Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jonny_boy

Healthy Looking Skin

I'm wondering what foods are out there that don't necessarily help with acne but just make your skin look much healthier etc. I know water is good for this. Does anyone notice a difference in their skin withw ater? If so what?

MSM is a great supplement for this, antioxidant rich foods help a lot, as does foods with GLA (hemp seed oil, spirulina, evening primrose oil), and foods high in omega-3's like salmon. Plenty of vitamins and minerals in general ensures more elastic, smooth skin. But as far as fast results, MSM really smoothened out my skin better then anything else, followed by omega 3 foods / supplements, and GLA foods. Unfortunately I have a lot of scars :( but on my forehead which is clear, my skin is like a baby's ass.

Hehe, thanks a lot for the advice. I've actually been taking Cod Liver Oil supplements each day, whcih ahve Omega-3 is that good? Oh and what is MSM?

Yes, cod liver is a very good source. MSM is a form of organic sulphur, which is largely needed by the skin, hair and nails. You can find it at a health food store in the supplement section - I recommend the powder, it's got a little taste but not much. Just a hint of bitterness but nothing bad. You don't want to heat it up by mixing it into a tea or anything, but if you added it to juice I'm sure you wouldn't notice it at all. Start off taking somewhere around 1-3 grams a day, work your way up as high as 10 grams a day - it's completely safe and most people are very deficient unless you eat a lot of sulphur foods like broccoli, cabbage, onions etc. Google msm skin and you'll probably find some more info.

Is it possible to get a good amount of it from foods? If so please can you list a few more that you know of.

Also i'm glad your skin is so much better with using this, what changed have you noticed. I jsut read that it helps repair skin and stops scar tissue etc.

Basically, if it's smelly when it cooks, it's probably sulphurous. So, garlic, onions, brocolli, cabbage, sauerkraut, brussel sprouts and chives are all like that. They are best eaten raw, sulphur compounds are easily cooked out.

MSM also makes me never get sore muscles, and if I do get them they don't last longer then a few hours as opposed to a few days. And it's helped me have more energy. Pretty good stuff. It never cleared me up though.

I'm jsut scared that it's secretly gonna be damaging my body, it's a powder froma healthstore right? Cos I dunno if it's natural fro us to have such a high dose.

Eh, read about it and do your research. It's fine.

Mankind used to ingest much larger amounts of it before the advent of processed foods. You can dose heavily on it for awhile to make up years of deficiency.

KALE. It's filled with vitamin E. It's great for the skin. Try it sauteed its tasty

yep omega 3 is very good for soft skin, flax seed and salmon and other fatty fish.. and antioxidant rich foods...

an hour of exercise (that involves sweating) does the trick. look in the mirror afterwards, your skin looks so much fresher and brighter. it's like magic!

I'm wondering what foods are out there that don't necessarily help with acne but just make your skin look much healthier etc. I know water is good for this. Does anyone notice a difference in their skin withw ater? If so what?

To see visible skin improvements you have to wait many months.

Skin is one of the slowest responding organs.

The is why skin infections take many months to cure.

Do not expect to see immediate results with change in diet, food or exercise