Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fotomaggot

Benzamycin + Roaccutane

i'm currently on 20mg/day.

unfortunately, my Derm no longer dispenses clinical BP (10%), which used to work extremely well on me. He told me that Roaccutane should be enough.

but i was sick and tired of those large, pus filled stubborn zits that refuse to bugger off, so i went to a regular GP and asked for some BP. he recommended me Benzamycin (Erythromycin+ BP 5%).

does anyone know if it's a good or suitable combination? i heard Roaccutane should essentially be a mono-treatment, meaning using it and nothing else. also, some anti-biotics shoudn't be used together with Roaccutane.

hmm .... pretty new to this and not an "expert".

anybody out there with gd advice?

Benzamyacin is very effective, but after using it for a while it might make youre face a little dry/red which accutane does also.... I think accutane should probably be enough.

does anyone know if it's a good or suitable combination? i heard Roaccutane should essentially be a mono-treatment, meaning using it and nothing else. also, some anti-biotics shoudn't be used together with Roaccutane.

I would suggest against it, though when they say some antibiotics are not to be used they're talking about oral antibiotics, not topical. However, I don't think you want to run the risk of getting a severely dry and peely face. I'd stick with just the 'tane for a while and see how you're doing. Better safe than sorry, eh?

i think u may damage ur skin. maybe use benzamycin for a month thin layer, accutane will do the rest.

i'm currently on 20mg/day.

unfortunately, my Derm no longer dispenses clinical BP (10%), which used to work extremely well on me. He told me that Roaccutane should be enough.

but i was sick and tired of those large, pus filled stubborn zits that refuse to bugger off, so i went to a regular GP and asked for some BP. he recommended me Benzamycin (Erythromycin+ BP 5%).

hmm .... pretty new to this and not an "expert".

Hi, I took a 6 month course of Roaccutane and that was enough to clear my skin. However, when I came off it my derm prescribed Benamycin Gel and I've found it to be excellent and have used it for over 10 years and had a spot free face. There are problems though in the UK re. getting hold of any as there is a problem with the manufacturer - where are you from? If you have anything fdrom midly greasy to very greasy skin, I would recommend Benzamycin above everything else, although because Roaccutane is so drying I would either use very small amounts of Benzamycin just on your spots or not at all as a combination. Sarah x