Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZiptiedHero

Hispanics,Latinos, Brown People and TCA

Ok im hispanic so im brown in skin color. I hear that its not wise to do a TCA peel. WHY IS THAT?? can someone please explain. If we were to do it regardless what would be the risk in doing this.

Says who? It's relatively safe for all skin types.

I have a light brown complexion and I've done TCA Peels and TCA CROSS several times. No problems at all.

I've also read of people with darker skin using it without any problems.

The reasons for the warnings are because hyper or hypo pigmentation may occur in some occasions. So, it's a good idea to do a small test before doing it on a larger scale.

The reasons for the warnings are because hyper or hypo pigmentation may occur in some occasions. So, it's a good idea to do a small test before doing it on a larger scale.

That is way it is not always good.

if ive tanned over the years, is this gonna affect whether or not i might develop hyper/hypo pigmentation or does that have nothing to do with it

Thats good to hear. well ill give it a try hopefully nothing goes wrong. I do have lots of scars and redmarks so hopefully this does something.