Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi folks,

I haven't posted in a long time now. I just wanted to post and possibly help others out there. I can only say to be fair, B5 really changed my life. My face looks normal now. No breakouts, no red marks, smaller pores. i love it. I recently just switched to using the powder, it's SOOOO much easier. I usually pour the powder into a sobe drink or somthing, shake, drink.. and THAT's it! I'm ACNE-FREE.

without this message board i would have never found out about b5 and my life would still be a mess.. really ACNE.org is a LIFE-SAVER!

x2. Really did the job. I don't even take much maybe 2 g of it tops a day and my skin is doing great.

Does the company that makes the B5 matter?

I was thinking of going to a health store and just buy some.

Also, does it matter if it's in powder form or tablets?

x2. Really did the job. I don't even take much maybe 2 g of it tops a day and my skin is doing great.

Hey I was wondering what kind of acne you had? And if you had an initial break out on the B5?

I used Vitacure B5 Clearskin as did Vikster.

The best and the cheapest!

B5 in powder form may be bitter. I use the pills to avoid that.

I used Vitacure B5 Clearskin as did Vikster.

The best and the cheapest!

B5 in powder form may be bitter. I use the pills to avoid that.

Thanks for replying. I think I might go and get some. At least to use it till get my derm appointment.

I'll go for whatever I can find at the health shop / pharmacy. Hope it works :fingerscrossed:

I got mine from www.b5clearskin.com.

It is the best in my opinion.

Some brands are not as good as others, as some are not pure B5. It is a case of trial and error. But we know B5clearskin works as its worked for us.

I have been on it 1 and a half years. During that time, I was clear after 3 months, came off it (you are not supposed to come clean off it, you are supposed to lower the dosage gradually, but I thought I knew best!!) and the acne came back twice as bad. Went on it again, took twicw as long to clear the second time around, but it still did the job. Am now on a maintenance dosage.

My acne before I started it was moderate to severe. I struggled with cystic breakouts a lot and was never clear. It was very painful and ugly.

I was also very oily.

Tablets, i think, are better. They don't taste disgusting, and you can be sure that all the B5 is getting into your system.

I hope that answers all your questions! :D

Thanks for the reply Vikster.

It's good to know all those things. I will ask my derm though about it because I think it would be no use in taking it now till I get to see my derm (about 10 days from now) and then she would put me on God knows what other medication and I would have to stop taking B5. If the derm says it's ok to take B5 together with whatever she'll prescribe I'll be more than happy to.

At least now I know what B5 is all about and I'll be able to have a conversation with the derm about it :D

Im not sure what the general derm outlook on B5 is, but i can assume its negative, as they cant write u a prescription for it. They very easily dismiss anything that they cant basically sell you. Every alternative Ive ever mentioned to my derm has gotten the thumbs down, even if it has helped me. Obviously im not a doctor, but even if your derm says dont do it, Id do it anyway, thats just my opinion. If anything maybe use the antibiotics for a short time until your skin clears up with the B5 then get off the antibiotics. I took antibiotics for almost 4 years... probly not the best thing ive ever done.

I'll keep that in mind MrRandom. Thanks for telling me this. I'll se what the derm says and then I'll probably get some B5 as soon as I start the treatment. After all I don't think it can do any harm.

I took my tablets to show my derm, and she didn't say not to take it. She was intrigued actually. She still tried to put me on accutane, but I wouldn't. So she said just keep taking the B5. Which I did!

But I know some derms will look down their noses at B5, but that is only cos they don't understand it. They would rather pump you full of chemicals that suck all the oils out of your body! :D

Hehe that's an interesting point of view Vikster :)

I'm not much of a chemical fan myself. Which is why I dumped all the creams and lotions I had and bought some natural ones based on aloe, TTO, cactus and rose petals mainly. And they're ok on my skin so far.

But I guess all my natural regimen will come to an end as soon as I see the derm. She'll prolly put me on antibiotics and some creams like Retin-A, which haven't done so well on my skin in the past. But I will still try to put out my point of view during that appointment :D

Hehe that's an interesting point of view Vikster :)

I'm not much of a chemical fan myself. Which is why I dumped all the creams and lotions I had and bought some natural ones based on aloe, TTO, cactus and rose petals mainly. And they're ok on my skin so far.

But I guess all my natural regimen will come to an end as soon as I see the derm. She'll prolly put me on antibiotics and some creams like Retin-A, which haven't done so well on my skin in the past. But I will still try to put out my point of view during that appointment :D

Dont listen to a DERM!!! OMG!!! They have all done nothing for me.. they just want to put you on chemicals and antibiotics... I'm telling you people DO NOT GO ON ANTIBIOTICS it just makes the situation worse, they break down your immune system.

So tdot, what has made the difference for you? B5?

I don't like the idea of antibiotics either. :sick:

I've been on doxy for a while (my aunt who's a doctor recommended it) but I couldn't see any difference.

But anyways, I'd rather go and see what a derm has to say cause I've tried so many things so far I just don't know what else to use. Of course these natural ways sound really good but I'm not sure they're gonna work for me :unsure:

I also took B5 and it GREATLY improved my acne/bacne and reduced my oil. I only took the recommended dosage of 10g a day for about maybe 2 weeks and found that it was just as effective when I lowered the dosage. Now I take about 2-3g a day for my maintenance dose. I had no initial breakout and I had moderate face acne and moderate bacne (big cysts). I asked my derm about it and he dismissed it and prescribed me all this stuff for my current very mild bacne (am doing sea salt baths now) which I dismissed in return. He was an ass. haha.

Well you guys made it clear to me that this magical B5 is worth a try. I'm gonna go tomorrow to the health shops and pharmacies around and hopefully find it. I've mostly seen B5 combined with other B vitamins in pharmacies but I hope I'll find pure B5 somewhere :pray:

Check a local healthfood store if theres one near you. Most likely it will be listed as "Pantothenic Acid". This is B5. Get a couple of bottles of 500mg tablets. I say a couple because you have to take alot and you run out rather fast, so its easier than goin to the store every week.

Like i said, just keep in mind its usually not listed as "B5".

So tdot, what has made the difference for you? B5?

I don't like the idea of antibiotics either. :sick:

I've been on doxy for a while (my aunt who's a doctor recommended it) but I couldn't see any difference.

But anyways, I'd rather go and see what a derm has to say cause I've tried so many things so far I just don't know what else to use. Of course these natural ways sound really good but I'm not sure they're gonna work for me :unsure:

I havent tried B5... I am in a "recovering" state right now haha, I use spectro jel cleanser and spot treat with BP. I was on the CSR it made me completely clear, but it gave me wrinkles :( It scared me so I stopped using CSR... I dont think my skin has fully recovered from it yet... I am going to wait until that happens to try anything else.

Try B5, derms have never been useful to me, they make me even more upset... giving me crap I dont want to put on my face. Ask your derm about B5 and they will dismiss it, and say "let's put you on some antibiotics". If you decide to go on them, take a probiotic to keep your body in balance... I take Florastor brand... I've only been to one doctor who gave me some sensible advice, I was upset with him at first but then realized he was right. He told me to stay off the benzyl peroxide and go on and acne diet... he actually freaked out when he found out i was using benzyl peroxide on my face everyday.

I was mad at frist but he was just trying to help me.