Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys~

so after some research I finally decided to start the accutane journey! can't say i'm not really nervous, especially about the IB (yikes), but I've read through a lot of members logs and the verdict seems to be the majority of people are happy with their choice. I never had bad acne until recently...now I'd say its moderate. Before I would only get maybe three or four small breakouts a month (didnt know how good I had it huh!) The only reason I tried every antibiotic out there from BP to retin-a etc. is cause my breakouts tended to stay longer, even after they were no longer active so I was scared about scarring. anyway I tried everything out there to get my acne under control but nothing worked....and right now my face is the worst its ever been and I have never been more unhappy. I have been staying at my parents house rather than the one I have with 3 of my best friends because I hate how I look. It's so embarassing b/c they keep asking me where I've been and why I havent been at the house and how they have been going to the best parties and having people over every night and and I keep making up excuses about having to work everyday and being tired (yeah right I'm really DYING to go out with them but can't cause of my hideous face right now :rolleyes: ) They are all absolutely drop dead gorgeous and have PERFECT skin, so in comparison I would look even worse! I am so depressed because its summertime and I just turned 21 last month and I am so used to normally going out every night and having a good time and now I dont want to be seen. I really hope the accutane works so I can get my old life back. I am excited to share my journey with you. hopefully it wont be TOO bumpy a road. speaking of which, how bad does the IB get and how long does it last? thats what I am most nervous about bc I dont want to scar. Is it A LOT worse than how your original acne is? anyway, I'll keep ya updated on the big day tomorrow!

good luck starting and the IB can range from horrible to not even appearing at all, its different for all people. If you want to minimize the IB then start with a low dose for the first month. Im about 10 days in and my IB seems to have kicked it. Its pretty bad but it could have been worse. Anyways, good luck tomorrow!

thanks for the info omgomg :) , I guess I am just really nervous about that part...but I'll do whatever it takes to get rid of this acne once and for all! I am going to be taking 20mg/day so I guess thats a low dose to be starting on. I'm also only 5'3" though and weigh 114 lbs. so I don't know if thats what I'm supposed to be on too? I hope I get bumped up next month because I want to get good results. so I am waiting for my derm office to call and confirm to the pharmacist that I went to see them (god this iplegde thing is such a process!). I didn't know about that part and went in to get the prescription yesterday. I had my Ipledge patient ID card, the prescription signed by my derm and everything and they said I couldnt fill it until the derm confirmed my visit! I was so mad! talk about a let-down. Unfortunately at that time the derm office was closed so I had to wait until today. Hopefully they will call soon b/c if they dont call today, I will have to go BACK and see the doctor and get my bloodwork done b/c it'll be more than 7 days since my last visit. I really want to start today because then it'll be about one month before my classes start up again and I want to get used to the medication and how it works.

SLR: Good luck on your accutane adventure! My IB wasnt too bad....it came at a really bad time for me, but overall I cant complain. IPledge is a total pain in the a$$. I cant stand that part of it. I hope you dont have a bad IB and I hope you get your old life back soon. Dont totally avoid going out though......its important to hang out with friends and have fun. Live your life like you normally would! :D

SLR it might take a long time for this process to work so please stop avoiding your friends! They can't help having great skin any more than we can help having not-so-great skin. My roommate has never had a zit in her life. She's always asking me WHY I spend so much time washing my face, putting stuff on my face, applying makeup, etc. They can't understand.

So start partying now before the summer is over! =D

hey guys~

so after some research I finally decided to start the accutane journey! can't say i'm not really nervous, especially about the IB (yikes), but I've read through a lot of members logs and the verdict seems to be the majority of people are happy with their choice. I never had bad acne until recently...now I'd say its moderate. Before I would only get maybe three or four small breakouts a month (didnt know how good I had it huh!) The only reason I tried every antibiotic out there from BP to retin-a etc. is cause my breakouts tended to stay longer, even after they were no longer active so I was scared about scarring. anyway I tried everything out there to get my acne under control but nothing worked....and right now my face is the worst its ever been and I have never been more unhappy. I have been staying at my parents house rather than the one I have with 3 of my best friends because I hate how I look. It's so embarassing b/c they keep asking me where I've been and why I havent been at the house and how they have been going to the best parties and having people over every night and and I keep making up excuses about having to work everyday and being tired (yeah right I'm really DYING to go out with them but can't cause of my hideous face right now :rolleyes: ) They are all absolutely drop dead gorgeous and have PERFECT skin, so in comparison I would look even worse! I am so depressed because its summertime and I just turned 21 last month and I am so used to normally going out every night and having a good time and now I dont want to be seen. I really hope the accutane works so I can get my old life back. I am excited to share my journey with you. hopefully it wont be TOO bumpy a road. speaking of which, how bad does the IB get and how long does it last? thats what I am most nervous about bc I dont want to scar. Is it A LOT worse than how your original acne is? anyway, I'll keep ya updated on the big day tomorrow!

Goodluck with your treatment, and I was just wondering what IB is?

so I am soooooo pissed off right now! even though my derm told me I was unlocked, turns out Ipledge didnt unlock me yet! I got all MY part of the job done a week ago so now I have to call my derm for a new prescription and wait for ipledge to unlock it so I can get it, and god knows how long that'll take. this is very frustrating!! :evil: I wanted to start early so I wouldnt be starting as soon as classes start. How long does it take to unlock a freakin website?? :rolleyes:

lisalisa3: thanks for the comment! even if my IB is bad I guess in the end it'll all be worth it! I know I should go live my life the way I normally would but this whole hating my skin thing takes some getting used to. like i said i didnt have this problem before so its tough to accept it. anyway I'll keep ya posted on my progress!

Heather F: I will def keep that in mind, although I know it's not my roomies fault I still think it is so unfair! but you are right I should enjoy the rest of my summer and try and have some fun. I mean, your only this age for so long. Thanks for the comment and advice!