumb.jpg

post-44203-1154528094_thumb.jpg

Your face really isn't that bad! At all! But I hope everything is going good. :thumbsup:

Thanks! :)

Day 10Quick update...

Not much to say...

Started putting on more BP (half finger...fatter line) and it makes a difference...

No new spots today and no cysts-under de skin pimples at all.(for now)

Old pimples fading...

Hope it continues to get better!

I would keep up with the larger amount of BP as long as it isnt irritating your face. I use a full fat finger. to make sure my cheeks soaked up as much as possible. good luck

I would keep up with the larger amount of BP as long as it isnt irritating your face. I use a full fat finger. to make sure my cheeks soaked up as much as possible. good luck

Yep, I'm slowly increasing the amount...It makes a BIG difference!This morning, I woke up with.....drrrrrrrrrrrrr...1 pimple!

Yay!

Oh man! I think this could be working... :dance: Hope I don't jinx it!

I'm up to half a finger og BP...now it actually takes me 3-4 minutes to rub it in and wow! It shows!

I'm happy to say I have 0 active zits today! :D And my skin is softer and smoother...

I still have brown marks near my mouth, in the chin area...but wow! I got a tiny pimple last night and it brushed off this morning when I washed. This never happened to me. My pimples usually remain for weeks.

I just have a really good feeling about this...I've never seen improvement (of my acne) with any other product before (not even accutane or proactiv)...not even in the beginning.I DO expect to get more pimples in the weeks to come, but atleast I see that something is going on...something is changing.

Forehead: clear

cheeks: clear

chin: brown marks...no active zits.

:dance::dance::dance:

Day 15

I went to bed with a few bumps last night and when I woke up, they were already white heads and 2 of the vanished in the shower. :dance: So I have like...huh...

chin: 3 tiny tiny zits

rest: clear

Even though I have new zits, I can really see that this is working for me. For the past few days, I've been able to look at myself in a mirror with the lights ON...and without crying.I went shopping yesterday and that is usually really depressing for me. You know how those shopping mall lights can be!?! :doubt: And my skin really looked ok, with make up on, of course.But still...I think that in a few weeks, my skin will look pretty decent.

Only negativeside...I ran out of Neutrogena on the spot and I'm still waiting for my CSR gel, so I had to go back to PanOxyl, which is making my skin flaky, :wall:

I am loving this CSR!!!!

Day 16

I got Dan's Bp today!(only took 9 days and I'm in Canada...I'm impressed!)I can't wait to try it!

Ok, is it just me or is this CSR fun... :rolleyes: I actually look forward to it every morning and every night! Maybe I'm just weird...or maybe my life is just boring... :shifty:

Ok, so the tiny pimples on my chin are flat and drying(man I love this!) And no new pimples!Wooohooo! :dance:

And this morning, while washing my face, I notices how soft my skin was. Its texture changed so much!I'm so excited about this!

I should put up pics next week!

Day 17

Feeling a little down today... :(

forhead: 2 pimples near my eyebrows

cheek: big pimple just waiting to come up and ruin everything(trying hard not to touch it)

chin: a few tiny pimples that seem to be really dry already. Alot of brown marks!argh! :doubt:

hair line: 2 pimples

Yuck,yuck,yuck! :sick: PLus my boyfriend is off for 2 weeks starting tomorrow. I was really looking forward to my skin looking better. Guess I won't be going to the water park afterall. :snooty:

Tried Dan's BP last night and this morning. Is it just me, or is Dan's BP alot less harshthan the other ones. It's not drying my skin at all...no stinging, itching or burning . It almost feels like it's not working. (It's weird, but when a product burns or stings, I start believing that it is ''working'' and getting rif of all the crap beneath my skin)

On a positive note, I'm losing weight! :dance: This has nothing to do with my acne, but cutting fatty foods made me lose weight in like 2 weeks. Even my mom noticed, and she NEVER compliments people! (prefers picking out flaws)

HI,

Was just reading through your log.

Yes, Dan's gel is less drying and harsh than the others, imo. It actually feels soothing on my skin. But still effective to kill the acne.

Keep hanging in there, you're doing fine.

And GO TO THE WATERPARK!!! Put on some sunscreen and go have some fun!

Keep hanging in there, you're doing fine.

And GO TO THE WATERPARK!!! Put on some sunscreen and go have some fun!

First, NOPE, won'T go to the waterpark...why you ask? Uhhh...cuz I look like a freak. Yeah, I'm not kidding. I used to have mild acne...at the worst like 5 pimples at a time...at the worst! I had smooth cheeks, a smooth forehead. Now? I look like I've had severe acne for years. My skin looks awful. I keep getting breakouts and more brown and red marks.Hurray! :mad: I'm really pissed right now. :snooty: Not sure I'll keep up with this. I'm starting to think that this will be like accutane all over again. :wall::wall::wall: Not too bad skin...gets worse in the beginning and gets back to square 1 in the end, plus the scarring.Woohoo! :doubt:

Ok, so I used to have a few pimples that bothered me. Well now I'm stuck with a whole face full of bumps and marks. I look awful! And I know it won't go away. My skin takes years to get rid of marks and scars.My cheeks are fucked up for good now.

I loved this a few days back, now I hate it. I don'T know why I expected this to be different. Even what works with others(like accutane), never works for me. Oh well!Life sux!